Seahawks are gonna run spinner

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
According to Pat Kirwin (Pete's buddy).

In obvious passing situations Clemons and Avril on the ends, Bennet lining up over the nose, and Irvin being the spinner. Irvin rushing the passer from a stand up position anywhere along the line. They will move Irvin all over creating a ton of pressure on the opponent's offensive line. Especially at home where they can't make line calls do to the 12th man.

Can't wait for Clemons to heal up so we can see this frenzied package!

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I just got a huge woody. This is going to be so much fun to watch. I know this sounds so homerish, but pete is a freaking genious. I can see irvin lining up behind those guys and stunting all over the place. I am giddy.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2yrict0g said:
I thought this thread was about something else.

Not my choice of words. It is what Kirwan called it. He has special insight into Carroll's thinking and coaching philosophy.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Isn't that essentially what Bruce did in college? Should suit him nicely.

Atradees

Reaction score
This is what they do in Green Bay with Mathews. They call it "Psycho". I thought
that would be a good move with Irvin. In my opinion he has speed and linebacker
size and this would suit him better than any DE position.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We can rest assured that Pete and Company will test several "rush scenerios" during TC and Preseason. I'm looking forward as to which will work the best....then again, he may not want to "show their hand" in Preseason.

McGruff

Reaction score
smashmouth59":95wamxdc said:
I just got a huge woody.

Really . . . Cause no football news has ever been so good as to cause that reaction for me . . .

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
McGruff":2yoth79b said:
smashmouth59":2yoth79b said:
I just got a huge woody.

Really . . . Cause no football news has ever been so good as to cause that reaction for me . . .
maybe it was the spinner reference...?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
smashmouth59":26ejgpt2 said:
I just got a huge woody. This is going to be so much fun to watch. I know this sounds so homerish, but pete is a freaking genious. I can see irvin lining up behind those guys and stunting all over the place. I am giddy.

Dude, for real. CHANGE OF SHORTS, AISLE 3! :oops:

This has serious potential. Can't wait. Thanks for the update, Dom.

Axx

Reaction score
its only a matter of time until the haters say we have a gimmicky special teams (fake punts), offense, and defense!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Axx":1tthim5p said:
its only a matter of time until the haters say we have a gimmicky special teams (fake punts), offense, and defense!

Just point them to the 2012 Rams. That was gimmicky. Also clever, and effective. : /

Starrman44

Reaction score
How in the world did Kirwan (or whatever his name is) go and stick us with "Spinner". I mean, the Giants have that NASCAR thing (kinda manly), Green Bay has Psycho (intimidating) and we get "Spinner?" Conjures up house parties in the 70s or something. What was he doing drawing straws between that and "Flipper?"

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I love the concept the possiblity's I think Avril and Irvin could fill this role both have the agility and speed to work thru the line to find the gaps into the backfield. Who ever is at the DE spot i could see big holes opening up on which ever side Avril/Irvin line up on their speed and jump off the snap should cause tackles to play catch up, opening up a lane for blitz the i would think.

kearly

Reaction score
Next season is going to be ridiculously fun.

Latest posts