Vote fro Marshawn Lynch for greatest play of all time

DericLee

Reaction score
Would love for Lynch to win, but the immaculate reception has got this...still one of the most amazing plays ever.

Veilside

Reaction score
Looking at the others in it's bracket I could easily see it getting into the top 4. Doubt it will beat the big dogs though (The Catch, Immaculate Reception).

Axx

Reaction score
why wasnt "The Golden Catch" on the list????

and if you say because it as illegal or something, the Holy Roller and immaculate DECEPTION are on the list.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1qc73jva said:
Wow. To think I was THERE.... Honored.

No kidding. I was there with a friend, too; and in the 100 level charter seats on the side of the field (and around the 25-yard line on that side) the run was on. We went absolutely nuts, and I will never forget it for the rest of my life. A profound moment in sports. I smile and feel awed just thinking back to it.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
same here... it's an honor to have seen that play live and in person. my seats are down where he was running towards, it was surreal, like almost in slow-motion as he kept breaking tackles, throwing off defenders, running right at us...

nwgamer

Reaction score
Axx":2amysorz said:
why wasnt "The Golden Catch" on the list????

and if you say because it as illegal or something, the Holy Roller and immaculate DECEPTION are on the list.

Likely because the game wasn't a huge playoff game etc

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Why wasn't Garo Yepremian's (sp?) backwards pass for a Redskins TD in Super Bowl VII on that list?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Yup, gonna be pretty hard to supplant the Immaculate Reception... Incomplete or not, it is ingrained in the Nation's concienceness as arguably the greatest play ever... Especially with that name. Though it's very cool that Marshawn's run has a name, "BeastQuake". SO important for legendary status. Of course, trying to be as unbiased as possible, I think Marshawn's run blows away Franco's play. Steelers are always gonna beat the Seahawks in a national popularity contest. And "The Catch"??? I see better pass plays at least 10 times a season. Big whoop.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I love Lynch and that play is my favorite of all time being a fan of this team. I'm not even sure that run qualifies for top 5 all time in terms of the run. It certainly means a lot more when I remember the momentum the Saints had at that point and I started getting the "Drew Brees is completely taking over the game" feeling.

The bracket setup is crap. The Bo Jackson run really isn't that amazing, but somehow they omit at least a billion amazing runs by Jim Brown. Earl Campbell gets one good one in there, but seriously? This list is so biased to the last 10 years it is ridiculous. But I guess that's what happens when your "all time" list is really a "that I can remember" list.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
They do show the results when you click on the matchup (in the upper corners of the videos). Lynch is absolutely killing it right now, has almost a 20,000 vote lead.