Labels the 2013 Seahawks will prove INCORRECT

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Which "conventional wisdom" Seahawk labels do you think will be proven incorrect in 2013? For example, I dont buy that Pete HAS to coach a team which runs at least 50% of the time.

At USC Pete seemingly ran whatever offensive plays maximized the offensive talent available. Those teams threw with Palmer, ran with Bush, and were balanced with Sanchez. No one would ever imagine Belicheck would be a pass-happy coach when he took over the Pats (or even Parcells there), but w/Brady he adapted to better fit the talent he had. I think Pete will adapt his game to match having a top 5 QB. Yeah, I dont see Pete throwing 60 times a game. But, I think a 2008-09 Saints TYPE offense is not out of the question.

Another label I think is false is Baldwin being too slight, fragile, etc. I expect a monster year from him in 2013. Dude works to hard and came on too strong late last season. I think last year was a fluke thing.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• The opinion that Percy Harvin is a ticking timebomb. I think he becomes an integral part of the locker room and really isn't a problem. The guy just wants to win
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:The opinion that Percy Harvin is a ticking timebomb. I think he becomes an integral part of the locker room and really isn't a problem. The guy just wants to win

Agree 100% on that one.

When the Vikes played the Hawks Harvin got mad because AP wasn't getting rushes in the 2nd half - NOT because they decided to throw more. That's not a diva...at least IMO.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• The one I absolutely want to be disproved is "they can only win at home".
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• They have never won a Super Bowl
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

• That we are a read option team.

I hate RW getting lumped in this category with RGIII and Kaepernick. They didn't even notice RW never had a read option carry our playoff game vs ATL.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"
    CHawks4L
    NET Rookie

• pehawk wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:The opinion that Percy Harvin is a ticking timebomb. I think he becomes an integral part of the locker room and really isn't a problem. The guy just wants to win

Agree 100% on that one.

When the Vikes played the Hawks Harvin got mad because AP wasn't getting rushes in the 2nd half - NOT because they decided to throw more. That's not a diva...at least IMO.

It's the same with Lynch, He just hated it in Buffalo but loves it here. During the season we acquired him, I was able to actually talk to Lynch and his family about the trade and they were so relieved to be out of Buffalo and said it is SO much better in Seattle.

He had the one incident with the DUI, but on the field and in the locker room he has been a team player.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• I just now saw kearly's similar post about "anti-seahawks talking points". I honestly didn't see that before creating this thread.

Odd...
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Don't worry pe, we like you better than kearly anyway.

Mods, please lock kearly's thread ;)

I'd love to see Russ disprove the "sophomore slump" myth that he's supposedly about to get hit by. I'd also love it if the Hawks disproved the road woes with a monster season on the road. Sherman having a better year than Revis would be great too, but numero uno for me is disproving the notion that we can't win the big one, obviously.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:I just now saw kearly's similar post about "anti-seahawks talking points". I honestly didn't see that before creating this thread.

Odd...

It's what we call "selective perception", Pe. ;) Confirmation bias works, too.

The biggest barrier we'll break through in the regular season will be the perception that we can't win consistently on the road. I smell 14-2 this year.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I just now saw kearly's similar post about "anti-seahawks talking points". I honestly didn't see that before creating this thread.

Odd...

The biggest barrier we'll break through in the regular season will be the perception that we can't win consistently on the road. I smell 14-2 this year.

Selective Perception my ass. The truth is pe can't read a word of english.

:D
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I just now saw kearly's similar post about "anti-seahawks talking points". I honestly didn't see that before creating this thread.

Odd...

Being able to write English but not read it? Thats a neat trick he does
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• You obviously haven't tried to read any of his posts.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Being able to write English but not read it? Thats a neat trick he does

Talk to text.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I'm am to grammar what Les is to relevance or usefulness.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:I'm am to grammar what Les is to relevance or youthfulness.

fixed.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm am to grammar what Les is to relevance or youthfulness.

fixed.

You forgot to leave "usefulness" in, as well.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• CHawks4L wrote:That we are a read option team.

I hate RW getting lumped in this category with RGIII and Kaepernick. They didn't even notice RW never had a read option carry our playoff game vs ATL.

I like how when Tomlin commented on this, Wilson defended Kaepernick "and other guys like him" as if he doesn't consider himself one of the trendy "read option qb". There is nothing gimmicky about Wilson's game. It is known.

I'm gonna put myself out there and say that Tate will outplay Harvin as a receiver. Watching the 2012 highlights, Tate just had some unbelievable plays the few times he saw the ball and it doesnt show in the stats.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:I'm am to grammar what Les is to relevance or usefulness.

You wish!

Shut up Roland

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Calvin Klein or Polo
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• CHawks4L wrote:That we are a read option team.

Actually, neither Wilson or Kaepernick run the option nearly as much as RGIII or Newton. According to Santo on ESPN, the percentage of read option plays was:

Newton: 14.9%; RGIII: 13%; Wilson: 5.6%; Kaepernick: 4.5%

Although as the season progressed, they had Wilson doing it more. In the last 10 games of the regular season, Wilson's read options plays increased to 11.8% and Kaepernick's to 5.7%. But the bottom line is that neither the Hawks or the 9ers use that play as much as RGIII and Newton.
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information