Percy Harvin Complete 2012 highlights

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Percy Harvin Complete 2012 highlights
Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:14 pm
  • Just saw this. Pretty neat.

kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Re: Percy Harvin Complete 2012 highlights
Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:44 pm
  • Thanks! That was neat.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 pm
  • He's like Golden Tate and Leon Washington put together.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:55 pm
  • I can't wait for to see the offense this year
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:06 am
  • Smoke wrote:I can't wait for to see the offense this year

Well you're gonna hafta.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:13 am
  • That last song was oddly perfect.
    Guardian
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:15 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:He's like Golden Tate and Leon Washington put together.

except he's faster than Leon, and stronger than Tate... :th2thumbs:
    Guardian
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:40 am
  • What I find the most impressive about Harvin is how powerful he is as a runner. If we lined him up at RB he'd probably be at least 75th percentile among NFL RBs for yards after contact per rush. I think that is where Harvin will be most deadly for us next year, when he lines up as a RB. Not only does he have legit ability as a RB, but Seattle was pretty deadly on play action passes to running backs last year, and that was throwing passes to guys like Robinson and Lynch who had 20 yards of green grass ahead of them. Imagine Harvin with that kind of space to work with.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 am
  • The only thing that's really missing is some deep catches.

Thanks a lot, Christian Ponder's noodle arm.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Kip, I think I recall you predicting that Sweezy could eventually become a right tackle, noting his ability to block down field. I sure hope that eventuates because seeing Matt Kalil flying down the field clearing the way for Harvin there was epic.

Can't wait for the season to start!
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

• A few things strike me watching those highlights, the first of which is that the Vikings only really used him on five or six routes, several of them were just reversed on the opposite side of the field. There wasn't much variation in their play calling with him. I trust Bevell to come up with more looks for him. The second thing I noticed is that someone omitted Trufant's best play last season when he stripped the ball from Harvin. Harvin is not prone to turnovers, so it's not a concern for me, just interesting that the person who put that together took out his turnovers. The third thing was his understanding of angles. There are a lot of quick shifty runners out there, but he maximized his yardage with fantastic angles away from potential tacklers.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:What I find the most impressive about Harvin is how powerful he is as a runner. If we lined him up at RB he'd probably be at least 75th percentile among NFL RBs for yards after contact per rush. I think that is where Harvin will be most deadly for us next year, when he lines up as a RB. Not only does he have legit ability as a RB, but Seattle was pretty deadly on play action passes to running backs last year, and that was throwing passes to guys like Robinson and Lynch who had 20 yards of green grass ahead of them. Imagine Harvin with that kind of space to work with.

Yeah, he's way more powerful a runner than I remember him being at Florida. Another thing I love about him is that just when you think he's in top gear, he hits another gear and somehow gets even faster. At the 1:13 mark in the video, the kickoff return against Indy, he takes it up the left side and someone (the kicker maybe?) takes the proper angle to cut him off at the sideline. Percy shows great vision and sees this happening, and bursts into the next stratosphere of speed and NEARLY Houdini's his way through traffic and down the sideline for the touchdown. He can't stay in bounds though and instead it's just a 40 or 50 yard kick return. Still great.

I like the comment that he's Golden and Leon put together. Good one, very true.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• http://youtu.be/3ie9TADkgVE

for those on their phones or tablets.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Thanks for posting this.

I like his style of play where he's almost always cutting straight up the field, going north and south. Normally players who have his speed/quickness will try to
    go east and west, trying to score a touchdown on every play rather than just getting the yards the defense is giving.
    Harvin is always trying to get the tough yards, at least in this highlight video, which is nice to see.
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

• Love it. Its going to be a lot of fun watching him in our offense this year.

First video i've ever seen with a section highlighting an official calling penalties though, that was a bid wierd.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• With Lynch, Tate, and Harvin... We are going to be a really really hard team to tackle
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• The thing I like about his style of play is his nose for the first down marker. He does whatever it takes to get that first down. He is going to make us a very good 3rd down conversion team. Likewise, he takes two to three tacklers to bring him down; that tires a team out over the length of a game. Couple that with Lynch who is a beast to take down, then add in a dose of Wilson running around for whole minutes at a time and the result will be a very tired opposing defense come the fourth quarter. We are going to have some ridiculous fourth quarters in 2013.
    billio155
    NET Rookie

• JSeahawks wrote:First video i've ever seen with a section highlighting an official calling penalties though, that was a bid wierd.

That was the first thing I noticed too. Absolutely groundbreaking stuff. Just went off on a tangent on how many penalties the Colts got flagged for. Absolutely NOTHING to do with Percy Harvin. For some reason, I loved it!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:06 am
  • I think Harvin and Tate on the field together is going to be dynamic. You can use one to decoy the other...take Harvin, motion him away from the play and throw Tate a bubble screen. If it isn't there, your checkdown is Harvin in the opposite flat. Tate is also a very good downfield blocker...how is Harvin ? I rarely see him downfield, so it's hard to tell if he's a willing blocker or not.

I see the Tate + Washington comparisons, although he's more sudden than both of them. Tate and Harvin are very similar players, with Tate actually having better balance (his balance is elite, I've seen very few players with his ability to keep his feet) and being able to highpoint the ball better while Harvin is more explosive and has a higher gear....Harvin probably has better hands too. Going to be fun watching them both.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:40 pm
  • We just won the lottery 12ers!!!!
    OMG!

Tough as nails.
    Quickest player in the NFL.
    Field vision is unrivaled.
    Fearless.

Russell Wilsons QBR will be mind blowing!!!!
    MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:47 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:Kip, I think I recall you predicting that Sweezy could eventually become a right tackle, noting his ability to block down field. I sure hope that eventuates because seeing Matt Kalil flying down the field clearing the way for Harvin there was epic.

Can't wait for the season to start!

I didn't predict it, I just said that he has the tools for it, and might see looks in the preseason. I'm 99% sure Sweezy is our long term RG.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Look what I found! Same guy who made that Harvin video.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:17 pm
  • He was able to play some with Favre, who certainly threw the ball deep to Harvin at times.

This offense was like a machine in the second half of the season. Not only were they able to move the ball in every way possible, but their red-zone efficiency was monstrous. Even in the Rams game, they threw the kitchen sink at Wilson and he was able to eventually move it well in a variety of ways.

They gave that machine a guy who should have a "NOS" sticker on his helmet. It almost isn't even fair. Are you kidding me? Adding PH to THIS offense?

WOW.. Just wow.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:54 pm
  • Holy Crap. That was the first time I have actually watched a PH video in full. Everything I know about him is from two close friends who are Vikings fans and what I see in games.

He looks like a genetically produced player from Lynch, Barry Sanders, Primetime and Jerry Rice. He runs through tackles, he runs around tackles and when he gets a slant, he is just GONE. Then toss in a KR for TD.

The guy was worth the picks and the money. Amazing... He is going to LOVE it here.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information