Flynn traded for 2 picks - via Glazer/Twitter

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Can't post the link but Glazer said the deal is done and signing this AM

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 50s

Oakland will trade for Seahawks QB Matt Flynn, as @JayGlazer reported. Deal will be for two picks - one this year + a conditional pick in 14

I hope it's a 2nd rounder this year!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hoping for a 4th and maybe another 4th next year. I think that would be pretty decent given our FO's acuity in those rounds.

Edit: After seeing the news, kind of sucks we have to wait a year, but ah well.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Two late round picks according to Jay Glazer:

"@JayGlazer 3m
The 2 picks the Raiders sent for Flynn are in 2014 and 2015 draft. Both are later rounds"

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
AceBoogie715":1kzr0jvf said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 50s

Oakland will trade for Seahawks QB Matt Flynn, as @JayGlazer reported. Deal will be for two picks - one this year + a conditional pick in 14

I hope it's a 2nd rounder this year!!

Don't get your hopes up, they're probably both 3rd day picks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
raiders don't have a 2nd this year unless there is a palmer trade happening first to get one.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sucks if it's for two late round picks. He's worth more as a backup. He must have really wanted out and made an issue of it for them to let him go that cheap if it's true, since it puts us at 1 QB on the roster.

Throwdown

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":14473c3j said:
Two late round picks according to Jay Glazer:

"@JayGlazer 3m
The 2 picks the Raiders sent for Flynn are in 2014 and 2015 draft. Both are later rounds"

LMAOOO The reaction is going to be hilarious on here.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
So the Raiders are trying to get rid of Palmer to AZ for late round picks which in turn will come our way for Flynn? This crap is confusing and I don't like the late round picks for a solid back up QB. Who will be our back up now?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
And in related news...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Oakland also trying to finalize a trade that would send Carson Palmer to Arizona for one late pick. Palmer would restructure contract in AZ.

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":mx0jzf5n said:
And in related news...

Oakland also trying to finalize a trade that would send Carson Palmer to Arizona for one late pick. Palmer would restructure contract in AZ.

And we can still mark AZ down for two easy wins.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3hrmf0k1 said:
I think getting him off the books and getting ANY compensation for him is pretty decent for the seahawks. Yet again, we all overvalued our player.

Completely this.

We're just happy to move that salary, get a young guy in to grow behind Russell. We don't need a really expensive backup, team clearly feels that way.

nsport

Reaction score
I was starting to hope we could pull in Terrelle Pryor. I started rationalizing why he'd be a good fit here. I'm a Sad Panda.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The best news about all of this? Kam will probably be signed to an extension today or tomorrow :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Don't really like that we are getting 2 late picks, especially since we get zero this year.

mikeak

Reaction score
This was a move to get the money off the books. The savings this year is only about $2 million but if we kept him this year we would have spent $7.25 million AND had another $4million hit next year if we cut him

The total hit from keeping him for ONE YEAR would be $11.25 million vs trading him now and taking the $4 million hit. The ACTUAL saving by doing this is $7.25 million - that is a lot of money. Then I understand that we will probably sign Colt McCoy / Vince Young / Thigphen so there goes $1 million to $1.5 million in salary but you are still looking at about $5millions in savings or what we are paying Bennet.

Probably a 5th rounder this year and a 6th rounder next year that can turn into a 5th rounder. Remember their pick this year is at the top of the round so that does carry a lot more value. As in if you would be happy with a Baltimore Ravens 4th rounder then an Oakland 5th rounder should make you feel ok as well

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Picks in Flynn-to-OAK deal are a pick in 2014 and a conditional pick in 2015.

Nothing this year, it appears

Rainger

Reaction score
Doesnt matter what we get it is something we didnt have before. We got Flynn as a possible starter and then insurance. It cost us nothing other than money. Money does not mean a thing in the NFL other than cap and we had space then.

What we get is draft picks we didnt have before. Therefore the whole Flynn thing was a win for us. We paid for insurance and then used that money for 2 draft picks.

If we get a 5th I will be happy. JS will find something good in that spot.