Alan Branch fires his agent

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Alan Branch fires his agent
Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: Alan Branch fires his agent
Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:32 pm
  • Don’t be surprised if Branch signs with the Jaguars, where former Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is the new head coach.

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:35 pm
  • Has Gus vultured a single player from us yet? I hope Branch isn't the first. He can have Trufant. Or even better, he can have Hauschka, and we'll take Josh Scobee.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:01 pm
  • I'm not worried about the Jags poaching players this year, but am curious to see what happens in thde next 2 years as many of our core player's rookie contracts expire.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm
  • When we destroy the Jags at home this year, our players will get to see what they maybe going to.
    "We have to focus with every challenge we get. The bigger, the better. The more hyped, the better. We keep doing what we're doing. Tough matchups on the road, high-profile games - we want that, we feed off that, we should be able to develop the discipline to deal with that." Pete Carroll
    Hawkfish
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:39 pm
  • Hawkfish wrote:When we destroy the Jags at home this year, our players will get to see what they maybe going to.

RW3 will chew up Gus' soft zone/prevent.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 pm
  • CAA has been losing lots of players last year, and lost double digits last year. One Cincy Bengal even called them out on Twitter as wanting them to call him.

The rumor is that they take a ton of time with their top clients and the mid and low level guys languish.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 pm
  • The market just hasn't been kind to most DTs this year. Branch's best bet is to take a one year deal and do all he can to up his stock. Ideally with us.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm
  • I don't know if many teams find him as a great fit in their d-line. Especially not enough to pay him more than we would be willing to pay to keep him around. I doubt he'll sign with anyone else.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:07 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Hawkfish wrote:When we destroy the Jags at home this year, our players will get to see what they maybe going to.

RW3 will chew up Gus' soft zone/prevent.

He only really went into that when the Hawks had a lead. Are you saying the Jags will be beating us?
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm
  • Not surprised. He's one of the top 10 free agents available left and I haven't heard about him making any visits to any teams.
    Stoned Cold
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:27 am
  • I don't really think he's that important to resign. He been a decent player, but hasn't been great. Mebane's been much more important to this team. Since coming to Seattle (2011, 2012) he has a "WHOPPING" 63 tackles and 4 sack, 4 -PD, 0-FF. So he's giving us 31 tackles, 2 sacks and 2- Pass Defense a year. That's not exactly great production.
    Also factor in that his first year here was more productive than last year:
    29-tackles, 1- sack, 2- PD.

And by most of your own admission the run defense wasn't good the 2nd half of the year. So if the guy offers no pass rush and the run defense wasn't great (which is his specialty) than how valuable is he really? I think people on here overvalue Branch.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 am
  • jlwaters1 wrote:I don't really think he's that important to resign. He been a decent player, but hasn't been great. Mebane's been much more important to this team. Since coming to Seattle (2011, 2012) he has a "WHOPPING" 63 tackles and 4 sack, 4 -PD, 0-FF. So he's giving us 31 tackles, 2 sacks and 2- Pass Defense a year. That's not exactly great production.
    Also factor in that his first year here was more productive than last year:
    29-tackles, 1- sack, 2- PD.

And by most of your own admission the run defense wasn't good the 2nd half of the year. So if the guy offers no pass rush and the run defense wasn't great (which is his specialty) than how valuable is he really? I think people on here overvalue Branch.

I don't over value Branch. I also don't want an important two down spot filled by a rookie DT. Rock/hard place.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:08 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:I don't over value Branch. I also don't want an important two down spot filled by a rookie DT. Rock/hard place.

This.

If a rookie comes and beats out Branch, awesome. But I want some insurance, plus Branch can back up Mebane also and he's most likely going to be cheap-ish.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information