how many portland based seahawks fans are out there?

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
curious how many fans we draw from portland and whether or not the natural seattle vs. portland vibe keeps people away. portland fans speak up, is it hard for you to root for a team with "seattle" in front of it?

cacksman

Reaction score
I live in Portland now, but I'm from Washington. Most of my friends are also transplants so I'm not able to give you a great answer.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
There are a lot of people from the Portland area, and other parts of Oregon that post here. And no, its not hard to root for a team from Seattle, not sure why it would be.

Everybody I know really likes Seattle.

As for Portlander's in general, when it comes to football I think we're a bandwagon town. When the Seahawks are good there are a LOT of people down here wearing Seahawks gear. Also see a lot of Packers stuff, some 49er stuff, and a smattering of pretty much every other team.

sturg78

Reaction score
Portlander here too. I know it's not Seahawks mecca here but it's damn near heaven compared to Reno (where I was living prior to Oregon).

bellingerga

Reaction score
cacksman":qvxwqbvm said:
I live in Portland now, but I'm from Washington. Most of my friends are also transplants so I'm not able to give you a great answer.

Same here. I live in the portland area, but I am originally from Yakima Washington.

dbmack

Reaction score
I live in WA and used to be a Portland Trailblazer season ticket holder since we live closer to Portland than we do Seattle. I hated the Sonics but I have always rooted for the Seahawks and Mariners.

muxpux

Reaction score
dbmack":1tq3n0v0 said:
I live in WA and used to be a Portland Trailblazer season ticket holder since we live closer to Portland than we do Seattle. I hated the Sonics but I have always rooted for the Seahawks and Mariners.

this is me to a T. always loved the M's, Blazers and Hawks. couldnt stand the Sonics. being so close to Portland, i never really attached to a team that was farther away.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
new poll...

how many Seattle based Portland strip club fans are out there?

*raise hand*

SNDavidson

Reaction score
You are correct sir, forgive me, that was an insult to boobies everywhere.

kearly

Reaction score
I was born in Seattle a long time ago, and now I live in Vancouver. I watched the Redskins playoff game at Big Al's with about 100-200 other fans. They didn't seem at all like casual or bandwagon fans. It got pretty rowdy in there. I thought people were going to flip tables when Marshawn scored that 4th quarter TD. They were almost as rabid as Washington State fans during the Apple Cup.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":fige6m0l said:
new poll...

*raise hand*

Acrop for steaks, beer, and boobs.

impacthawk

Reaction score
I Grew up in Kent and graduated class of 83' from Kentridge. Moved to Portland area after college and have been here ever since. We had season tickets since the beginning......and you can NEVER shake that off. Still represent the Seahawks proudly here in little ol' West Linn, OR.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawknballs":182u76z7 said:
new poll...

*raise hand*

Portland, Anchorage and Mexicali. Yes, Mexicali. Best trim clubs in the world.