Kiper and Mort aboard the DangeRuss train

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Kiper and Mort aboard the DangeRuss train
Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:03 am
  • Two "experts" who were skeptical of Hawks drafting and starting Wilson now believe he will be the most successful sophomore QB of the bunch next year.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9107140&categoryid=2378529
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Mel Kiper doesn't get to root for Russell Wilson.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• XxxZagnutxxX wrote:Mel Kiper doesn't get to root for Russell Wilson.

Exactly. He shouldn't even get to look at him. :)
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Mel likes Russell now......... :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039:
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• And somewhere, Jon Gruden is laughing and saying "I told that a$$hat Kiper!"
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• He's a believer now!! :roll:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• It's annoying to see that not only is Kiper a believer, but he looks giddy when talking about Wilson. I don't think I've ever seen that man look giddy about anybody, before. Then again, I try to avoid Kiper...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Look at it this way, I'm glad last year went the way it did enough to make Kiper a believer then for it to have ended in a Kiper "I told you so."
    Matticus
    NET Rookie

• Segment was BS.

Trent Dilfer and Mel Kiper were not sitting around a year ago saying anything positive about Wilson, or knew/expected him to do what he did.

Both of those turds should be working at sporting good stores.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• I thought Mort was the most annoying of the segment. "None of the three will be playing in the SB next year."

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• I'm afraid there are only so many seats on this Train and Kiper doesn't get one! What a schlub!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Blowhards get paid to be blowhards. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Skip Bayless, Mel Kiper, they all pick a side and go with it. It makes good TV, radio and articles. Nobody they trot out there on ESPN or any other network is a real "Expert" because all of the experts are at the VMAC breaking down tape on college talent.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• JesterHawk wrote:Blowhards get paid to be blowhards. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Skip Bayless, Mel Kiper, they all pick a side and go with it. It makes good TV, radio and articles. Nobody they trot out there on ESPN or any other network is a real "Expert" because all of the experts are at the VMAC breaking down tape on college talent.

I've got no problem with this. What I do have a problem with is when they pretend they weren't wrong. It's ok to be wrong. Everybody is, all the time, about various things. Just 'fess up when you're wrong in a big way, for cryin' out loud. Some guys do this in the NFL business, the vast majority do not.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

Didn't Kiper say Wilson's ceiling was being a backup? Someone did, I know for sure; thought it was Kiper, but can't remember for certain.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Kiper has always been a favorite of mine. I always know who not to model my mock drafts off of.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• I didn't feel like Kiper was over the top last year. At worst, he stated kind of the obvious. Guys sub 6' in the third round or later have no track record of success. Really regardless of size, getting drafted that late or later is extremely difficult to project them being a starter, much less a franchise QB.

I did however love hearing Gruden's passionate diatribe on Kiper's lack of faith in Wilson. Honestly, I saw it as the difference between a guy who looks at the draft like a cattle call -- a football outsider with no regard to developing a player, and a coach who appreciates the non 'on tape' quality of a prospect and a guy who has intimate knowledge of the realities of turning prospects into players. It was a perfect illustration of the difference in depth that both men bring to the discussion.

Kiper really only has a superficial understanding of prospects and a shallow, but broad understanding of key elements of the draft process. Overall, I think he hits more than he misses and hits more than most amateurs do. But he falls into the classic trap of thinking he knows more than he does. He doesn't understand or recognize the process of turning those guys into pros and he doesn't have the ability to see how guys fit into a team's schemes.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Rat wrote:I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

Didn't Kiper say Wilson's ceiling was being a backup? Someone did, I know for sure; thought it was Kiper, but can't remember for certain.

I think it was Bill Polian but I'm not absolutely sure. That guy's another mediot that's no better than the rest.
    I'll listen to the opinions/analysis of Jaworski and Gruden right now and all the rest can buzz off.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Gruden should spartan kick Kiper off the wagon.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Smell Diaper gets ZERO chance to pull for RW. Screw him and all the other haters.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• PlinytheCenter wrote:
    XxxZagnutxxX wrote:Mel Kiper doesn't get to root for Russell Wilson.

Exactly. He shouldn't even get to look at him. :)

Sorry to break it to so many that he's not going to be like cboom and just disappear.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Rat wrote:I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

I think it was Bill Polian but I'm not absolutely sure. That guy's another mediot that's no better than the rest.
    I'll listen to the opinions/analysis of Jaworski and Gruden right now and all the rest can buzz off.

Polian said Wilson would be a backup at best, but he also said the 3rd round was good value for him and said the Hawks didn't reach at all for him there.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Rat wrote:I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

Why? Last years draft alone "Irvin way over reach, Wagner, this pick baffles me Seattle baffles me, Wilson, he is too short to play in the league." Aaron Curry, "The safest pick in this draft." He also had Clausen as a mid first rounder. Nuff said. He's a big dumb dummy. Its also been noted that he takes payoffs from agents to hype players.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• If I recall, Polian said he could come in and be a backup in this league, which is a valuable commodity and in his opinion a worthwhile use of the pick.

I don't recall if he said anything about his ceiling.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:If I recall, Polian said he could come in and be a backup in this league, which is a valuable commodity and in his opinion a worthwhile use of the pick.

I don't recall if he said anything about his ceiling.

Yes but he started and went 11-5 so screw him.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I've got no problem with the segment. Some of you see so much red when you watch Kiper that you probably blocked it out when he came out and said how wrong he was about Wilson. At least he was man enough to admit it. That tool Dilfer loves himself too much to fess up.

What I'd really like that to do is make Hines Ward answer up, but it's a bit premature I suppose. I don't know if anyone saw it, but they had him on NFL network and when they asked about the rookie QBs and how they compare, he said 'when it's all said and done' Luck and RG3 'will have much better NFL careers' than Russell Wilson. That dude is a self-absorbed d*ck. At the end of Russells, all-pro, Super Bowl-winning, HOF caliber career, I think Ward should have to stand about 15 yards in front of RW and get drilled in the nutz with a football. Russell probably wouldn't stoop to that, so a Juggs machine or Jamarcus Russell would do the trick.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:

It was the "expert" coach that Kiper called in that day Gruden was ripping him.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• HawKnPeppa wrote:I've got no problem with the segment. Some of you see so much red when you watch Kiper that you probably blocked it out when he came out and said how wrong he was about Wilson. At least he was man enough to admit it. That tool Dilfer loves himself too much to fess up.

What I'd really like that to do is make Hines Ward answer up, but it's a bit premature I suppose. I don't know if anyone saw it, but they had him on NFL network and when they asked about the rookie QBs and how they compare, he said 'when it's all said and done' Luck and RG3 'will have much better NFL careers' than Russell Wilson. That dude is a self-absorbed d*ck. At the end of Russells, all-pro, Super Bowl-winning, HOF caliber career, I think Ward should have to stand about 15 yards in front of RW and get drilled in the nutz with a football. Russell probably wouldn't stoop to that, so a Juggs machine or Jamarcus Russell would do the trick.

It's not about him manning up and admitting he was wrong. It was his complete douchbaggery that came out when we mades the picks. I swear he was having a stroke every time we picked. After 3 years of JS/PC picking in the draft, let's see if he sees things in a new perspective this year. I'd put my money on Not.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• Hehe they don't really have a choice without looking like bigger fools. But hey. Who knows.

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information