Was at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum today...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
And in the insect area, I was given a hissing cockroach to hold by one of the on-site experts. He was ostensibly there to inform visitors of interesting facts about the hissing cockroach, but when he saw my Seahawks gear, all he wanted to do was talk to me about Russell Wilson.

He says he met Wilson on a few occasions and that Wilson was doing his Children's Hospital visit thing well before he ever hit the pros. Said he was the real deal and one of the most genuine people you'd ever meet.

I still kinda can't get over how we managed to land a QB like this, much less in the 3rd round.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Heard a similar thing from a girl in the bar i watch my games at here in Berkeley. She went to High School with him. Says everything you see him do and the way he acts in interviews is 100% genuine.

ivotuk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":28ae2nqh said:
Has to be the first thread EVER that features hissing cockroaches.

I need new glasses, was trying to figure out where to get a pissing cockroach :p

brimsalabim

Reaction score
They don't hiss when Russell is in the room... They sing

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
I thought you were going to make the leap from hissing cockroaches to "he who shall go nameless" who bought his name all over the Smithsonian, so he could look like a "Philanthropist" to posterity.

Turned my friggin stomach seeing his name all over there.

OP
OP
volsunghawk

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":29sez5qy said:
I thought you were going to make the leap from hissing cockroaches to "he who shall go nameless" who bought his name all over the Smithsonian, so he could look like a "Philanthropist" to posterity.

Yeah, first time I was there in 2006, I flipped off the building. This time, I was a little more subtle, but I did explain who he was to my 9-year old daughter (who was in her new Wilson jersey), and all she said was, "Wow, that guy sucks! I hate that guy!"

The Radish

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1trw47si said:
ivotuk":1trw47si said:
FlyingGreg":1trw47si said:

I need new glasses, was trying to figure out where to get a pissing cockroach :p

LOL :3:

Seahawks fans......from hissy fits to hissy cockroaches in one paragraph.

:roll:

GoHawks

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2zggzku9 said:

I'm sure a 9er troll will venture into the thread sooner or later . . . :mrgreen:

The Radish

Reaction score
GoHawks":fr85o0ry said:
FlyingGreg":fr85o0ry said:

I'm sure a 9er troll will venture into the thread sooner or later . . . :mrgreen:

For Christ sakes GoHawks who do you think the cockroach is???

:th2thumbs:

Blitzfan

Reaction score
When I first read the OP, I read it as if volsunghawk was having a conversation with the hissing cockroach he was holding. :)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
ChiefHawk":hq7cy3t5 said:

That was my first thought. And yea, the wife was quite surprised at my obscene reaction the first time we came across it. So glad it turned out better for the op!