Found out why Russell wears #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Watching Northwest Sports tonight, they interviewed Russell and asked why he decided on the #3 and it reminded me that we had a thread a couple weeks ago where everyone debated on why he wore #3. He decided on it because he has a very faith oriented and his favorite passage is John 3:16. And as many know he wore 16 in college at NCST and Wisc so thus 3 & 16. So there ya go, for those that wanted the real reason why Russell is #3 its because it, combined with his #16 from college, correlate to his favorite Bible verse.

Also, he has 3 dogs to boot. A doxin, a shih tzu and a great dane (which is probably bigger than him :th2thumbs: )

Axx

Reaction score
can't wait until this turns into a Religion Vs Atheist thread.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
i typically am pretty bummed on overly religious players but russell approaches it with a lot of class, nothing too pushy or preachy. though i must say that im probably totally biased as i am pretty much completely obsessed with him at this point. might feel differently about him if he wasnt our QB. that being said.... GO HAWKS!

kearly

Reaction score
Tim Tebow is crushed that he didn't come up with this idea.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Another reason is because Kris Durham had #16 at the time.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2bacpsl4 said:
Also, he has 3 dogs to boot. A doxin, a shih tzu and a great dane (which is probably bigger than him :th2thumbs: )
I find it perplexing that you spell shih tzu correctly but absolutely butcher dachshund.

Hell, you could have opted out of the spelling bee contest and simply called it a wiener dog.

A doxin... that's too much. :rofl: Thanks for the laugh.

LargentFan

Reaction score
That reminds me of a note I got on a workorder for an install with Directv. The note said "rokwiler doger." I can only assume it meant "Rottweiler dog owner," but it made me laugh. I wonder what a cross between a rokwiler and a doxin would be called...
Side note...whatever you call it, the act of creating it was the rokwiler's idea...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3fus2gyh said:
onanygivensunday":3fus2gyh said:
Blitzer88":3fus2gyh said:
I find it perplexing that you spell shih tzu correctly but absolutely butcher dachshund.

Hell, you could have opted out of the spelling bee contest and simply called it a wiener dog.

Gotta say, this is a pretty douchey post right here.
Care to elaborate?

Subzero717

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1c0dsd9o said:
peachesenregalia":1c0dsd9o said:
onanygivensunday":1c0dsd9o said:
Blitzer88 said:

Gotta say, this is a pretty douchey post right here.
Care to elaborate?

I will. Writing an entire post to make fun of someone else's spelling and not making a single mention to the Op. That's douchey.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Not the first Seahawks qb to tout a bible verse:

zorn_sig.jpg

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":j3ov477h said:
I will. Writing an entire post to make fun of someone else's spelling and not making a single mention to the Op. That's douchey.
Don't get you panties in a wad, Francis.

I was sincere when I said "Thanks for the laugh."

In other words, I found it cute.

Re-read my post with that in mind.

Perhaps that will relieve some of the tension.

Subzero717

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":12q6qf6w said:
CALIHAWK1":12q6qf6w said:
Don't get you panties in a wad, Francis.

I was sincere when I said "Thanks for the laugh."

In other words, I found it cute.

Re-read my post with that in mind.

Perhaps that will relieve some of the tension.

No tension here. You asked why someone would call/think your post was douchey. I just explained why.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3bv0calr said:
No tension here. You asked why someone would call/think your post was douchey. I just explained why.

Fwiw, my question wasn't directed at you ... and we obviously have different standards.

No bigee.

A

Anonymous

LargentFan":1yvdv1ob said:
That reminds me of a note I got on a workorder for an install with Directv. The note said "rokwiler doger." I can only assume it meant "Rottweiler dog owner," but it made me laugh. I wonder what a cross between a rokwiler and a doxin would be called...
Side note...whatever you call it, the act of creating it was the rokwiler's idea...

A Rotten-weiner?

A

Anonymous

m0ng0":3qzuzz0d said:
I thought it was because he was drafted in the 3rd round hmm :?

No, it's because Russ is a triple-threat:

1.) He runs like the wind
2.) He passes like a surgeon
3.) He blocks downfield fearlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.