Rumor....Urlacher

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    My aren't you the nice guy in the room,,,,not!

    Because his opinion us just as good as yours. Better actually cause he was pleasant about it something you can't be accused of.

    :141847_bnono:


    Not Worried about being labeled pleasant.



    As if that wasn't obvious
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:54 pm
  • when the market has proven that it has dried up where do all good players go that wanna win? :D hopefully I was pleasant enough....
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2746
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:Because P&J are discussing this.


    We don't know this... that said, I see no reason not to discuss the possibility
    User avatar
    TheWebHead
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 184
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:35 pm


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 am
  • Why does everyone on here have to act like the old male cat after the new kitten gets brought home? Last time I checked, we are all waiting to celebrate the Lombardi trophy? Hell I've been waiting since 1976 when I was 10 years old so not sure why my opinion ,which is more fact based, gets jumped on so bad? If we had a big hole at mike then maybe I see it a little more some of your guys way but that isn't the case. Anyhow sorry to ruffle feathers, maybe someone can let me know what the proper pecking order is here and when/when not I can post my thoughts on OUR team?
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 am
  • penihawk wrote:Why does everyone on here have to act like the old male cat after the new kitten gets brought home? Last time I checked, we are all waiting to celebrate the Lombardi trophy? Hell I've been waiting since 1976 when I was 10 years old so not sure why my opinion ,which is more fact based, gets jumped on so bad? If we had a big hole at mike then maybe I see it a little more some of your guys way but that isn't the case. Anyhow sorry to ruffle feathers, maybe someone can let me know what the proper pecking order is here and when/when not I can post my thoughts on OUR team?


    You just have to blow off the criticism and stick to your guns. If folks are attacking the poster and not the post they are violating Forum policy and the mods will deal with them. Some feel like they own the joint and can say whatever they want. Most toe the line but eventually all have to conform to the rules except for a few deviants.

    I would lone wolf it if I were you. Enemies today can be allies tomorrow only to revert back to enemies. If you let it.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9332
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 am
  • It is called a forum for a reason. I would expect anything and everything Seahawks related, rumors be damned. That said, kicking the tires on Urlacher or anyone else that the front office might feel can contribute to the team this year should be expected.

    I do not think we are done signing free agents at all this off-season. We are just waiting for the market to settle some and see who the bargains will be. As we should be imo. JS/PC will bring people in, the players still will have to make the team!
    ______________________________

    Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

    Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    User avatar
    nwgamer
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 356
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:26 am
    Location: Cashmere, WA


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 am
  • I assume from this thread's continued presence on the board that this rumor has been vetted in some way? I'd hate to see IHateSleeves join Rob Staton in the stocks after turning out to be wrong...
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11323
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:44 am
  • Not against kicking the tires on every FA out there but in the end they will take a little time to watch last years tape and add that to the contract he said he would not put his body through another NFL season for and they will move on to the next guy. Would I take him as a role player on a minimal 1 year deal? Sure but I bet Urlacher would beg to differ on that.
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:42 pm
  • I think it's clear anyone who signs Urlacher is more interested in his legacy then his current production. Who was the last aging linebacker to sign with a team and put them over the top?
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:53 pm
  • Ray Lewis. Tested the FA market at 34 and then resigned with the Ravens.
    xXCHawkXx
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:41 am


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:39 pm
  • xXCHawkXx wrote:Ray Lewis. Tested the FA market at 34 and then resigned with the Ravens.


    I would be hard-pressed to say he put the Ravens over the top, not only did their defense actually regressed last year and I would say that he played at a lower level than he did in previous years.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:47 pm
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    xXCHawkXx wrote:Ray Lewis. Tested the FA market at 34 and then resigned with the Ravens.


    I would be hard-pressed to say he put the Ravens over the top, not only did their defense actually regressed last year and I would say that he played at a lower level than he did in previous years.


    Without question. Lewis was a liability for the Ravens last year. The FO won't be asking Suggs and Ngata go to his home and plead for his return. You can bank on that.

    Welcome to the forum Penihawk. Your post (that was attacked) was spot on the mark. Urlacher was the modern day Butkus to Bear fans. IF he was worth keeping they'd pay him. They low-balled him so that he would walk. inferior posters will insult you hoping you too will walk. The ignore button is your friend.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5679
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:40 am
  • Thanks for the kind words and advice guys. Just trying to help guys see the reality of a guy that joined the fraternity of getting old over night. Ray hung on because of his leadership and being the franchise from the start or he would of met the same fate a year or two prior. Its a fact of life and the NFL and there are only a couple positions that players can hang around longer as backups and role players. LBer aint one of them imo.
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 91
    Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:43 am
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:I would love to see the Hawks sign him. I think he still has a lot left in the tank and would be an big upgrade over Bobby Wagner


    I don't even know what to say to this.


    Anyway, Urlacher's looking for a multiple year contract in the 3-4 million a year range. That's WAY too much to pay for a backup middle linebacker.

    But if we could get him on a one year deal for 2 million + incentives? Sure. Great leadership, work ethic, etc.

    I hardly doubt Urlacher would go to a team where he knows he's going to be backup though. Especially if it means a one year deal + incentives.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3467
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:57 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:I would love to see the Hawks sign him. I think he still has a lot left in the tank and would be an big upgrade over Bobby Wagner


    I don't even know what to say to this.


    Anyway, Urlacher's looking for a multiple year contract in the 3-4 million a year range. That's WAY too much to pay for a backup middle linebacker.

    But if we could get him on a one year deal for 2 million + incentives? Sure. Great leadership, work ethic, etc.

    I hardly doubt Urlacher would go to a team where he knows he's going to be backup though. Especially if it means a one year deal + incentives.



    Yeah, heaven forbid he have to work for his money rather than rest on his considerable laurels.(yes that's what they are calling it now)

    :roll:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    Yeah, heaven forbid he have to work for his money rather than rest on his considerable laurels.(yes that's what they are calling it now)


    Urlacher's going to be in the HOF, his work ethic isn't what's in question here. What's in question is does he continue to beat the crap out of his body for 1-2 million a year as a backup in Seattle?

    My guess is the answer is no. If he's going to accept less to prove he can still play, he's going to a team where he can compete for a starting position..........and that ain't in Seattle.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3467
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Yeah, heaven forbid he have to work for his money rather than rest on his considerable laurels.(yes that's what they are calling it now)


    Urlacher's going to be in the HOF, his work ethic isn't what's in question here. What's in question is does he continue to beat the crap out of his body for 1-2 million a year as a backup in Seattle?

    My guess is the answer is no. If he's going to accept less to prove he can still play, he's going to a team where he can compete for a starting position..........and that ain't in Seattle.



    What I meant was I think he's wanting someone to pay him for what has been not what might be.

    I know his work ethic but seems to me the people who had him for so many years might have an idea what he has not become.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:14 pm
  • I'm so happy we now have our own identity and no longer feel compelled to bring in the Franco Harris' of the world.

    I like the heck out of Brian Urlacher. Enough that I watch him sometimes exclusively during Bear's games. There was a time when he was incredibly fast for a man of his size. Now, more times than not, he looks like he's carrying a piano on his back. Unless he is in need of money, the next team he should be with is in Canton (IMO).
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5679
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:33 pm
  • I could see him in situational role, but I doubt he'll accept 'situational' money.
    I'm steadfastly against displacing Wagner from MLB, and that's what is being dicussed anyway you want to frame it. We aren't talking about 3 spots that are equal in difficulty and importance, and I don't want some OTH 1-2 yr player slowing Wagner's learning process. Vetran leadetship or not, less snaps = less learning. Sorry Madden crew.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2709
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Previous


It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information