Rumor....Urlacher

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Rumor....Urlacher
Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:04 pm
  • You know which team is in the best position to know how effective Urlacher still is? The Chicago Bears.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:22 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:This would be stupid.

We built this team based on youth. We don't need washed up old has been.

Agreed, we can certainly better well spend the money on something we need.
    We can find a better alternative through the middle rounds that is ready to play, wants to play..
    Bobblehead
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:23 pm
  • FO had a good analysis of the best and worst run stoppers in the NFL. Urlacher made top 10. They had this to say:

You may think that playing 3-4 outside linebacker is a huge help as far as making the left side of this particular list. You may be right. There have been a few 4-3 outside linebackers and the occasional middle linebacker like Brian Urlacher over the past few seasons, but it definitely helps you collect negative plays if you're moving on the snap.

The guy was listed in the top 10. The only middle linebacker who made the list and he consistently makes the list. He's a special talent and anyone who buys into the "he's washed up" myth has been buying into the whole Bears fans excuses for why their team blew their shot at the playoffs. People like to find scapegoats.

Oh and btw, Bobby didn't make that list.

Seems I recall our team had a need for run stoppers as the season progressed.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
  • One of the finalists for ROY AT MLB and people talk about moving him to WSLB... utter ignorance.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:47 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:FO had a good analysis of the best and worst run stoppers in the NFL. Urlacher made top 10. They had this to say:

You may think that playing 3-4 outside linebacker is a huge help as far as making the left side of this particular list. You may be right. There have been a few 4-3 outside linebackers and the occasional middle linebacker like Brian Urlacher over the past few seasons, but it definitely helps you collect negative plays if you're moving on the snap.

The guy was listed in the top 10. The only middle linebacker who made the list and he consistently makes the list. He's a special talent and anyone who buys into the "he's washed up" myth has been buying into the whole Bears fans excuses for why their team blew their shot at the playoffs. People like to find scapegoats.

This post changed me from "mehhh" to "slightly in favor"
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:You know which team is in the best position to know how effective Urlacher still is? The Chicago Bears.

To be fair, the Bears did offer him a contract. A contract that was twice as much as the minimum. It will probably end up being the biggest contract Urlacher is offered this offseason. He made a mistake turning it down, IMO.
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:06 pm
  • ErikG803 wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:FO had a good analysis of the best and worst run stoppers in the NFL. Urlacher made top 10. They had this to say:

Haha, that's probably about where I stand too actually. I don't think everyone should rag on him as being over the hll, Urlacher is still an elite MLB. I wouldn't replace Wagner with him, but he could have a place on our team.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:11 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:One of the finalists for ROY AT MLB and people talk about moving him to WSLB... utter ignorance.

I hate posts like these. Not only is it incorrect, but it paints dissent into a corner. Nobody wants Bobby Wagner to move to WILL. Some of us just happen to think he'd do great there if Seattle decided to make that move. What's so stupid about recognizing flexibility and weighing options?

If Seattle really is talking about Urlacher, I hate to break it to you but it's not to have him play outside linebacker. Is Wagner a better MLB than old Urlacher? Most likely. But just the same, wouldn't a combination of Urlacher/Wagner be better than Wagner/Smith? Wagner has an outstanding WILL skillset, so I can see the angle. I doubt it would be a permanent move, and Seattle has shown a willingness to move players around in the past.
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:Haha, that's probably about where I stand too actually. I don't think everyone should rag on him as being over the hll, Urlacher is still an elite MLB. I wouldn't replace Wagner with him, but he could have a place on our team.

I'm not saying that I want us to sign him, but it does sound like Urlacher's got a chip on his shoulder right now, doesn't it?

I haven't watched Urlacher recently. I didn't even watch him close when Seattle played Chicago. Maybe he really is completely washed up. That said, I thought that an ancient Lawyer Milloy was washed up for years before he tore it up a bit in 2010 in Pete's style of defense. I remember thinking that Kurt Warner was washed up for years before the 2008/2009 seasons rolled around. Sometimes even an apparently washed up player can still have a lot in the tank. So for a minimum type deal, I don't see the harm in giving Urlacher a chance to find out which type of old player he is.

Edit: I thought it was pretty funny to see who the #1 worst linebacker at stopping the rush was: Ray Lewis.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:38 pm
  • Out of curiousity, is there a track record with this poster's source? Is this the one that reported the Ruvell Martin signing and/or the Houshmandzadeh cut?
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 pm
  • ErikG803 wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:FO had a good analysis of the best and worst run stoppers in the NFL. Urlacher made top 10. They had this to say:

As yet, I don't trust individual player metrics, especially thiz one. FO admit in their opening paragraph that this stat is flawed, as they are only counting the plays where that player shows up on the stat sheet. What you are measuring is in effect tackling efficiency in a very specific context.
    It is like fielding errors in baseball. The problem with that is that it pnly measures success when you get there. So, in baseball they divided the field into vectors, decided what a player should be able to cover, and came up with a fielding range stat which showed how successful the fielder was on all plays which involved or should have involved the fielder.

No one is doutinw that Urlacher can tackle, but whether he can run. This stat doesnt measure that, or take account of DL play (he had Melton in front of him after all) or scheme. It shouldn't really change your mind even a little.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:48 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:You know which team is in the best position to know how effective Urlacher still is? The Chicago Bears.

To be fair, the Bears did offer him a contract. A contract that was twice as much as the minimum. It will probably end up being the biggest contract Urlacher is offered this offseason. He made a mistake turning it down, IMO.

Don't remember for sure but didn't the Bears offer him $2 million and he wanted $2.5 million? I thought at the time I read it seemed pretty silly to be steamed over half a million bucks at this point in his career.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:03 am
  • Everyone is talking about how much Urlacher may or may not have left in his body, or if changing Wagner's position is a smart move. What about the mental presence of Urlacher? He will forever make Wagner and KJ better linebackers by playing next to him and learning from him in the film room. Urlacher is known to be one of the smartest defensive players in the game and is great at defensive audibles (as stated by Matt Hasselbach). And if possible, could actually raise the level of intensity in an already insane group.
    I hate to say it, but his addition to our defense would be very comparable to Boldin's addition to SF. Anyone who thinks Wagner is already better than Urlacher is crazy. And 80% of Urlacher is one hell of an addition. The guys mind will improve everybody on the defense.
    cheese22
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 am
  • Urlacher might have been dinged up the few games I watched him this year, but he was a shell of his former self. I remember watching him and thinking he was the slowest MLB I had seen all year. He's been a helluva player, but I wouldn't want him as starter now. Depth would be fine, but I doubt he accepts that role. Besides, I want a backup LB that can play special teams, like Farwell.

I won't even get into my love for Wagner, who I've been high on since we drafted him. It'd take a special LB for me even to consider moving him.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:14 am
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:One of the finalists for ROY AT MLB and people talk about moving him to WSLB... utter ignorance.

:13: it annoys me as well.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:16 am
  • I've said before, and I'll say it again; unless BU can show me two good knees on a passing physical, and a stellar workout including speed in the neighborhood of a 4.7 (or so), I'll pass.

It goes without saying he would bring knowledge, but keep in mind, those that can no longer do, teach.

BU would make a great position coach...
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:26 am
  • I know he's over the hill, but give me an ANGRY Brian Urlacher at MLB over anyone for one year. I love Wagner, and he'll get as many snaps as he did last year. Wagner's versitility and play recognition will help him wherever he's put. A chance to play along side a HOF player in Urlacher will only help him. Urlacher only had almost one less tackle per game in 2012 v. 2011 and reports were that he was injured. For the right price (less than what was offered by Chicago), Urlacher would help our run defense more than any other player in the draft for one year.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:14 am
  • He WAS one of the best Tampa2 dropper LBers ever. He is now just old,slow,can't change direction or stay healthy who wants to be paid based on his reputation. Did anyone really think Ray looked good last year in the playoffs/SB? I thought he was a liability most of the time. Give me Alan Branch back for the money it would require to get a washed up player who would end up being a backup or hurt.
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:53 am
  • Would he be any slower than Hawthorne?

If he's willing to be a depth guy, what's the harm? He could always be traded to the Saints during camp too.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:20 am
  • I've thought about all the intangibles he could bring, and the willingness to take a pay-cut or to play second-fiddle, but we ask our LB's to work special teams also. I'm sorry, but I just can't find enough tangibles that put BU onto the team in anything other than simply the backup role Pe suggests. Can we afford to (or have the luxury to) have an aging vet that has limited contribution potential pocketing some of our team's cash?

If anything, he would bring the experience, attitude, and just plain football knowledge necessary to eliminate a good portion of those plays that we say, "well, they got us on that one". The ones when that one or two guys guess wrong on that playaction and a back gets into the secondary for a first. He's got to have good discipline on the practice field as well.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 am
  • Could he replace Hill?
    CornerHawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:48 am
  • penihawk wrote:He WAS one of the best Tampa2 dropper LBers ever. He is now just old,slow,can't change direction or stay healthy who wants to be paid based on his reputation. Did anyone really think Ray looked good last year in the playoffs/SB? I thought he was a liability most of the time. Give me Alan Branch back for the money it would require to get a washed up player who would end up being a backup or hurt.

Yeah, FO must be totally wrong about urlacher being one of the top 10 LBers at stopping the run and everyone who says he's too slow must be right.

Cuz Golden Tate getting run down 40 yards downfield is a sure sign of an aging LBer with bad knees. :roll:

SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 am
  • He is the definition of old and slow and we have a budding superstar second year player at his position...I just can't see it
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 am
  • Counter intelligence red herring?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:15 am
  • Can Urlacher grow dreads? Can someone dig up stats on this?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:28 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:You know which team is in the best position to know how effective Urlacher still is? The Chicago Bears.

Don't remember for sure but didn't the Bears offer him $2 million and he wanted $2.5 million? I thought at the time I read it seemed pretty silly to be steamed over half a million bucks at this point in his career.

:les:

What I heard he wanted 2 years @ 12 million or 6 million a year. The Bears offered 2.5 million for 1 year. Urlacher got butt-hurt and started crying to the media. He's acting like a cry-baby with all his complaining. Under NO circumstances would I want him in SEattle.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 am
  • pehawk wrote:Would he be any slower than Hawthorne?

If he's willing to be a depth guy, what's the harm? He could always be traded to the Saints during camp too.

You don't pay 3-4 million for a "depth guy". If he rejected 2.5 from the Bears than he's sure to cost 3-5 million to us. There's no logic to bring in a backup or 2 down player for that money. Considering you can roll your cap numbers into the following year. Why use that cap space now when you'll need it next year to extend some of our other players.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 am
  • Urlacher came in to last season from an injury and wasn't ready to go. He was still on pace for 90 tackles with 102 the year before. He had two forced fumbles and recoveries and one interception.

I am not ready to call the guy done yet but if PERCEPTION is that he is old and slow then of course he must be..........

Him starting at 2 years $12 million isn't really a big deal of course you start big and see what comes back. He didn't cry to the media until afterwards and his complaint was that he was told there would be negotiations and he supposedly was given one number and that didn't change period.

If he wants to play here and the people that knows wants him then I am sure he can contribute. We shall see....
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:
    penihawk wrote:He WAS one of the best Tampa2 dropper LBers ever. He is now just old,slow,can't change direction or stay healthy who wants to be paid based on his reputation. Did anyone really think Ray looked good last year in the playoffs/SB? I thought he was a liability most of the time. Give me Alan Branch back for the money it would require to get a washed up player who would end up being a backup or hurt.

Yeah, FO must be totally wrong about urlacher being one of the top 10 LBers at stopping the run and everyone who says he's too slow must be right.

Cuz Golden Tate getting run down 40 yards downfield is a sure sign of an aging LBer with bad knees. :roll:

Please, it wasn't like Urlacher out-sprinted Tate. Tate had to make the catch jump over the defender and then put a nasty juke move on the 2nd defender- bringing him nearly to a stop and then started to accelerate again. All the while Urlacher was running at full speed. It shouldn't surprise anyone that he caught him.

If we looked at the production, Health concerns, and age and lets say his name instead of being Urlacher was John Smith, would you be fired up to sign him for 3-5 million? I would imagine that would be a resounding NO by nearly everyone on here. But because it's Brian Urlacher people like the idea. Makes no sense to me. His reputation far exceeds his actual ability in 2013.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 am
  • mikeak wrote:Urlacher came in to last season from an injury and wasn't ready to go. He was still on pace for 90 tackles with 102 the year before. He had two forced fumbles and recoveries and one interception.

I am not ready to call the guy done yet but if PERCEPTION is that he is old and slow then of course he must be..........

Him starting at 2 years $12 million isn't really a big deal of course you start big and see what comes back. He didn't cry to the media until afterwards and his complaint was that he was told there would be negotiations and he supposedly was given one number and that didn't change period.

If he wants to play here and the people that knows wants him then I am sure he can contribute. We shall see....

He's done ALOT of crying since his release. I don't want him.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:46 am
  • Is Urlacher, Wright and Wagner a better trio then Hill, Wright and Wagner? methinks so. Assuming the price is cheap I say do it !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 am
  • My point is simply that Bears have vastly more information about Urlacher than you (or I) do. If they thought he was still elite they would certainly have been willing to talk about the $5.5 number, especially when Urlacher has said he was expecting to work down from that. I would have no problem with the Seahawks signing him, but fan expectations should be set by the Bears willing to pay him $2 million and not by pie in the sky wishes. If FO's limited statistics disagree with the Bears your first thought should be "I guess FO still has some tweaking to do" not "Looks like the Bears are stupid."

Radish wrote:Don't remember for sure but didn't the Bears offer him $2 million and he wanted $2.5 million? I thought at the time I read it seemed pretty silly to be steamed over half a million bucks at this point in his career.

Urlacher wanted $5.5 mil/yr and the Bears offered $2/yr. He wasn't furious about it, he just didn't agree with how they saw his salary. He gave an interview on Sirius where he sounded a bit unhappy because he mentioned that his initial $5.5 mil figure was just a starting point and he was expecting to negotiate down, but felt like their offer was a "take it or leave it" that undervalued his contributions.

IMO, Urlacher is making the very common mistake of comparing his salary to previous years instead of to his competition in 2013. $2 million is a lot more than a third round MLB would cost to say nothing of his $5.5 mil request.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am
  • Yes, a million times yes!! Move Wagner to the WILL where his body and athleticism are best suited, and bring in Urlacher for 1st and 2nd downs. A true run stopper in the middle. We need one against SF, and Washington and Minn if they make the playoffs. Urlacher also prepares like Peyton Manning does. Our defense, knowing what play is coming, becomes that much more elite. He isn't going to play for the vet minimum. He would walk away. But get it done!! Been saying this for weeks.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:55 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    mikeak wrote:Urlacher came in to last season from an injury and wasn't ready to go. He was still on pace for 90 tackles with 102 the year before. He had two forced fumbles and recoveries and one interception.

He's done ALOT of crying since his release. I don't want him.

That's what I thought reading the various articles.

If I own a pro football team the players that make the top of my list are of course the ones that negotiate via the media. Yep, that's about my favorite thing to do. Right up there with having someone hit me in the head with a cast iron skillet.

:141847_bnono:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:25 pm
  • If Brian Urlacher was still Brian Urlacher then he would have a contract in Chicago. They have moved on from him without his replacement being on the roster. That has to tell you something guys. He's not playing for chump change and he won't want to be a backup so why are we even discussing this?
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:31 pm
  • penihawk wrote:If Brian Urlacher was still Brian Urlacher then he would have a contract in Chicago. They have moved on from him without his replacement being on the roster. That has to tell you something guys. He's not playing for chump change and he won't want to be a backup so why are we even discussing this?

Because P&J are discussing this.

SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:32 pm
  • penihawk wrote:If Brian Urlacher was still Brian Urlacher then he would have a contract in Chicago. They have moved on from him without his replacement being on the roster. That has to tell you something guys. He's not playing for chump change and he won't want to be a backup so why are we even discussing this?

Well, pardon us new guy. Please dictate to us what we can and cannot discuss.

As far as the rest of your post, The only thing that I read into Chicago not bringing Urlacher back is that they have a new coach and a new identity therefore necessitating the need to get rid of the old face of the franchise. They offered him a contract to sell to the fans that they tried but knew that he would never accept.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:35 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    penihawk wrote:If Brian Urlacher was still Brian Urlacher then he would have a contract in Chicago. They have moved on from him without his replacement being on the roster. That has to tell you something guys. He's not playing for chump change and he won't want to be a backup so why are we even discussing this?

Well, pardon us new guy. Please dictate to us what we can and cannot discuss.

My aren't you the nice guy in the room,,,,not!

Because his opinion us just as good as yours. Better actually cause he was pleasant about it something you can't be accused of.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:39 pm
  • The Radish wrote:

Because his opinion us just as good as yours. Better actually cause he was pleasant about it something you can't be accused of.

Not Worried about being labeled pleasant.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    The Radish wrote:

Not Worried about being labeled pleasant.

As if that wasn't obvious
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:54 pm
  • when the market has proven that it has dried up where do all good players go that wanna win? :D hopefully I was pleasant enough....
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:Because P&J are discussing this.

We don't know this... that said, I see no reason not to discuss the possibility
    TheWebHead
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 am
  • Why does everyone on here have to act like the old male cat after the new kitten gets brought home? Last time I checked, we are all waiting to celebrate the Lombardi trophy? Hell I've been waiting since 1976 when I was 10 years old so not sure why my opinion ,which is more fact based, gets jumped on so bad? If we had a big hole at mike then maybe I see it a little more some of your guys way but that isn't the case. Anyhow sorry to ruffle feathers, maybe someone can let me know what the proper pecking order is here and when/when not I can post my thoughts on OUR team?
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 am
  • penihawk wrote:Why does everyone on here have to act like the old male cat after the new kitten gets brought home? Last time I checked, we are all waiting to celebrate the Lombardi trophy? Hell I've been waiting since 1976 when I was 10 years old so not sure why my opinion ,which is more fact based, gets jumped on so bad? If we had a big hole at mike then maybe I see it a little more some of your guys way but that isn't the case. Anyhow sorry to ruffle feathers, maybe someone can let me know what the proper pecking order is here and when/when not I can post my thoughts on OUR team?

You just have to blow off the criticism and stick to your guns. If folks are attacking the poster and not the post they are violating Forum policy and the mods will deal with them. Some feel like they own the joint and can say whatever they want. Most toe the line but eventually all have to conform to the rules except for a few deviants.

I would lone wolf it if I were you. Enemies today can be allies tomorrow only to revert back to enemies. If you let it.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 am
  • It is called a forum for a reason. I would expect anything and everything Seahawks related, rumors be damned. That said, kicking the tires on Urlacher or anyone else that the front office might feel can contribute to the team this year should be expected.

I do not think we are done signing free agents at all this off-season. We are just waiting for the market to settle some and see who the bargains will be. As we should be imo. JS/PC will bring people in, the players still will have to make the team!

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 am
  • I assume from this thread's continued presence on the board that this rumor has been vetted in some way? I'd hate to see IHateSleeves join Rob Staton in the stocks after turning out to be wrong...
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:44 am
  • Not against kicking the tires on every FA out there but in the end they will take a little time to watch last years tape and add that to the contract he said he would not put his body through another NFL season for and they will move on to the next guy. Would I take him as a role player on a minimal 1 year deal? Sure but I bet Urlacher would beg to differ on that.
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:42 pm
  • I think it's clear anyone who signs Urlacher is more interested in his legacy then his current production. Who was the last aging linebacker to sign with a team and put them over the top?
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:53 pm
  • Ray Lewis. Tested the FA market at 34 and then resigned with the Ravens.
    xXCHawkXx
    NET Practice Squad

Next

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information