Non-Seattle Area Seahawks fans. How do you get your game?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • London and I watch on GamePass
    Storts
    NET Rookie

• Brasília, Brazil

I'm brazilian, so...it's very difficult for me watch the TV games. Here, only ESPN has the NFL rights and choose any game to pass.

my friends And I ( seahawks fans too) bought the NFL game pass and watch all the Sea games last season.

Thanks HDMI cab! Hahaha

Now we are planning a trip to Seattle, 2013 season :rocker:
    ---
    Cirmman
    NET Rookie

• c00zie wrote:Parker, CO (Denver suburb)
    Been watching on NFL Sunday Ticket since moving away from Seattle in 1996. I've seen every Hawks game since.

Like Boiler said, there's a good Seahawkers group here in Denver to watch games with. Like him, though, I'm busy with my young kids so I haven't been to the get-togethers lately. In the meantime I've been working on getting my son addicted to Seahawks football! Even took him to his first game this preseason here in Denver when Wilson cemented the starting job.

I'm actually in Parker, heh. Talk about a small world.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Monroeville, PA

It's Sunday Ticket for me. I can only afford it because I get s spectacular employees only deal through my Mom's work, and she may retire soon.

Starting about the mid-90s, I'd go to a sports bar, but only if I knew the game was on. That one, Damon's, had the ability to carry six games at once, so that usually worked out. Later I found out about another bar that carried every game, so I went there frequently but never when the Stillerz were on at the same time.

The Damon's actually had a fellow who's job was just to coordinate game lineups, switch games when needed and run contests. He begged me to come in for the Seahawks/Stillerz game in 2003. I was literally the only Seahawks fan in the place. He felt it necessary to make an announcement to the effect of "Today in the clubhouse we have our resident Seahawks fan, osprey6. He is here at least 8 times a season and never causes trouble. If anyone starts giving him a hard time, you will have to answer to me and Marty [the built-like-a-gorilla, but generally easygoing security guy]".

I cheered loud and long, and if looks could cripple, I would have needed a wheelchair. But I just smiled at them as we pulled out the win. He tried to get me to come back for SuperJoke XL, but there was no way I was going to watch that from a bar.
    "Anybody can be a Seahawks fan in Seattle. Try being one in Pittsburgh!" PROUDLY REPRESENTING SINCE 1976.
    osprey6
    NET Rookie

• Lucky here for us on the other side of the State we get Fox on Dish. Someone mentioned the battle between Dish and Northwest Broadcasting(that's actually who owns the rights to Fox out west, and are the problem) That poster please remember they did the same thing to Direct TV last year just before the Super Bowl.

So its neither cable company as much as its what's called Northwest Broadcasting that is actually a huge conglomerate based in the MIDwest, Chi-Town I believe.

I hope we never move from here out of game area cause I have a personal bias against Direct TV and would not give them a cent even for Seahawks games.

I think the NFL is tiring of the bs with Direct and will soon make their program available in more ways.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Boise, ID
    Sunday ticket.
    richp01
    NET Bench Warmer

• I live in the City where Russell Wilson went to college for 3 years (Raleigh, NC).
    I catch the games at a local Sports bar, as we don't have cable TV @ home.
    Not a lot of Seahawks fans here ... but definitely lots of Russell Wilson fans. (NC State Alumni who root for him).
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• Well, I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada! Good thing is, we subscribe to Fox and CBS Seattle, so I get to see every game! We also flew down to Seattle last year to the game vs.Arizona!
    seahawkfanwpg
    NET Bench Warmer

• I live in Culver City Ca.

2 blocks from me is the home of the SoCal Seahawkers.

I can walk to the Backstage tavern, OR watch at home on Sunday Ticket.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Luckily I'm able to get Seattle CBS and fox through my cable so I don't have to dish out the $36 a moth for rogers "sports pack" to watch something other than the bills
    905Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• This last season and for part of this season i'm in Afghanistan so AFN, but when im stateside i watch online unless the game is on tv
    hburn21
    NET Veteran

• I live in Arlington, TX about 15 minutes from Jerry Jones' Taj Mahal and I rely on Sunday Ticket to watch the Seahawks games. I've been to Cowboys Stadium twice when the Seahawks were in town and its like a library compared to the noise in the Clink. The gigantic video screen is pretty amazing though, although sometimes you have to remind yourself to watch the game on the field rather than on the screen.
    TXHawkFan
    NET Practice Squad

• Live in Ohio

Sunday ticket when I can afford it.

I will be going to see them play in Indianapolis this season and got to see them play in Detroit last season.
    BuckeyeHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• mistaowen wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:Currently

1) Boston
    2) Online means

Where in Boston? I'm moving to Somerville with a few friends hopefully within the next few weeks to work at Boston Children's

Near Kenmore. To be honest I dont know where Somerville is though
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:Currently

1) Boston
    2) Online means

Where in Boston? I'm moving to Somerville with a few friends hopefully within the next few weeks to work at Boston Children's

Near Kenmore. To be honest I dont know where Somerville is though

Dude. Put down the bong and pick up a map. ;)
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• TXHawkFan wrote:I live in Arlington, TX about 15 minutes from Jerry Jones' Taj Mahal and I rely on Sunday Ticket to watch the Seahawks games. I've been to Cowboys Stadium twice when the Seahawks were in town and its like a library compared to the noise in the Clink. The gigantic video screen is pretty amazing though, although sometimes you have to remind yourself to watch the game on the field rather than on the screen.

Great first post and welcome to Seahawks.net

Thanks for the information about the big screen, I had wondered about that. lol

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• I'm in Berkeley, CA. So most of my Seahawks viewing comes via our Sunday Ticket subscription. We usually fly up to Seattle for at least one game.
    rigelian
    NET Starter

• Las Vegas,
    Scooter's Pub is our chapter's hangout for every game for me and my loyal followers, (I am pres of the satellite chapter of the Seahawkers booster club). Tons of fun! We have a full house every game, SRO.

If you're ever in Vegas during a game, come by and see us.

GO HAWKS!
    Seahawkfaninvegas
    NET Rookie

• 1. San Francisco
    2. I pay for the streaming version of Sunday Ticket only and watch it wherever I go. Except for when the games are blacked out on streaming (ie: Seattle @ SF) and then I watch broadcast.
    Danimal
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Portland, OR.

Too cheap to pay for cable at the moment so I bought a $10 HD antenna from Best Buy and watch all the games on Fox, NBC, and CBS in crystal clear high def. For Thursday/Monday night games I will usually go to a friend's place. If I really get in a pinch, there's a nifty streaming website I can always count on.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

• I listen to them on an android app through my phone.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Scotland
    Through Red Zone unless it's a prime time game shown live in which case it's recorded and watched that week unless of course it's one of the two live games shown each week on Sky, then it's watched :)
    HighlandHawk
    NET Rookie

• Coming up on my 4th season in Dallas..

1st. naughty net watching
    2nd. Ticket through the PS3
    3rd back to the net.

was kinda dissapointed with the PS3 service, lag, crappy sound and about 30 seconds delay. Might go back to the ticket next season, but I also cook for Mom every Sunday so that kinda leaves me in a time crunch being two hrs. ahead.

We'll see if the price is still close to 400 bucks next season, kinda hard to pay that when some EU sights put out a product that is just as good as Sony and the NFL.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

• Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania

The BBQ Pit
    - all things chicken
    - $1.25 pints during games (variety of beers)

ALL games except nationally televised games
    - they have my own table and big screen t.v. set up for me each week - waiting for me!! (no lie)

usually see 4 of the biggest Giant fans there each week -and- they're a GREAT group of guys !!
    - their second favorite team is now our Seahawks
    - and we all hate ~ All things Stealers and Eagles.....it's GREAT !!!

To me, it's better than Direct T.V.
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• 15 minutes north of Pittsburgh. I watch with Sunday Ticket.
    Blu_Cypress
    NET Bench Warmer

• Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

CBS and Fox Seattle feeds .. And sometimes TSN, & Sportsnet (Canadian affiliates of ESPN & Fox sports)
    And if I am not in front of a TV for some reason.. Always packing Sirius/XM around

Haven't missed a game in 10 years..

My 3 year old is becoming a die hard seahawks fan as we speak.. Always rocking some sort of seahawks apparel, even during hockey season (when he's pissed at the canucks)

He loves Russell Wilson and golden tate

Go hawks
    I Bleed Blue/Green/White
    Seattle Seahawks/Vancouver Canucks
    Always tuned into Covino & Rich (Sirius XM 104 - 9AM - 1 PM)
    seahawkcanuck
    NET Bench Warmer

• Pueblo, CO

Sunday ticket going on 10 years now.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• 1. France :mrgreen:
    2. We have a channel called "ESPN America" but I can watch our Seahawks only on Thursday/Sunday/Monday night. The other games I watch it online thanks to the Game Pass !

Prime time games are 2am -> 4.30am, really hard to wake up and go to work the next morning with 2 our 3 hours of sleep :1:
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• The Radish wrote:
    TXHawkFan wrote:I live in Arlington, TX about 15 minutes from Jerry Jones' Taj Mahal and I rely on Sunday Ticket to watch the Seahawks games. I've been to Cowboys Stadium twice when the Seahawks were in town and its like a library compared to the noise in the Clink. The gigantic video screen is pretty amazing though, although sometimes you have to remind yourself to watch the game on the field rather than on the screen.

Great first post and welcome to Seahawks.net

Thanks for the information about the big screen, I had wondered about that. lol

Thanks, Radish. I've bern a lurker here for quite awhile and finally signed up.
    TXHawkFan
    NET Practice Squad

• Before I moved back to Seattle. I was living on Guam. Unless the game was on prime time, I had to watch it via illegal streams. Really shitty and choppy quality. Oh and to top it off, any game I did catch, Guam is 18 hours ahead of PST. So having to skip work in the middle of the day on a Monday was always nerve racking.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

• KCHawkGirl wrote:I listen to them on an android app through my phone.

If you don't mind, could you tell me that app and is it Raible and Moon doing the broadcast or the national guys?

Living in SoCal and I would love to hear the Seattle guys broadcast while watching on Sunday Ticket.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• HighlandHawk wrote:Scotland
    Through Red Zone unless it's a prime time game shown live in which case it's recorded and watched that week unless of course it's one of the two live games shown each week on Sky, then it's watched :)

Scotland as well. The weird thing is, the NFL Gamepass streaming service is really cheap (I think I was less than $150 dollars for the year to watch all of the Hawks games), so it sounds easier to follow the Hawks from Europe than from, say, Florida. It is blacked out if we are on the main satellite sports channel live (only Thurs game and Mon game this year, but we were on live 5 times during 2005 season).

I also have the satellite sports channel in the UK, so I will see every game. That channel also carries Redzone and every playoff game live. It's pretty good.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

• Blu_Cypress wrote:15 minutes north of Pittsburgh. I watch with Sunday Ticket.

15 miles north of PISSburgh ??
    ....get your arse out there and represent !! :th2thumbs:

:242735:

lol
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• cdallan wrote: The weird thing is, the NFL Gamepass streaming service is really cheap (I think I was less than $150 dollars for the year to watch all of the Hawks games), so it sounds easier to follow the Hawks from Europe than from, say, Florida. It is blacked out if we are on the main satellite sports channel live (only Thurs game and Mon game this year, but we were on live 5 times during 2005 season).

Weird indeed, on NFL.com you can buy streaming anywhere in the world unless you live in Mexico or US :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• Magnolia, Texas, USA. About 40-miles NW of Houston. Hurricanes tend to die-down a bit before they get to us...

DirecTV for us. I get the lesser NFLST package and will DVR every game even though I watch every moment live.

Sometimes, an automotive issue arises and I'll have to step away to avert peril and come back to it. When that happens, I avoid overhearing final scores, so when I do watch it, I feel like a time-traveler.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• Santa Clarita, Ca.... I fly to 2 games a year, the rest are watched on the 55" LED TV in the Cave wit Sunday Ticket :th2thumbs:
    TONY....HAWK FAN FROM L.A.
    Gunslinger
    NET Practice Squad

• glowingeyedseahawk wrote:
    Blu_Cypress wrote:15 minutes north of Pittsburgh. I watch with Sunday Ticket.

15 miles north of PISSburgh ??
    ....get your arse out there and represent !! :th2thumbs:

:242735:

lol

Ha! Trust me, I do. This past season has been great (and offseason too)....it's been fun watching the natives doom and gloom it up this year while the Hawks have been rising. I don't get the fans here, though. By midseason most everyone had taken down their Steeler flags, banners etc. Maybe it was growing up during the years-that-shall-not-be-mentioned but I just can't imagine that. Maybe it takes having your team almost stolen to appreciate it even during the lean years. I dunno.
    Blu_Cypress
    NET Bench Warmer

• Buffalo NY. Direct TV. NEVER miss a game.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• Battle Ground, Washington

Regular tv for me, I use an antenna that picks up FOX great, CBS not so great.....the CBS signal always cuts out at the most crucial times. I do know of this bar in Longview that always has the games on :D

Oh yeah Tim McCarver is a #$%^&*(
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• Melbourne, Florida

Sunday Ticket subscriber for 12 years, gotta watch my Hawks.

Before that, I was forced to hang out in Sports Bars, and drink beer...like a savage.
    White Devil
    NET Rookie

• Living in Oakland, CA.

I catch the games at McNally's on College Ave in Rockridge. The owner is a Seahawks fan (big neon Seahawk helmet light above the bar) and you'll usually find 10-15 friendlies there each game.

Last season for the 9er game, a visiting Washingtonian went and bought a ton of Skittles and handed them out in little bowls to 9ers fans. Cracked me up.
    BayHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• S. Oregon (around Grants Pass) can't get the ticket because there is a mountain between me and the satellite that starts pretty much in my back yard...

About half the time we get it on local TV, the rest of the time (a lot of Whiners fans here) I watch via the net with the MacBook hooked to the TV.
    BadgerVid
    NET Bench Warmer

• Albany, NY

BAR. Redzone usually since time warner has it and the last few weeks of the season the game was usually on it the whole time since we scored a ton of points.
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Starter

• The true question to fans of other teams living in Seattle... How can you look at yourself in the mirror every morning?
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Veteran

• BayHawk wrote:Living in Oakland, CA.

I catch the games at McNally's on College Ave in Rockridge. The owner is a Seahawks fan (big neon Seahawk helmet light above the bar) and you'll usually find 10-15 friendlies there each game.

Last season for the 9er game, a visiting Washingtonian went and bought a ton of Skittles and handed them out in little bowls to 9ers fans. Cracked me up.

What a great first post. Wish I could have seen the looks on faces.

And welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• FreshlySnipes wrote:The true question to fans of other teams living in Seattle... How can you look at yourself in the mirror every morning?

Ahh my bad. I misread the thread. I actually just moved to San Francisco from Seattle in January but I will go see the games at a local sports bar
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Veteran

• Maidenbower, Sussex, England

NFL Game pass or other internet streaming
    If i could get this bloody signature thing to work it would be a very pretty picture
    SussexSeahawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Akron, OH.

DirecTV Sunday Ticket.
    Hiko
    NET Bench Warmer

• Northern Mexico. Sky sunday ticket. We don't have Directv over here.
    MexHawk
    NET Rookie

• BayHawk wrote:Living in Oakland, CA.

I'll need to check that place out. Brennan's on University in Berkeley is my usual place.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information