What's the deal w Anthony McCoy?

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
McCoy was soooo clutch in the 2nd half of the year.. I really like the direction he's going. He is such a threat, especially in 2 TE sets when the defense is focused on Miller. What's McCoys contract situation like? How long is his contract and how much is he getting paid?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
According to http://www.rotoworld.com/, he's scheduled to be paid $630,000 this year, the last year of his rookie 4-yr contract. He will be a FA in 2014.

Bookmark that link. I use it all the time to get NFL contract information.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":2809vbsh said:
McCoy was soooo clutch in the 2nd half of the year.. I really like the direction he's going. He is such a threat, especially in 2 TE sets when the defense is focused on Miller. What's McCoys contract situation like? How long is his contract and how much is he getting paid?
I felt he was improving as well, but I didn't see enough to say he's clutch (drop against Redskins which could have been a TD?) or a threat. If the defense is worried about Miller, then it's Miller who's the threat. McCoy is just the beneficiary of 2 tightend sets where he can run uncovered making receptions with no one around him.

Axx

Reaction score
his run blocking actually worries me, im the Atlanta game he was driven back a few yards by the DE's on RUNNING plays....

Mojambo

Reaction score
I think he's tremendously overrated by some around here.

When Cameron Morragh was healthy he was playing circles around McCoy. And Morragh isn't really a worldbeater himself.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Give the guy a break. He had one drop vs. the Redskins and y'all forget he actually had a very good year for us. He's not the fastest guy for certain, but he was very reliable.

nsport

Reaction score
I loved McCoy's swagger... that little skip hop he does during presnap motion has got to annoy the hell out of the defense.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Out of 18 receptions he had 3 TD and 13 first downs. He was only targeted 27 times so he caught 2/3rds of the passes sent to him. I think he had a really good year for a #2 TE.

Jville

Reaction score
Axx":19t5ntlu said:
his run blocking actually worries me, im the Atlanta game he was driven back a few yards by the DE's on RUNNING plays....

Is that because he still lacks the necessary initial quickness and is sooooo slow at releasing with the snap of the ball? Does it have something to do with why such a big man continues to struggle at pushing smaller opponents around?

Anthony McCoy logged zero (0) special teams snaps. That is a big negative indicator going forward.

Anthony McCoy became and remains the #2 TE of record by way of default.

IMO ... Competition is needed for the #2 & #3 tight end positions.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I view his as a depth guy. I have no faith in him in the clutch. I suspect he drops to #3 in depth when we draft someone.

drdiags

Reaction score
I like McCoy. He is a good 3rd TE, trying to break into a 2nd TE role. Winslow didn't make the squad for some TBD reason, so McCoy had to step up with Morrah on the DL. If you can find a good TE in the draft, do it. He is a decent #3 TE. Better than McGrath though a healthy Morrah probably would play before him.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I really want a better #2 TE. Would love to grab a TE in the 2nd or 3rd. I like Reed, Ecobar, Kelce, and McDonald as logical prospects.

Tical21

Reaction score
McCoy is one of the better #2 TE's in the game, and if push came to shove and we needed the money, I would feel confident saving almost ten million by starting him and releasing Miller. McCoy is an above average blocker at the position as well as an adequate receiver. If we used the TE more, I wouldn't feel the same way, but Miller had 38 catches during the season. McCoy could step in and catch 35 for 1/10th of the price. There are barely any TE's available on the market that would be an upgrade at #2, and just about all of them would cost more money. I love McCoy's value at his price. No reason to pay more for a guy that is going to catch 20 balls at most.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Tical21":2rkujc17 said:
McCoy is one of the better #2 TE's in the game, and if push came to shove and we needed the money, I would feel confident saving almost ten million by starting him and releasing Miller. McCoy is an above average blocker at the position as well as an adequate receiver. If we used the TE more, I wouldn't feel the same way, but Miller had 38 catches during the season. McCoy could step in and catch 35 for 1/10th of the price. There are barely any TE's available on the market that would be an upgrade at #2, and just about all of them would cost more money. I love McCoy's value at his price. No reason to pay more for a guy that is going to catch 20 balls at most.

This is kind of how I feel. I'm not quite as confident, but I think we draft someone, have them compete for 1 & 2, hoping the rookie wins out number one, and then save some cash by letting Miller go. I'm just as fine if we keep Miller. Dude was not there ALL year, but he made some pretty sick plays down the stretch.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I just watched the home Rams game again. A drop, a TD killing OPI, a hold that cost us a 50 yard play to FG range...and slow as hell.

Another TE, please.

Zer0veritas

Reaction score
I hear a lot of talk about drafting a pass catching TE like that is a big need but the Seahawks Highlight Reels are full of Great plays from Wilson to McCoy. With as much as the Hawks run the ball we are never going to have a Gronkowski or Hernandez type of TE who gets those amount of targets. Esspecially because we are a WCO and rely on our recievers to fill that role.

I believe that McCoy has done an amazing job going up and catching the ball and he is still young and will only get better like the rest of our young guys.

I just thought I would post this because I never hear anyone make this argument when discussing our TE options.

Latest posts