Blast from the Past: The 1977 Seattle Seahawks

NYCoug

Reaction score
Stumbled upon this on facebook and figured some might people appreciate it here. Might help kill the time at work. Long before the Hawks were everyone's preseason #1, they were still the coolest franchise to ever grace the NFL!

Man, I'd kill to hear John Facenda narrate the 2012 Seahawks NFL Films video. What a voice. The NFL needs another John Facenda.

[youtube]wjoM8Vfd12s[/youtube]

Hawknballs

Reaction score
my christmas gift this year from my dad was a game ball from 1978 signed by the whole team, since that was the year I was born. Pretty cool to have those largent/zorn sigz.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
man i miss that walk up the parking ramp-like walkways to the first level.... was always so excited to finally get to the first door in and step through and see the field

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2z7hsykc said:
my christmas gift this year from my dad was a game ball from 1978 signed by the whole team, since that was the year I was born. Pretty cool to have those largent/zorn sigz.

That's dad of the year material right there. Awesome gift from pops!

Darrenv17":2z7hsykc said:
wow i was 11 yrs old then.........thanks for the post.

I was 10... years from being born. Even though I wasn't even a thought in the grand scheme of life, I still love watching all the old Seahawks clips about as much as anything current. Glad you liked the video, Darren!

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":3rgoyjev said:
funny i posted this with a similar title a few months ago.

Just tryin to follow in your footsteps Kitsap :th2thumbs:

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":1mbfqsih said:
Sherman smith is like watching marshawn lynch.

That's exactly what I said. Too bad Al Hunter was sporting #24 that year. I guess the stars couldn't come into complete alignment to make that happen.

But c'mon these guys only went 5-9! LoL

dunceface

Reaction score
I cried manly tears of pride.
If not for that season we may not have stuck around as he eluded to near the end there

I also couldnt help but notice the similarities between that film and last season
Love watching these classics from when I was -5

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was 9 years old and that was truly the year I became a die-hard Seahawks fan. I never dreamed of the day we would have Russell Wilson as our QB but holy crapsticks here he is. Here comes the Super Bowl Championship! Whoo!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Man oh Man, does this ever bring back memories. This was the greatest year for sports for me. I was 10 and was introduced to my favorite team playing my favorite team sport and also introduced to a Triple Crown winner in horse racing, the great Seattle Slew.
Sherman Smith, Zorn, Largent.....Sigh. :th2thumbs:

Great year that affected me the rest of my life.

Largent80

Reaction score
This was the year I moved to Wash. State. I had became a Hawk fan while watching them play the Rams at L.A. collesium the previous year. Fun times with that team. We lost a lot of games but it was entertaining.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
"The Seattle Seahawks, joined the National Football League in 1976. Proud legions of Pacific Northwest sports fans flocked to Seattle's new Kingdome, to see if their newborn team could hold it's own, in the National Football Conference. First year expansion teams rarely play well, but in 1976 the Seahawks marched to a different drum, winning twice, while earning respect throughout the NFC. But could Seattle's rosy-faced youngsters survive a deadly American Football Conference schedule in '77? Would the Seahawks still have their bite against Denver, Oakland, Baltimore, and the rest of the AFC's superior, young football teams? In 1977, Seattle joined the rugged AFC. Many predicted this team would have trouble matching it's 2 wins of '76. Instead, the Seahawks won more games than any 2nd year club in NFL history. This is their story."

*Cue the majestic music*

Now I'm ready to have a great day!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":1vh1bss4 said:
We lost a lot of games but it was entertaining.
Yes, they sure were fun to watch. While not in 77, the trick plays w/Zorn and Herrera were classic!
Seattle may have lost quite a few games back then but they were damned fun to watch and pulled off some mighty upsets.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I remember that year, especially Sims and Smith.

They were so knew, I was still enamored by the uniforms and used to imitate Largent by catching the ball and falling like I was diving for a pass.

I broke my wrist and my imaginary career was finished for the season. My QB, Charlie, had to play Largent, while my left handed throw fit the Zorn model well. Good thing I was naturally left handed.

Man was I bummed when the playoffs started and my mom had to explain to me that only a few teams made it and the Hawks weren't one of them. LONG offseason that year. When you are 10, a year is forever.

Rainger

Reaction score
I have all of these for every season other than 83,05,07,10 and 11. I wish there was some way i could share them all on this site.

If the Mods tell me a way to share these year in reviews of the hawks i would be willing to do it.

dunceface

Reaction score
rainger":sfih3uxa said:
I have all of these for every season other than 83,05,07,10 and 11. I wish there was some way i could share them all on this site.

If the Mods tell me a way to share these year in reviews of the hawks i would be willing to do it.

I WOULD DOWNLOAD THE SHIT OUTTA THAT!!!