"the Seahawks have SB48 written all over them"

A

Anonymous

C'mon Greg, you forgot the "Dripping with talent, the Seahawks..." part.

That's the most satisfying part of the last sentence.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
So much media positivity......I can't handle it! :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Meh, this guy lists under Minnesota's defensive overview how the loss of Harvin will impact them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":ny647dfr said:
Meh, this guy lists under Minnesota's defensive overview how the loss of Harvin will impact them.

Not saying that he was saying this, but losing an offensive weapon that helps you move the chains and keep the ball on the offensive side DOES hurt the defense by making them spend more time on the field. Again, not putting words in the writers mouth, he could have just erred in his writing, but there can be a ring of truth to that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought maybe the Seahawks got drunk at a party, and somebody with a sharpie punked them, but nope, it was an article about the best roster in football.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
All of this Hawks attention gives me great satisfaction and excitement, and also at the same time freaks me out. I'm not used to this. Since when did the rest of the country realize we have a NFL team in Seattle?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kidhawk":22cy9tcg said:
SalishHawkFan":22cy9tcg said:

Not saying that he was saying this, but losing an offensive weapon that helps you move the chains and keep the ball on the offensive side DOES hurt the defense by making them spend more time on the field. Again, not putting words in the writers mouth, he could have just erred in his writing, but there can be a ring of truth to that.
Remember when we would get dissed by the media and they'd have some other team they liked and they didn't know the first thing about our team and got stuff wrong? We knew they were idiots just following the current "it" team like sheep.

Now we're the current "it" team, but the guy's still an idiot sheep.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If we are continuing to look strong in August, then the Prime Time schedulers will take notice and we could be on two Sunday Night Football programs and at least one Monday Night game! :th2thumbs:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I just hope we remember all this love when the inevitable 'why do the media hate us?' thread crops up in October because some guy said our kick off's were sloppy or something.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
You know it's gonna happen, so so just chill with your 'cup a tea and a buh-uh-fly' :mrgreen:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1nqhyedu said:
I just hope we remember all this love when the inevitable 'why do the media hate us?' thread crops up in October because some guy said our kick off's were sloppy or something.

They won't. We'll have to do some pointing out/shaming.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I hate it !

Wait, I love it !

Gah, can someone tell me how to handle this media love ?

zhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":36wwlued said:
If we are continuing to look strong in August, then the Prime Time schedulers will take notice and we could be on two Sunday Night Football programs and at least one Monday Night game! :th2thumbs:

dream on.... have you bumped your head? :229031_confused2:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
zhawk":31ocoqxx said:
Bigpumpkin":31ocoqxx said:

dream on.... have you bumped your head? :229031_confused2:

Three "National" prime time broadcasts....count on it! :thirishdrinkers:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was sort of worried about the attention they are getting, but there is no way that this team lets it get to their play. Not with RW and the level of hunger on these guys. They know what they have to do to win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We, the Seahawks fan base, need to stop being so insecure about media attention. Christ, we are looking like what 49ers fans think we are; a bunch of fresh noobs to the spotlight, a franchise that has been irrelevant its entire existence, whose fans have no idea how to handle success. Let's enjoy the spotlight, yes? Did heavy media attention prevent the Giants, who are in NYC of all places, from winning a couple Super Bowls a few years apart? How about the Patriots? The 49ers back in the 80s/early 90s? No, I didn't think so.

Let's act like something other than 18-year-olds going to a 5-star restaurant for the first time, yes?

Enjoy the media love. Thrive on it. Know it's earned, and let's mentally prepare ourselves for what looks to be a fantastic season later this year.

HawkHack

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39uybz13 said:
We, the Seahawks fan base, need to stop being so insecure about media attention. Christ, we are looking like what 49ers fans think we are; a bunch of fresh noobs to the spotlight, a franchise that has been irrelevant its entire existence, whose fans have no idea how to handle success. Let's enjoy the spotlight, yes? Did heavy media attention prevent the Giants, who are in NYC of all places, from winning a couple Super Bowls a few years apart? How about the Patriots? The 49ers back in the 80s/early 90s? No, I didn't think so.

Let's act like something other than 18-year-olds going to a 5-star restaurant for the first time, yes?

Enjoy the media love. Thrive on it. Know it's earned, and let's mentally prepare ourselves for what looks to be a fantastic season later this year.

I think all of us have seen hyped teams fail to live up to the expectations. Then, instead of ignoring you, the national media snicker, and chuckle, and write heavy articles about What Went Wrong with the Seahawks.

I'd rather continue to fly under the radar until we have a sustained level of success. We simply don't have that yet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkHack":es9szwmt said:
I think all of us have seen hyped teams fail to live up to the expectations. Then, instead of ignoring you, the national media snicker, and chuckle, and write heavy articles about What Went Wrong with the Seahawks.

I'd rather continue to fly under the radar until we have a sustained level of success. We simply don't have that yet.

Of course; but I've never seen the Seahawks in a state like this. Definitely not in the off-season leading up to our 2005 season. We are not sliding this year, and I'll guarantee it. I've NEVER felt this way about the Seahawks. Even when I've hoped, it was more of a nervous hope. Not now. I'm not guaranteeing how far all go in the playoffs, but we're not getting less than 11 wins this year.

dunceface

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":lp74n2nx said:
HawkHack":lp74n2nx said:

Of course; but I've never seen the Seahawks in a state like this. Definitely not in the off-season leading up to our 2005 season. We are not sliding this year, and I'll guarantee it. I've NEVER felt this way about the Seahawks. Even when I've hoped, it was more of a nervous hope. Not now. I'm not guaranteeing how far all go in the playoffs, but we're not getting less than 11 wins this year.

Agreed. I have always been so superstitious over the years for that exact reason!
Nowadays it feels much more sure because of the level of talent and dedication these players are playing with. GO HAWKS!