Rumor....Urlacher

IHateSleeves

Reaction score
I'll preface it as a rumor, but a very reliable source has told me the 'Hawks are having internal discussions about a former Bears middle linebacker.....

Let the discussion begin

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I would love to see the Hawks sign him. I think he still has a lot left in the tank and would be an big upgrade over Bobby Wagner, who I fully expect to regress significantly this year. Brian Urlacher is what this team needs to get to the next level and be truly elite.

:snack:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yes and here's the discussion...

JS "what do you think about Urlacher?" (clinches his teeth so as not to burst out laughing)

PC "I think he was one of the best"

JS "you said was"

PC "your point?"

Both begin to howl with laughter as they look at the list of LB they see in the middle rounds of the draft that they will be going after

Zybot

Reaction score
Might be kind of interesting, if he can stay healthy. I like the idea of bringing in a veteran to help mentor Bobby Wagner and KJ. Why do you expect Wagner to regress though? That's crazy talk.

drdiags

Reaction score
What's up Sleeves!

Guess signing Urlacher for vet minimum does't hurt but if they pay $2.5M like biggie76 suggested, I am eating my words. Oh we'll, should know better than to put anything beyond them.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I heard a rumor we were going to sign Urlacher and trade him to the mediocre Ravens for Courtney Upshaw.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3qmo4lpj said:
I would love to see the Hawks sign him. I think he still has a lot left in the tank and would be an big upgrade over Bobby Wagner, who I fully expect to regress significantly this year. Brian Urlacher is what this team needs to get to the next level and be truly elite.

Just curious what makes you think Wagner will regress signifigantly?

Personally, i suppose if its for near the vet minimum i'd be fine with it. Otherwise, no thank you on Urlacher.

Zybot

Reaction score
Maybe they sign him to a deal like they did with TO and give him a chance to compete. If he shows that he still has it and can help, they keep him. If he shows that he should retire, they cut him and let him try with another team.

OP
OP
I

IHateSleeves

Reaction score
James!!!

I think the idea is they want some veteran leadership, a guy that still has the ability to play 1st and 2nd down and maybe Wagner can play the strong side. Again was only told internal discussions.

ensett

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":1mnjw407 said:
I say no. Did you guys not see how slow he looked at the end of that Seahawks and bears game?

i believe he was also the one that chased Tate down 40 yards down the field too though

jkitsune

Reaction score
JSeahawks":v756x6v2 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":v756x6v2 said:

Personally, i suppose if its for near the vet minimum i'd be fine with it. Otherwise, no thank you on Urlacher.
I think he's trolling you guys, j.

pehawk

Reaction score
What's wrong with Urlacher as backup and toy to use on rushing downs/blitzes/spot duty?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
If 'Sleeves says they are having internal discussions, you can bank on it! Just remember these are only discussions...

kearly

Reaction score
Oddly, I could see it. Seattle has a long history of signing old players to cheap one year deals in the past. It adds to the competition. Wagner would be a stud at WILL. It's a very weak LB class and I think Seattle probably wants to wait til next year before spending a good pick on one, so signing Urlacher as a 1 year stopgap makes sense. He also comes from a similar defense and could mentor the young LBs we have.

Obviously, Urlacher isn't what he once was, but the Seahawks know that. Pete got some very nice results out of a 36 year old Lawyer Milloy in 2010. Not saying it should happen or will happen, but if it did I'd "get it."

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":yw6xgb5k said:
Angry phone

We have a franchise linebacker and his name is BOBBY!!!!!!!

*hangs up*

I don't think enough people are appreciating how brilliant a post this was. :lol:

SE174

Reaction score
I'm all for signing him...

As an assistant LB coach. :thcoffee:

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
jkitsune":2mdyb28l said:
JSeahawks":2mdyb28l said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2mdyb28l said:

I think he's trolling you guys, j.

Just enjoying my beer and popcorn waiting to see who would be the first one to bite.