Jags, Bills, and Raiders interested in Flynn

SE174

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... att-flynn/

The market for Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Flynn could finally be heating up after remaining lukewarm so far this offseason.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, the Jacksonville Jaguars are the most likely destination for the Seahawks backup quarterback to end up if he’s traded this offseason. The Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills are also expressing interest.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If we could send Flynn to jacksonville and flip 2nd round picks with them that would be ideal.

Having first pick in the 2nd round is either a great way to get somebody who slipped out of the first round, or maybe even better is a nice trade chip. All those teams who didnt fill all their needs in the first round have a night to think about who's left over and try to move up and get their guy. We could probably turn that in to 3 or 4 more picks if we were so inclined.

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2yuk2v53 said:
In light of the new information here, and to prevent another dozen threads from popping up on this subject, let's continue this Flynn discussion here.

Yeah, my bad, I didn't read through the Raiders/Flynn thread first. :oops:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JSeahawks":2fekpdb6 said:
If we could send Flynn to jacksonville and flip 2nd round picks with them that would be ideal.

Having first pick in the 2nd round is either a great way to get somebody who slipped out of the first round, or maybe even better is a nice trade chip. All those teams who didnt fill all their needs in the first round have a night to think about who's left over and try to move up and get their guy. We could probably turn that in to 3 or 4 more picks if we were so inclined.

That's so my thinking, all of it. And I'd be euphoric if that happened in any combination. Getting in the position of taking the first pick of the second round would be awesome, and the power of trade to move it for even more loot would be fantastic.

Of course, it's all conjecture right now, but PC/JS, if you're reading this, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":nvqh90la said:
JSeahawks":nvqh90la said:

That's so my thinking, all of it. And I'd be euphoric if that happened in any combination. Getting in the position of taking the first pick of the second round would be awesome, and the power of trade to move it for even more loot would be fantastic.

Of course, it's all conjecture right now, but PC/JS, if you're reading this, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I'd be good with that, but I don't see any point in trading away the 33rd for more picks. Either grab an impact player, or trade it for a 2014 1st... of a team that will likely finish 6-10 or worse.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I rarely make crazy outlandish predictions but I'm going to stand by my post I made awhile back.

Schneider is going to surprise the hell out of us and somehow squeeze a 1st rounder out of one of those teams on draft day.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
SE174":74kdl39v said:
Seahawk Sailor":74kdl39v said:
JSeahawks":74kdl39v said:

I'd be good with that, but I don't see any point in trading away the 33rd for more picks. Either grab an impact player, or trade it for a 2014 1st... of a team that will likely finish 6-10 or worse.

If we traded that pick away, assuming we traded for it in the first place, the best case scenario I see is trading it for future years' picks. We're oh-so-close right now, and while arguably a couple of rookies could make a difference (a la last year), it's easy enough to argue they wouldn't. Next year, when we're trying to either repeat or improve on this year's season, it would be very nice to have some extra ammo in the hatch for the draft. And because putting those draft picks off a year, they're a lot cheaper, and we really end up with more bang for the same buck.

Rat

Reaction score
bellingerga":1j46lqdv said:
I rarely make crazy outlandish predictions but I'm going to stand by my post I made awhile back.

Schneider is going to surprise the hell out of us and somehow squeeze a 1st rounder out of one of those teams on draft day.
All three of those teams pick in the top 8. "Crazy" and "Outlandish" are understatements about a prediction like that.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Rat":26zgq3ic said:
bellingerga":26zgq3ic said:

All three of those teams pick in the top 8. "Crazy" and "Outlandish" are understatements about a prediction like that.

all 3 of them have terrible management, and are desperate. Hey I don't think it'll happen either, but Schneider is a wizard, and I can hope.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
bellingerga":1rw5k0tf said:
Rat":1rw5k0tf said:
bellingerga":1rw5k0tf said:

all 3 of them have terrible management, and are desperate. Hey I don't think it'll happen either, but Schneider is a wizard, and I can hope.

lol.... we would be very lucky to get a 4th. As far as im concerned your speaking Arabic right now

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Rat":2csm1gv4 said:
bellingerga":2csm1gv4 said:

Throw Flynn and a pick in the mix and it's not really that crazy. What's the difference between our second rounder and their first? Is Flynn worth that, especially to a team in dire need of a quarterback?

Seaswab

Reaction score
Shouldnt we atleast get for Flynn what we had to give up for Whitehurst for crying out loud?

Rat

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":b9399mqf said:
Throw Flynn and a pick in the mix and it's not really that crazy. What's the difference between our second rounder and their first? Is Flynn worth that, especially to a team in dire need of a quarterback?
The 25th pick of the 2nd round compared to their top 8 pick. That's a HUGE difference.

Rat

Reaction score
Seaswab":2emccpku said:
Shouldnt we atleast get for Flynn what we had to give up for Whitehurst for crying out loud?
My avatar aside (to this day, I still think it was a worthy gamble), that trade isn't going to be used as a barometer by other teams for what they should do.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Rat":7ymcvokg said:
Seahawk Sailor":7ymcvokg said:
The 25th pick of the 2nd round compared to their top 8 pick. That's a HUGE difference.

That would mean Flynn is mid-first rounder value. Throw in a lil' sumtin' sumtin' to drop him to about the second round and it might not be too hard to imagine.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3qr1q9sd said:

Atlanta traded two firsts, a second and a fourth to move up from 25th to sixth in the 2011 draft.

Latest posts