Idea: Tim Tebow

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:48 pm
  • Thunderhawk wrote:Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...

Thanks Thunderhawk. I wouldn't go as far as mentioning Steve Young in the same sentence but yeah, he is by all accounts a good soldier, competitor and has the character and integrity to be a welcomed addition in the lockerroom... My point is that he is a versatile and athletic player. If we can add depth at 3 positions with just one person, I think its a move to consider. He is not a good quarterback, it is known. It is also known that TJack, Seneca, Tyler Thigpen, etc are also not quarterbacks. But does TJack/Seneca/Thigpen have the build to transition to FB/TE in a pinch? Mike Rob did and I believe Tebow may have similar qualities to make the transition.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:Tebow has been pissed that he wasn't used as a conventional QB last season. The dude wants to start as a QB, not a sit on the bench and/or be a TE or FB.

He wants to play a position he can't play. What do you do with that?

No, he was upset because he was promised a chance to compete at QB and wasn't given the opportunity despite a lost season. I dont think he came into NYC thinking he would be the starter... but when the world imploded for GangGreen, they still didnt give him a fair shake. Even still, it's not like he was throwing hissy fits and raging on his Twitter account.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm
  • Young didn't come attached to a circus. The circus I'd why i don't want him on my team.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Young didn't come attached to a circus. The circus I'd why i don't want him on my team.

No, instead a malignant cancer comes attached with Young.

I'm interested in going back a few months and finding out how many of you complaining about a circus were complaining about not getting enough national attention.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:20 pm
  • I'd rather pass a golfball through my pee-shoot.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:34 am
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:56 am
  • PGunning101 wrote:May a thousand miniature Jim Harbaughs infest your genitalia for even mentioning this topic...

So no.

This^
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 am
  • Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 am
  • formido wrote:Tebow would be a welcome addition under the right terms. He has talent. He's a horrible passer, which makes it all the more remarkable that he had a clearly winning effect on Denver during his time there. Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!

I also enjoy having sideshows on the teams I root for. Unless there's direct personal animosity between directly interacting parts of a team, sideshows don't lose games, except in the imaginations of people who let their annoyance bias their POV.

Well said.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:06 am
  • pehawk wrote:Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.

I agree.

"Tim Tebow will never blow you away Monday through Saturday, but what happened when he got his chance on Sundays with Denver?" -Jason Smith, NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ot-so-fast
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 am
  • seriously?? 2 years later and were still talking about this crap? Tebow is HORRIBLE and I don't want him anywhere near our team. He was a good college QB because of the guys he had around him and thats it.
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 am
  • Thunderhawk wrote:Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...

Bravo!
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 am
  • Thunderhawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Thunderhawk wrote:Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

That's your argument? Someone is clearly projecting. Try refuting the points in the post to demonstrate your superiority.

Isn't there a policy in here about attacking the post and not the poster?
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 am
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

I agree.

"Tim Tebow will never blow you away Monday through Saturday, but what happened when he got his chance on Sundays with Denver?" -Jason Smith, NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ot-so-fast

Stop it, both of you.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

I agree.

Stop it, both of you.

Yes, because you're bromance with Portis is based in reality?

We all have "that guy" in our hearts, mine's Tebow and yours is Portis. Neither of us is wrong. The only person who's wrong is Scottemojo, because his "that guy" is Rex Grossman.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:[quote="pehawk"]Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

I agree.

Stop it, both of you.

Yes, because you're bromance with Portis is based in reality?

We all have "that guy" in our hearts, mine's Tebow and yours is Portis. Neither of us is wrong. The only person who's wrong is Scottemojo, because his "that guy" is Rex Grossman.[/quote]

You're just trolling now, pe. You don't really like Tebow.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 am
  • Portis is a beautiful man, you leave him out of this!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:31 am
  • Allegedly we got rid of Flynn because he does not fit the system, who is a better fit at this point? Wallace? Portis? Thigpen?

I think Pete knows how to handle a media circus, and besides we would not have that problem because we and the world knows RW is not Mark Sanchez, there is no question who our starter is and if Tebow (who does have a unique skillset) just plays ball....whatever that means, I think he could be quite valuable to the Seahawks.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:32 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Portis is a beautiful man, you leave him out of this!

Oh yeah? You wanna play games?

I call your "beautiful man" and raise you delicious, born-again, juicy lipped Tebow.

pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:35 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Portis is a beautiful man, you leave him out of this!

I call your "beautiful man" and raise you delicious, born-again, juicy lipped Tebow.

Too feminine for me.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:35 am
  • /cries

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    pehawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Portis is a beautiful man, you leave him out of this!

Too feminine for me.

I love the idea of RW and Tebow trading friendship bracelets and bible quotes with each other.
    Last edited by SDHawk on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 am
  • nwgamer wrote:/cries

Your tears are delicious
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 am
  • I actually do like Tebow as a back-up here. If there ever was a fit for him, it'd be here (only in a pinch as a back-up). Sorry, I kind of like dudes that win.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:40 am
  • pehawk wrote:I actually do like Tebow as a back-up here. If there ever was a fit for him, it'd be here (only in a pinch as a back-up). Sorry, I kind of like dudes that win.

Yeah, but do you like him enough to trade away a draft pick and pay his salary?
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 am
  • 7th rounder? Sure. How much is his salary?

I think he'd be the perfect study partner for Wilson. And the study portion is so important, I'm going to assume that's why the Seahawks passed on an uber-talented VY.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I actually do like Tebow as a back-up here. If there ever was a fit for him, it'd be here (only in a pinch as a back-up). Sorry, I kind of like dudes that win.

Just wait for him to get cut.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 am
  • pehawk wrote:7th rounder? Sure. How much is his salary?

I think he'd be the perfect study partner for Wilson. And the study portion is so important, I'm going to assume that's why the Seahawks passed on an uber-talented VY.

He was a first round pick, i think his salary was in Flynn territory but i could bee wrong.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:47 am
  • The death of this thread is imminent.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 am

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 am
  • I fhe gets cut, I doubt he clears waivers, and we're pretty far down the wire. I actually don't mind Tebow as much as some people. he has a very unique skillset that people seem to want to fit into a traditional NFL mold. Pete's the kind of guy (along with Bevell) that will put him in a position to maximize his strengths and cover his weaknesses as best as possible. media circus? I dunno....in Seattle? I doubt it. If there was ever a perfect place for Tebow to land, it would be here, but I don't see him getting that far down the waiver wire, to be honest.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 am
  • SDHawk wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I actually do like Tebow as a back-up here. If there ever was a fit for him, it'd be here (only in a pinch as a back-up). Sorry, I kind of like dudes that win.

Just wait for him to get cut.

I probably wouldn't trade, either. My view is if the rest of the NFL is going to try to cast him to the CFL, I agree with pehawk that this would be the very best team fit for him. No chance he can compete for the starting job at QB (that's the straw man argument that some like to inject to those of us who are proponents.) No comparison to the talent of Russell Wilson. But, in a pinch, Tebow would do better on Sundays than many other options if the Seahawks had to turn to their #2 QB. He's a winner and how he resurrected that Denver team and even won a playoff game doesn't just happen. No fluke there.
    Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin played amazingly well together: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... ml?refer=y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-fERGyi4Os

Too, don't forget... #15 was just made available for a new Seahawk to be.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:18 am
  • Lady Talon wrote:Why would you want thousands of Tebow's followers using every idiotic argument in the book no matter how devoid of football sense to convince us why Tebow should start rather then Wilson? Because no matter how good Wilson is, those morons and the media that actually thinks America cares about Tebow's following would rage on about it endlessly.

If I were a GM I'd send him to the CFL for a 6 pack of Kokanee. And I hate beer.

I'm not a big beer drinker either but kind of like Kokanee and would never devalue it like that.

:roll:
    Ready for another run for the roses.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:05 am
  • In the history of the NFL, ZERO quarterbacks named Tebow have ever won a Super Bowl. Just to put this all in perspective.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:14 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Why would you want thousands of Tebow's followers using every idiotic argument in the book no matter how devoid of football sense to convince us why Tebow should start rather then Wilson? Because no matter how good Wilson is, those morons and the media that actually thinks America cares about Tebow's following would rage on about it endlessly.

If I were a GM I'd send him to the CFL for a 6 pack of Kokanee. And I hate beer.

I'm not a big beer drinker either but kind of like Kokanee and would never devalue it like that.

THANK YOU!
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm
  • I'm waiting for someone to say we could sign Tim Elbow, use him as a fullback. Then we could trade Beastmode and save money against the cap.

Now that's the kind of thing Elbow supporters would think of.

:141847_bnono:
    Ready for another run for the roses.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:59 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Why would you want thousands of Tebow's followers using every idiotic argument in the book no matter how devoid of football sense to convince us why Tebow should start rather then Wilson? Because no matter how good Wilson is, those morons and the media that actually thinks America cares about Tebow's following would rage on about it endlessly.

Apologies to Canada's breweries. :thirishdrinkers:
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm
  • Tebow sucks and he's a lightning rod . No.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:59 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/6621/20130401/tim-tebow-trade-rumors-seattle-seahawks-emerge-with-interest.htm

While I could see the team bring Tebow in based on their "no stone unturned" philosophy, I doubt they'd trade for him, as it would cost at least one draft pick and force them to take on his rookie deal (which was a 1st rounder back before the new CBA made rookie deals more reasonable). His contract would eat up pretty much all the room created by Flynn's trade.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 pm
  • I sure would like to know this "skillset" that this guy supposedly possesses. Because I haven't seen anything that makes me say WOW, I really would like to have this guy on my team.

When he was a college player, yeah, but this is FAR from college.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:40 pm
  • That article is from 4/1/13. Umm, I think it doesn't take into account some moves made since then. Just sayin'.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Zybot wrote:That article is from 4/1/13. Umm, I think it doesn't take into account some moves made since then. Just sayin'.

Like the imaginary Thigpen signing?
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 pm
  • SDHawk wrote:
    Zybot wrote:That article is from 4/1/13. Umm, I think it doesn't take into account some moves made since then. Just sayin'.

Boy, guess I am out of touch. So that didn't really happen even though it was listed on the front page of the Hawks page?? LoL... well umm not sure what to think of this then.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:51 pm
  • Zybot wrote:
    SDHawk wrote:
    Zybot wrote:That article is from 4/1/13. Umm, I think it doesn't take into account some moves made since then. Just sayin'.

Boy, guess I am out of touch. So that didn't really happen even though it was listed on the front page of the Hawks page?? LoL... well umm not sure what to think of this then.

show me
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:58 pm
  • SDHawk wrote:show me

I'm probably getting posts on here confused. I had just assumed that what I read on here had actually happened. There was some FA move that someone said had finally been posted on Seahawks.com. I remembered that it was Thigpen, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe it was Obamanu getting released that I was thinking of? That happened right? I think I am getting early dementia.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:03 pm
  • Zybot wrote:
    SDHawk wrote:show me

I'm probably getting posts on here confused. I had just assumed that what I read on here had actually happened. There was some FA move that someone said had finally been posted on Seahawks.com. I remembered that it was Thigpen, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe it was Obamanu getting released that I was thinking of? That happened right? I think I am getting early dementia.

Yeah the rumor is that Thigpen/Hawks had agreed to terms but Aros updated the thread noting that this is still unconfirmed.

I think the Hawks can afford to wait for depth behind Wilson. There seems to be some late round projects in the draft and I'm pretty sure Jets will want to release Tebow.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:10 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:If I were a GM I'd send him to the CFL for a 6 pack of Kokanee. And I hate beer.

As a Canadian, I would have to view that as a hostile action aimed at detroying the already unstable CFL! Lets save the Seahawks, the CFL, and possibly the entire nation of Canada and send him on a one way mission to Africa instead. :2:
    canfan
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:12 pm
  • Why do you want Tebow to get AIDS?
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:16 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Why do you want Tebow to get AIDS?

A misunderstanding I assure you. I'm suggesting he give "aid" not get AIDS! :D
    canfan
    NET Rookie

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information