If we don't draft a starting WLB

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I know there is no for sure starter in the draft anyways but going with that scenario does anyone think K. Toomer can come off the practice squad steal the job and start?
Toomer had alright bench numbers and was in the 4.5's in the 40 I don't know what kind of player he is but who knows maybe another off season in the com-PETE enviorment will be enough time for him to develop into the starting WLB. Any opinions ?

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
More likely to sign a FA after the June 1 cuts, I think, if this happens. Then draft WKU LB Andrew 'Action' Jackson in 2014

Hawknballs

Reaction score
haven't seen enough of Toomer yet and I'm not sure the coaches have either. Malcolm Smith is someone who came in not really expecting to start but stepped up when he was asked too so he should get a fair chance. Overall I'm not super worried about it.

Also the way we're loading up our line, and an already loaded secondary leaves me to hope we draft a guy who is decent in pursuit and coverage, IMO I would be thrilled if we got Chase Thomas from standford in rd 3/4, he's a smart LB who is good at diagnosing plays and not bad in coverage over the middle.

McGruff

Reaction score
I doubt Toomer makes an impact, and he's more of a SAM than a WILL anyway.

Smith is fine. They'll likely draft a mid to late round rookie to compete, but they don't seem to value the position highly enough to invest significant FA money or draft capital there.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Hawknballs":dhidnvis said:
haven't seen enough of Toomer yet and I'm not sure the coaches have either. Malcolm Smith is someone who came in not really expecting to start but stepped up when he was asked too so he should get a fair chance. Overall I'm not super worried about it.

Also the way we're loading up our line, and an already loaded secondary leaves me to hope we draft a guy who is decent in pursuit and coverage, IMO I would be thrilled if we got Chase Thomas from standford in rd 3/4, he's a smart LB who is good at diagnosing plays and not bad in coverage over the middle.

Chase Thomas was slower than Teo so i would leave him to the steelers lol

two dog

Reaction score
As I understand it, Toomer is the fastest but has trouble reading and reacting.
Mike Morgan reads plays quickest but lacks the speed and physical gifts
of the others.
Malcolm smith is the combination of these qualities and probably has the inside
track as the starter. Does that sound right?

I'm very fond of Arthur Brown but think he will be gone by 56. They might not
consider a WLB in the second anyway.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Between Smith and Morgan we have viable options, making the draft a luxury rather than a need. Sure that is probably the weak point of our d, but is still not worth moving from bpa.

Toomer did not look good last year. If he develops, fantastic... But I'm not expecting much.

Axx

Reaction score
JerHawk81":29g63o7r said:
Between Smith and Morgan we have viable options, making the draft a luxury rather than a need. Sure that is probably the weak point of our d, but is still not worth moving from bpa.

Toomer did not look good last year. If he develops, fantastic... But I'm not expecting much.

Add me
Name:
LedZepplnOMG
Code: