Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: What's the deal w Anthony McCoy?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:00 pm 
NET Veteran

SalishHawkFan wrote:
Out of 18 receptions he had 3 TD and 13 first downs. He was only targeted 27 times so he caught 2/3rds of the passes sent to him. I think he had a really good year for a #2 TE.

I agree, he had no more than 2-3 drops on the year ( based that off of a chart I saw a few weeks back showing drops in 2012. Delanie Walker was the worst (interesting enough alot on here wanted him) . The only one I can recall was in the Washington game. I think people are greatly exaggerating his drops. I'm excited to see what he can do in year 4.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:52 am 
NET Veteran

Your right that Walker was worse on drops but he is an example of the blocking style TE. That is where his threat is and he does it to a level you can justify having him on the field even not being a receiving threat. McCoy is more of a pass catching TE that is not elite in blocking so saying Walker drops more is true but not a good measuring stick.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 am 
NET Starter

jlwaters1 wrote:
Seaswab wrote:
that wasn't his first drop, come on

How many do you suppose he had? He had no more than 2-3 on the year. I can only think of the Redskins drop specifically. He had one bad one in the pre-season.

I think people have an overblown impression that he dropped a bunch last year. It is true he had the drops the last several years but this year he fixed it for the most part.

Interestingly enough- alot of you wante D. WALKER the H-back from SF, who lead ALL TE's in drops he had 7 (on just 20 or so catches. MCcoy wasn't even on the list so he had no more than 3 drops this year with roughly the exact same catches as Walker)

Roughly the exact? hmmm..

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]