Kiper and Mort aboard the DangeRuss train

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:
    XxxZagnutxxX wrote:Mel Kiper doesn't get to root for Russell Wilson.

Exactly. He shouldn't even get to look at him. :)

Sorry to break it to so many that he's not going to be like cboom and just disappear.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Rat wrote:I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

Didn't Kiper say Wilson's ceiling was being a backup? Someone did, I know for sure; thought it was Kiper, but can't remember for certain.

I think it was Bill Polian but I'm not absolutely sure. That guy's another mediot that's no better than the rest.
    I'll listen to the opinions/analysis of Jaworski and Gruden right now and all the rest can buzz off.

Polian said Wilson would be a backup at best, but he also said the 3rd round was good value for him and said the Hawks didn't reach at all for him there.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Rat wrote:I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

Why? Last years draft alone "Irvin way over reach, Wagner, this pick baffles me Seattle baffles me, Wilson, he is too short to play in the league." Aaron Curry, "The safest pick in this draft." He also had Clausen as a mid first rounder. Nuff said. He's a big dumb dummy. Its also been noted that he takes payoffs from agents to hype players.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• If I recall, Polian said he could come in and be a backup in this league, which is a valuable commodity and in his opinion a worthwhile use of the pick.

I don't recall if he said anything about his ceiling.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:If I recall, Polian said he could come in and be a backup in this league, which is a valuable commodity and in his opinion a worthwhile use of the pick.

I don't recall if he said anything about his ceiling.

Yes but he started and went 11-5 so screw him.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I've got no problem with the segment. Some of you see so much red when you watch Kiper that you probably blocked it out when he came out and said how wrong he was about Wilson. At least he was man enough to admit it. That tool Dilfer loves himself too much to fess up.

What I'd really like that to do is make Hines Ward answer up, but it's a bit premature I suppose. I don't know if anyone saw it, but they had him on NFL network and when they asked about the rookie QBs and how they compare, he said 'when it's all said and done' Luck and RG3 'will have much better NFL careers' than Russell Wilson. That dude is a self-absorbed d*ck. At the end of Russells, all-pro, Super Bowl-winning, HOF caliber career, I think Ward should have to stand about 15 yards in front of RW and get drilled in the nutz with a football. Russell probably wouldn't stoop to that, so a Juggs machine or Jamarcus Russell would do the trick.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Rat wrote:I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

Didn't Kiper say Wilson's ceiling was being a backup? Someone did, I know for sure; thought it was Kiper, but can't remember for certain.

It was the "expert" coach that Kiper called in that day Gruden was ripping him.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• HawKnPeppa wrote:I've got no problem with the segment. Some of you see so much red when you watch Kiper that you probably blocked it out when he came out and said how wrong he was about Wilson. At least he was man enough to admit it. That tool Dilfer loves himself too much to fess up.

What I'd really like that to do is make Hines Ward answer up, but it's a bit premature I suppose. I don't know if anyone saw it, but they had him on NFL network and when they asked about the rookie QBs and how they compare, he said 'when it's all said and done' Luck and RG3 'will have much better NFL careers' than Russell Wilson. That dude is a self-absorbed d*ck. At the end of Russells, all-pro, Super Bowl-winning, HOF caliber career, I think Ward should have to stand about 15 yards in front of RW and get drilled in the nutz with a football. Russell probably wouldn't stoop to that, so a Juggs machine or Jamarcus Russell would do the trick.

It's not about him manning up and admitting he was wrong. It was his complete douchbaggery that came out when we mades the picks. I swear he was having a stroke every time we picked. After 3 years of JS/PC picking in the draft, let's see if he sees things in a new perspective this year. I'd put my money on Not.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• Hehe they don't really have a choice without looking like bigger fools. But hey. Who knows.

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information