Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3100
lee wrote:
Harvin has been coddled like a baby that he is, a malcontent just like Mr Rice was.


If Harvin is going to have the same positive influence in the Seattle lockerroom as "a malcontent just like Mr Rice," then I'm even more thrilled.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8953
Location: With a white girl
DavidSeven wrote:
lee wrote:
Harvin has been coddled like a baby that he is, a malcontent just like Mr Rice was.


If Harvin is going to have the same positive influence in the Seattle lockerroom as "a malcontent just like Mr Rice," then I'm even more thrilled.


I'd too would go from malcontent to team player if i was upgrading from Christian Puker to DangeRuss.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14122
Location: Portland, OR
lee wrote:
If it sounds to good to be true,it probably is. The question is 'why' would they trade Harvin? Just like Mr Rice,he wanted to re-do his contract before it was up,the Vikings don't do that. Harvin has been coddled like a baby that he is, a malcontent just like Mr Rice was.Chilly put his job on the line drafting Harvin,he even visited him before the draft at his house. All were saying do not draft this guy,he is poison to any football team. Just like Moss,Harvin plays when he wants to play and if he isn't the center of attention on every play think the fat kid who takes the ball and goes home,,pouting.Harvin missed a lot of time in practice,camps and games,,said he had migraines and dig this,nobody believed him for years until he had one at a practice and everybody thought he was gonna die. This shows you his credibility,,zero. With his style of play and small body,,when they say the NFL means,,'not for long' Harvin will be the poster child. Plus you gave the farm away to get him,,pffffft. He was going to hold out this year and would probably have been cut,,you jumped to soon. Last poll I saw in the Mnpls paper,,75% of fans said good riddance,,what does that tell you?


So, on a scale of 1-10, how sour are those grapes?

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:17 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2776
Poor Vikings fans. Well that's Karma for ya.

The use of the poison pill was just an example of the way that organization does business. When you play dirty you shouldn't complain because you got a little mud on ya.

I can't speak for anyone else but after seeing the Vikings never get a ring with Hutch and then watching us peel away Burleson, Rice, Harvin and Bevell, I feel vindicated. Sorry you don't like the way your organization is running things. Mine kicks ass.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:34 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Is Everything
RichNhansom wrote:
Poor Vikings fans. Well that's Karma for ya.

The use of the poison pill was just an example of the way that organization does business. When you play dirty you shouldn't complain because you got a little mud on ya.

I can't speak for anyone else but after seeing the Vikings never get a ring with Hutch and then watching us peel away Burleson, Rice, Harvin and Bevell, I feel vindicated. Sorry you don't like the way your organization is running things. Mine kicks ass.



We actually used a pill to get Burleson.

Btw did anyone else catch that Hutchs twitter handle was poisonpill76. What a richard.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:01 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2776
Now we just gotta get AP.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:17 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm
Posts: 44
The ability to sign all those free agents next year is what worries me the most about the Harvin deal. You guys can talk about the idea that if guys want to win a Super Bowl they stay at a discount all you want, but I just don't see it. Who does that anymore? I guess what bothers me the most is that there is Tavon Austin sitting there in the first round. They could have packaged picks and moved up to take him and they'd have a player just like Harvin only probably faster for a small fraction of the money. And the other thing is what team has done well with high-priced free agents lately? Anybody? Sorry, but the whole thing gives me the creeps. I'm excited about Harvin because he's an awesome player but there are a lot of ways this could blow up in the Hawks' faces.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3100
BBHawks wrote:
I guess what bothers me the most is that there is Tavon Austin sitting there in the first round. They could have packaged picks and moved up to take him and they'd have a player just like Harvin only probably faster for a small fraction of the money. And the other thing is what team has done well with high-priced free agents lately? Anybody? Sorry, but the whole thing gives me the creeps. I'm excited about Harvin because he's an awesome player but there are a lot of ways this could blow up in the Hawks' faces.


Austin is being discussed as an early to mid first rounder. He's not under the radar anymore. Seattle would have had to give up a ton to move up far enough to get him. Far more than they have up to get Harvin. Just as an example, Atlanta gave up two first rounders, a second, and two fourths to move up for Julio Jones, though they did have to get all the way up to the sixth pick.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:23 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2776
BBHawks wrote:
The ability to sign all those free agents next year is what worries me the most about the Harvin deal. You guys can talk about the idea that if guys want to win a Super Bowl they stay at a discount all you want, but I just don't see it. Who does that anymore? I guess what bothers me the most is that there is Tavon Austin sitting there in the first round. They could have packaged picks and moved up to take him and they'd have a player just like Harvin only probably faster for a small fraction of the money. And the other thing is what team has done well with high-priced free agents lately? Anybody? Sorry, but the whole thing gives me the creeps. I'm excited about Harvin because he's an awesome player but there are a lot of ways this could blow up in the Hawks' faces.



Aaron Curry.

You know what you get in Harvin.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sando on Harvin
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:03 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 1063
From what I have read about Harvin it sounds like he does not put up with teammates who don't show the same level up preparation for the game that he does? If that is indeed the case then he should be solid in our locker room. People like to compare Russ with Tarkington. Early on Harvin was compared to Amed Rashad. This could get good.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.