Seahawks were interested in Mike Wallace

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Personally, I don't think the choke artist stuff in regard to Romo is blown enough. He doesn't just choke away playoff games. He's played horribly in almost every prime time game he's ever been involved in. This guy doesn't do well when the spotlight is bright. Look at their record the last three seasons: 8-8, 8-8, 6-10. We've had QBs who could have taken us to those records with the same surrounding talent in Dallas.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Carmon1274 wrote:Your Logic don't make sense. Then DHB whould have produced same yards as Wallace.

I think you should watch Wallace's last season highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KFfTKLc36E

Am I the only one who got bored watching this?
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:Personally, I don't think the choke artist stuff in regard to Romo is blown enough. He doesn't just choke away playoff games. He's played horribly in almost every prime time game he's ever been involved in. This guy doesn't do well when the spotlight is bright. Look at their record the last three seasons: 8-8, 8-8, 6-10. We've had QBs who could have taken us to those records with the same surrounding talent in Dallas.

Yeah, but he was stuck with Bryant, Witten, Austin and Murray. Hard to win games with guys like that. ;) In fairness to Romo, he has a crap line, but that does not excuse his deer in the headlights look every time a play has to be made. Perhaps one of the most over-rated QBs of this era and I am now convinced he has pictures of Jerry Jones wearing a little bo peep outfit.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:Probably just Schneider doing his regular "leave no stone unturned" gig, but still interesting to hear that we contacted the Wallace camp at some point. This is just the first confirmation that I have seen that says the Hawks were even looking in his direction at any point. And that we were only one of a handful of teams to do so. Once we saw just how much money was being talked about was probably the cue to stop pursuing him.

Mike Wallace Jr. claims his son actually turned down more money from the Minnesota Vikings. The St. Louis Rams and Seattle Seahawks were among the teams that also showed interest, according to Wallace's dad.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000155184/article/vikings-offered-mike-wallace-richer-contract-dad-says

John Schneider specifically said they "Were not involved with any of the Free Agent WR's"

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9953606&p=1034&n=John%20Clayton%20Show (27 minute mark)

- I smell BS here. Either Schneider is lying or Wallace's dad is trying to compensate for his son for some reason?

I think it's safer to bet that Schneider was the more truthful. Both Pete and John have been very honest about things in past interviews. They have told us exactly what they were going to do and have gone out and done it for a few off-seasons now.
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

• "Dads" should just shy away from the media, IMO. I too trust JS over some malcontents daddy. What else has he told his dad? That Paul Allen offered him a share of the Trailblazers? That he is secretly working for the CIA and once smothered Beyonce' in mayonnaise?

All of this has to be taken with a grain of salt. The good news is we got Harvin and NOT Wallace. Wallace Sr. only needs to know he will have nice seats, a Rolex and a T-shirt featuring a mammal jumping through a hula hoop.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• The old guy from 60 minutes?
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• DJrmb wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:Probably just Schneider doing his regular "leave no stone unturned" gig, but still interesting to hear that we contacted the Wallace camp at some point. This is just the first confirmation that I have seen that says the Hawks were even looking in his direction at any point. And that we were only one of a handful of teams to do so. Once we saw just how much money was being talked about was probably the cue to stop pursuing him.

Mike Wallace Jr. claims his son actually turned down more money from the Minnesota Vikings. The St. Louis Rams and Seattle Seahawks were among the teams that also showed interest, according to Wallace's dad.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000155184/article/vikings-offered-mike-wallace-richer-contract-dad-says

John Schneider specifically said they "Were not involved with any of the Free Agent WR's"

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9953606&p=1034&n=John%20Clayton%20Show (27 minute mark)

- I smell BS here. Either Schneider is lying or Wallace's dad is trying to compensate for his son for some reason?

I think it's safer to bet that Schneider was the more truthful. Both Pete and John have been very honest about things in past interviews. They have told us exactly what they were going to do and have gone out and done it for a few off-seasons now.

"Showed interest" is not the same thing as "was involved with." It's possible the Seahawks phoned the Wallace camp just long enough to find out what the starting numbers really were -- which Wallace's dad could fairly interpret as "interest", but wouldn't qualify as "involvement" to JS. I don't assume either side was lying in this situation.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Rat wrote:The Romo choke stuff is WAY overblown. He has been pretty studly for most of the past few years.

Peyton Manning is a choke artist too.
    Romo is no better/worse than Matt Ryan
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:
    Rat wrote:The Romo choke stuff is WAY overblown. He has been pretty studly for most of the past few years.

Peyton Manning is a choke artist too.
    Romo is no better/worse than Matt Ryan

Romo is way better than Matt Ryan. If we hadn't lucked out in the draft last year, and the Cowboys had let him go, I'd be thrilled to get Romo for what the Cowboys got him for.
    Last edited by Rat on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Hawk Strap wrote:The old guy from 60 minutes?

Now THAT was funny!! :icon_new:
    Beeker
    NET Rookie

• Rat wrote:
    Romo is way better than Matt Ryan. If we hadn't lucked out in the draft last year, and the Cowboys had let him go, I'd be thrilled to get Romo for what the Cowboys got him for.

Me thinks that your proximity to Texas must be affecting your mind! :roll:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Romo will continually get your team into draft position #17.
    It is not whether he has blown big games, it is that his w/l record in big games is about 1-16.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• If we had a Mike Wallace paired with Percy Harvin, I would probably say in 2013 the Seahawks will field a record-breaking offense, for sure.
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information