13 years ago today...

hawker232

Reaction score
[youtube]aFaEaSWAu60[/youtube]

Still haven't figured out how to post this witout the link and just posting the video itself... I'll learn. :th2thumbs:

themunn

Reaction score
nor have you learned how to post the link either...

OP
OP
hawker232

hawker232

Reaction score
... Woops... That's embarassing. It was supposed to be a link to destroying to Kingdome.

Rookie mistake.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[youtube][/youtube]

insert the section in red and only the section in red between the ][ above from a youtube URL

So this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFaEaSWAu60

Gives you this:

[youtube]aFaEaSWAu60[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I remember taking a tour of the Kingdome in grade school when it first opened. It was a concrete turd then, and it was a concrete turd when they finally put it out of it's misery in 2000.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
That was a crazy day, my old job had a pretty good view of it from the upper floors. Everyone was there with their families. Fun times!

Though I kinda miss that ugly old grey dome.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2a2rlz1f said:
I remember taking a tour of the Kingdome in grade school when it first opened. It was a concrete turd then, and it was a concrete turd when they finally put it out of it's misery in 2000.

But it was OUR turd, Sarge.

:0190l:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Can we just have a sticky how to post a youtube. Seems every week someone has to explain the same thing all over again.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I remember being in a car on a ski trip and listening to the demolition on the radio. Good memories.

The Radish

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1xhz8q3k said:
Can we just have a sticky how to post a youtube. Seems every week someone has to explain the same thing all over again.

I think everyone can just go to the FAQ forum where that is available.

:les:

CANHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":wshkjb40 said:
SalishHawkFan":wshkjb40 said:

I think everyone can just go to the FAQ forum where that is available.

:les:

Can we have a sticky on how to find the FAQ forum?

Erebus

Reaction score
Even though it was a crappy venue, I miss the Kingdome because of my Mariner memories there. I think Griffey left because of Safeco Field.

LargentFan

Reaction score
It's a weird video for me to watch. I love our current stadium, but for some reason, it's painful seeing the Kingdome go down.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
LargentFan":106dyvx5 said:
It's a weird video for me to watch. I love our current stadium, but for some reason, it's painful seeing the Kingdome go down.

Exactly. I was in Europe at the time, so I didn't get the intimate, first-hand experience of this. More like hearsay that something nostalgic and dear to your heart is suddenly gone. And you find it's true after all. Yea, you'll get a shiny new one, but that still doesn't change what was taken.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
That was shot from the same park where me and the wife watched it from. 'twas a crisp morning, and we had awesome seats! I remember the whole hillside shouting the countdown, then 5 secs after we hit zero.... BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!!!!! CRASHHHHHHHHH........ Massive dust cloud. Probably the most awesome thing I've ever witnessed in person.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Ew, I just read an article that Seattle/King Co. still owes $83 million on the Kingdome.