5 Strongest NFL Rosters (Seahawks Related)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153984/article/nfls-five-strongest-rosters?campaign=Twitter_atl_wesseling[/urltargetblank]

In No Particular Order:

Denver
San Francisco
Seattle
New England
Atlanta

The Seahawks of Pete Carroll and John Schneider go bold, taking chances on unconventional players that might not appeal to other teams.

IronSaint

Reaction score
LOL, Atlanta? $10 says we'll sweep them again this year. We're 11-3 vs. the Falcons since 2006, (7-1 in NO, 4-2 in ATL), with 4 seasons swept in 7 years.

Last time they really swept us was in 2002 (the year of the re-alignment); I say 'really swept' us because they beat us twice in 2005, but that season can't even be counted with all the distress Katrina caused. The "home game" for us was actually in San Antonio. :roll:

zayden185

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":14zlc9t2 said:
Any given Sunday my friend. They do have the better roster. Not much debate there

The Falcons have a better roster?

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
IronSaint":8ya0haeu said:
LOL, Atlanta? $10 says we'll sweep them again this year. We're 11-3 vs. the Falcons since 2006, (7-1 in NO, 4-2 in ATL), with 4 seasons swept in 7 years.

Last time they really swept us was in 2002 (the year of the re-alignment); I say 'really swept' us because they beat us twice in 2005, but that season can't even be counted with all the distress Katrina caused. The "home game" for us was actually in San Antonio. :roll:

It's 2013. NO could be 11-3, 14-0, or 0-14 during 2006-2012 and it wouldn't matter when we're talking about 2013. Even then the head-to-head match-up can only offer a small sample size of insight into the head-to-head match-up. NO could, in other words, sweep ATL this coming season and ATL could and likely will still have the better roster.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
zayden185":3122ybmf said:
The Yugoslavian":3122ybmf said:
Any given Sunday my friend. They do have the better roster. Not much debate there

The Falcons have a better roster?

Then the Saints yes. Do you disagree? The Saints had a historically poor defense last year. Yes they have a good offense but the Falcons do to and considerably less holes on D

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2p5n69i1 said:
I wouldn't really even argue with the order you posted there. All these teams have some strong rosters, and it's hard to argue the other four teams have worse rosters than the Seahawks, really.

I agree, any could be argued for the top spot really. This kind of thing, similar to power polls, if you are in the top area, the top 5 or so are generally interchangeable and all arguable.

BBHawks

Reaction score
The article has the Seahawks at #1, followed by the Broncos and the 9ers. I honestly don't know what the Falcons are doing on a top five list and the Patriots are questionable.

But, I think the wildcard here is that the 9ers are sitting there with five picks in the first 100 draft slots and this draft is strong on what they need - defense. So, I could see the 9ers ending up in better shape than the Broncos making it Seahawks, Niners at 1 and 2 which is pretty epic when you think about it. If we beat them again like we did last season, nobody will be able to knock us off the #1 spot in the power rankings.