Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Personally, I don't think the choke artist stuff in regard to Romo is blown enough. He doesn't just choke away playoff games. He's played horribly in almost every prime time game he's ever been involved in. This guy doesn't do well when the spotlight is bright. Look at their record the last three seasons: 8-8, 8-8, 6-10. We've had QBs who could have taken us to those records with the same surrounding talent in Dallas.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: WA
Carmon1274 wrote:
Your Logic don't make sense. Then DHB whould have produced same yards as Wallace.

I think you should watch Wallace's last season highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KFfTKLc36E


Am I the only one who got bored watching this?

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
DavidSeven wrote:
Personally, I don't think the choke artist stuff in regard to Romo is blown enough. He doesn't just choke away playoff games. He's played horribly in almost every prime time game he's ever been involved in. This guy doesn't do well when the spotlight is bright. Look at their record the last three seasons: 8-8, 8-8, 6-10. We've had QBs who could have taken us to those records with the same surrounding talent in Dallas.


Yeah, but he was stuck with Bryant, Witten, Austin and Murray. Hard to win games with guys like that. ;) In fairness to Romo, he has a crap line, but that does not excuse his deer in the headlights look every time a play has to be made. Perhaps one of the most over-rated QBs of this era and I am now convinced he has pictures of Jerry Jones wearing a little bo peep outfit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm
Posts: 138
HawkFan72 wrote:
Probably just Schneider doing his regular "leave no stone unturned" gig, but still interesting to hear that we contacted the Wallace camp at some point. This is just the first confirmation that I have seen that says the Hawks were even looking in his direction at any point. And that we were only one of a handful of teams to do so. Once we saw just how much money was being talked about was probably the cue to stop pursuing him.

Quote:
Mike Wallace Jr. claims his son actually turned down more money from the Minnesota Vikings. The St. Louis Rams and Seattle Seahawks were among the teams that also showed interest, according to Wallace's dad.


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000155184/article/vikings-offered-mike-wallace-richer-contract-dad-says


John Schneider specifically said they "Were not involved with any of the Free Agent WR's"

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9953606&p=1034&n=John%20Clayton%20Show (27 minute mark)

- I smell BS here. Either Schneider is lying or Wallace's dad is trying to compensate for his son for some reason?

I think it's safer to bet that Schneider was the more truthful. Both Pete and John have been very honest about things in past interviews. They have told us exactly what they were going to do and have gone out and done it for a few off-seasons now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
"Dads" should just shy away from the media, IMO. I too trust JS over some malcontents daddy. What else has he told his dad? That Paul Allen offered him a share of the Trailblazers? That he is secretly working for the CIA and once smothered Beyonce' in mayonnaise?

All of this has to be taken with a grain of salt. The good news is we got Harvin and NOT Wallace. Wallace Sr. only needs to know he will have nice seats, a Rolex and a T-shirt featuring a mammal jumping through a hula hoop.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 pm 
* Handsome *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 2855
Location: Tri Cities, WA
The old guy from 60 minutes?

_________________
"it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:52 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7222
Location: Eastern Washington
DJrmb wrote:
HawkFan72 wrote:
Probably just Schneider doing his regular "leave no stone unturned" gig, but still interesting to hear that we contacted the Wallace camp at some point. This is just the first confirmation that I have seen that says the Hawks were even looking in his direction at any point. And that we were only one of a handful of teams to do so. Once we saw just how much money was being talked about was probably the cue to stop pursuing him.

Quote:
Mike Wallace Jr. claims his son actually turned down more money from the Minnesota Vikings. The St. Louis Rams and Seattle Seahawks were among the teams that also showed interest, according to Wallace's dad.


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000155184/article/vikings-offered-mike-wallace-richer-contract-dad-says


John Schneider specifically said they "Were not involved with any of the Free Agent WR's"

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9953606&p=1034&n=John%20Clayton%20Show (27 minute mark)

- I smell BS here. Either Schneider is lying or Wallace's dad is trying to compensate for his son for some reason?

I think it's safer to bet that Schneider was the more truthful. Both Pete and John have been very honest about things in past interviews. They have told us exactly what they were going to do and have gone out and done it for a few off-seasons now.


"Showed interest" is not the same thing as "was involved with." It's possible the Seahawks phoned the Wallace camp just long enough to find out what the starting numbers really were -- which Wallace's dad could fairly interpret as "interest", but wouldn't qualify as "involvement" to JS. I don't assume either side was lying in this situation.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2261
Rat wrote:
The Romo choke stuff is WAY overblown. He has been pretty studly for most of the past few years.


Peyton Manning is a choke artist too.
Romo is no better/worse than Matt Ryan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:41 pm 
* NET Cynic *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: St. Louis, MO
themunn wrote:
Rat wrote:
The Romo choke stuff is WAY overblown. He has been pretty studly for most of the past few years.


Peyton Manning is a choke artist too.
Romo is no better/worse than Matt Ryan

Romo is way better than Matt Ryan. If we hadn't lucked out in the draft last year, and the Cowboys had let him go, I'd be thrilled to get Romo for what the Cowboys got him for.


Last edited by Rat on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:52 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 145
Hawk Strap wrote:
The old guy from 60 minutes?


Now THAT was funny!! :icon_new:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Puyallup, WA USA
Rat wrote:

Romo is way better than Matt Ryan. If we hadn't lucked out in the draft last year, and the Cowboys had let him go, I'd be thrilled to get Romo for what the Cowboys got him for.



Me thinks that your proximity to Texas must be affecting your mind! :roll:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:07 pm 
US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 1453
Location: Smokey Point
Romo will continually get your team into draft position #17.
It is not whether he has blown big games, it is that his w/l record in big games is about 1-16.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:50 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Posts: 128
Location: The Wall
If we had a Mike Wallace paired with Percy Harvin, I would probably say in 2013 the Seahawks will field a record-breaking offense, for sure.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atradees, dbmack, Floridahawk79, Google [Bot], grizbob, Guardian, hawknation2014, jasehawk, Largefarva, LymonHawk, MrCarey, NCHawkFan, scutterhawk, thecycle, themunn, Top, UK_Seahawk, Yahoo [Bot] and 68 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.