It's official: Tuck rule gone, helmet rule approved

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
idiotic. This will cost teams games and hurt the game. They are going to regulate themselves into a shrinking fanbase...

Young2Rice

Reaction score
This will hurt both our power running teams.

Gore can no longer "Gore" people and Beast Mode has to turn on Prance Mode...

Ugh ******* Goodell

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
They should just get it over with and rename it to the National Friendship League.

hawker84

Reaction score
well it all starts with the fans.. start putting a product on the field that is not exciting to watch.. the fans will go away, and we all know what S**t does on a nice slope. ask the Mariners, Tampa Bay Rays ownership..

now that there's going to be even more flags to slow the games down....might as well add a few more Geico, or Farmers insurance commercials during the games to really keep the pace down.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Look, It wasn't even close, the OWNERS voted it in 31-1 That includes our best pal Paul.

In the article it says its the crown of the helmet, think the top halo ring tha can't be used to hit another player. The facemask and "hair line" will not be called.

Doesnt sound that bad, and it will keep guys healthy.

VHawk

Reaction score
Dark day for the NFL,just going to crap faster than I had ever imagined.Goodell needs to be replaced enough is enough.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It sounds like to is just offensive spearing. Still I don't like it. I fear the refs "interpretation " will be anything leading with the helmet.

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
5280Hawk":3ewx1u0s said:
Look, It wasn't even close, the OWNERS voted it in 31-1 That includes our best pal Paul.

In the article it says its the crown of the helmet, think the top halo ring tha can't be used to hit another player. The facemask and "hair line" will not be called.

The problem is that the refs will invariably not be paying full attention, see some helmet contact, and then flag it as crown of the helmet, even if it's not. Time and time again the refs screw up calls like this. I can just see the Hawks getting to the Superb Owl and the refs making a bad call on this against beastmode.

Penalties like this need to be automatically reviewed if they're going to exist at all.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
5280Hawk":nqjd5ovc said:

It doesn't sound that bad ON PAPER. In actual game situations there will be as many bogus penalties for leading with the helmet as there are bogus penalties for hitting defenseless receivers and roughing the passer.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1kytbecz said:
It sounds like to is just offensive spearing. Still I don't like it. I fear the refs "interpretation " will be anything leading with the helmet.

THIS is going to be the problem. Goddell sucks. More BS penalties. First time a back breaks a 50 yarder that gets called back, it's gonna be ugly.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The refs won't be able to accurately judge whether it is crown or not, legal or not in real time. So they'll just throw the flag if they're unsure.

Kind of like the completely legal text book hit Kam gave VD last season.

IMHO this is what this will lead too. In doubt throw the flag. Let the league decide later whether to fine or not.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I'm so disappointed with this ruling. This and the other new rules will hurt us (Niners and a few others) more than other teams. Just feeling disgusted right now that we wont be able to operate on all cylinders coming into what possibly could have been our strongest season of ALL time. Ref's will have the final interpretation which completely sickens me. Close games will swing momentum and some will be lost on these interpretations. Complete BS. It seems that Fisher is all for this ruling and why shouldn't he be? It gives the Rams something to complain about when they get abused by us and the Niners running games four times a year. This just sucks all the way around, I see NO upside to this!!! Now I'm even more pissed as I write. I hope it doesn't have the impact I think it will.

mrblitz

Reaction score
the game moves way too fast for the refs to differentiate. but the owners are obviously for it; so, go figure...