The newest new guy post!

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
How's everyone doing on this glorious Saturday morning?! Great day to be a Seahawk fan isn't it? :D

About me:

I've been lurking around these boards (living in the shadows and being an all around ninja) for about 2 years now. I started my internet forum posting career on youtube, then made the jump to espn.com (bantering back and forth in defense of the hawks with random idiots), and now I feel like I'm ready to take off the training wheels (ala Russell Wilson) step into the big-leagues and post here! I grew up in the Seattle area and I've been die hard hawks fan my whole life.

I like to think that I'm pretty even-keeled when it comes to talking about the hawks. I think this is a symptom of the high hopes I've entered every season with and the heartbreak I've felt and the crap I've taken from rival fans when things haven't gone the way I had hoped at season's end. That being said, I'm beyond proud of the team PC & JS have assembled and my hopes and expectations are at an all-time high! This has to be the greatest time to be a Seahawk fan in franchise history - I mean they've been on ESPN / NFL Network more in the last 2 months than they had in the last 2 years, it's bizarre!

Why am I here?

Very simply put, I want to learn as much about what's going on with the hawks as possible. There's a wealth of knowledge on these boards (more than I've seen in other forums, e.g. theseattletimes.com) and I want to take advantage of it! I've come to respect many of you and I hope to gain insight from you so I can go out into the real world and pass this knowledge off as though it were my own! :D I also really appreciate the way some of you can make 9'ers fans look retarded on their own forums. I live in Idaho and when I go out to the bar and talk football, I quickly discover that most people don't know or care about the hawks or the NFL in general (or they say they're Seahawk fans and I quickly discover they aren't but go along with it anyway, lol). I'm a Seahawk junky and I need my fix!

Anyway, sorry for such a lengthy post but I just wanted to give the two people who are still reading this a rundown on the new guy. lol..

GO HAWKS!

sutz

Reaction score
:2:

"lengthy post"? You got some learnin' to do son. We gots some posters that will bend your ear, so to speak, with some verbiage. :)

Beware of kearly when he says, "Just a couple of comments." You'll be reading 'til sunup. :laugh:

The Radish

Reaction score
Welcome to Seahawks.net

There is a place in the Lounge Forum to introduce yourself by the way.

But I liked your entry. Its no wonder Seahawks.com doesn't like us much as so many of their fans get tired of their crap and come over to the light. (saying credited to Susitnagal)

:les:

Sac

Reaction score
Welcome!

As a rule for all .NET newbs, you are required to start a thread in the Smack Shack titled "pehawk"

The body of the post must be generally inflammatory, contain profanity and must mention Peaches at least twice.

Again, welcome!

Throwdown

Reaction score
You have no idea what you just did to yourself, prepare yourself for unproductive days at work, and constant refreshing of the page.

Welcome though!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Welcome seaNO... This is definitely the place to get your Seahawks news. I listen to Kiro radio at work, and every time I hear "breaking Seahawks news", I whip out my smartphone to see if it's on .Net, and the news is already 3 hours old and the thread is on at least its third or fourth page. The guys/gals here are on it! :D

cacksman

Reaction score
Throwdown":25f4ele9 said:
You have no idea what you just did to yourself, prepare yourself for unproductive days at work, and constant refreshing of the page.

Welcome though!

This. Seahawks.net, helping me be unproductive in school, work, play, since the mid 2000s.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Throwdown":32zn0hkw said:

Welcome though!
Anybody else have a habit of opening a new tab and another instance of .net? Happens at least twice a day.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Welcome. Just in time to get ready for the most anticipated season in Seahawk history.

drdiags

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mercy. As you know from lurking there are some characters here but really knowledgeable as well. It is good to have more fan input, since we all see things just a little different and not everything is as important to each person.

Nice intro and I look forward to more contributions from you.

See ya around.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Welcome to your new addiction. Did you think you had it bad BEFORE you had an account? Just wait and see, especially during the season.

Latest posts