how many portland based seahawks fans are out there?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I met more Seahawks fans in San Diego in 2 days than I've met in Portland in 10 years. That might be an exaggeration and probably skewed by likelihood due to proximity but it sure felt that way.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Btw I've recently heard that Nepo 42 in NE Portland is a Seahawks bar. If we do any get togethers next year (aka if you guys stop being lame) we might want to check out that spot. Good wings too, from what I've heard.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I'm from Western Washington but will be moving to Portland this summer for work. Would be down for a get together.

As far as fans down their, last summer I didn't seem to notice many people waving the 12th man flag.
    Loud and Proud - THEE 12th Man
    WSUhawk4life
    NET Practice Squad

• WSUhawk4life wrote:I'm from Western Washington but will be moving to Portland this summer for work. Would be down for a get together.

As far as fans down their, last summer I didn't seem to notice many people waving the 12th man flag.

There's really not that many football fans down here. Lots of Ducks fans but they're usually not really actual football fans. I definitely saw more Hawks gear this past season than ever before, though not by a lot.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I live in camas, close enough to Portland to realize they don't care too much for the greatest league in the world!
    gohawks12
    NET Practice Squad

• From Portland, but moved to Seattle a few years ago. The Seahawks fans in Portland are not very vocal. Portland suffers from little brother syndrome and there is a lot of backlash I have seen to anything Seattle amongst die hard fans. You will probably find more 49er fans there than Seahawks fans.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad

• Zybot wrote:From Portland, but moved to Seattle a few years ago. The Seahawks fans in Portland are not very vocal. Portland suffers from little brother syndrome and there is a lot of backlash I have seen to anything Seattle amongst die hard fans. You will probably find more 49er fans there than Seahawks fans.

what this man sayeth be the truth indeed.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• "There's really not that many football fans down here. Lots of Ducks fans but they're usually not really actual football fans. I definitely saw more Hawks gear this past season than ever before, though not by a lot."

Good point about Ducks fans. I really don't see the little brother syndrome all that much. People from Portland are similar to that in Seattle in many aspects, most being fairly mellow (maybe it's the NW weed). There's a lot more unwashed hippies, and too many people trying way too hard to be liberal or "progressive". I do see Hawks gear, but like others said, it's not a real vocal following. The Hawks fans I met while living in Vegas were a lot more vocal and represented better.

I'd be down to meet up on Sundays at a bar but my issue is that I have two boys (who like football) so I have to find a kid friendly pub.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Me too... Vancouver WA, late of Colorado Springs (Eff you, Elway!)

Always been a Seahawks fan... just always.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• Count me in. When I ask some fellow co-workers if they like any sports to try to start some conversation in my past couple of jobs I get responses like... "Not really, just the super bowl." and "nope, don't watch tv." and from one guy I used to work with. "Sports are just a way for corporations to control you."

Those are the most common responses... either that or "yeah, I'm a huge cowboy/49er/packer/steelers/patriot/giants/ravens fan"
    JGreen79
    NET Starter

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Btw I've recently heard that Nepo 42 in NE Portland is a Seahawks bar. If we do any get togethers next year (aka if you guys stop being lame) we might want to check out that spot. Good wings too, from what I've heard.

They have Chicken and Waffles? Count me in. I organized last time, so one of you other slackers can pick it up this year.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I was born and raised in the Portland area. After my mom died in October last year though, I'm in the Bay area. Don't judge me. :( I'd rather be in the Pacific NW, down here I'm surrounded by enemies. :shock:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Btw I've recently heard that Nepo 42 in NE Portland is a Seahawks bar. If we do any get togethers next year (aka if you guys stop being lame) we might want to check out that spot. Good wings too, from what I've heard.

You are correct on both accounts. We had 40-50 people there during the playoffs, and the wings are top notch along with the tap list and the rest of the food. There is a facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/379099595504182/

I am going to post a thread about it since it seems like there's a lot of Portland area folks on here.
    PDXSeahawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information