Feel that 'ol bandwagon tide coming in? lol

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• We are Seattle.

80 percent of the fans are bandwagon.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Throwdown wrote:IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.

lol. Winning the Super Bowl one week, and taking the number one pick in the draft the next. That stuff is epic.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Ok, i guess I'll be a Seahawks fan too. Is there room for me on the bandwagon?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:Ok, i guess I'll be a Seahawks fan too. Is there room for me on the bandwagon?

nope

;)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I like it and hate it. The noise it creates when this kind of exposure brings the bandwagoners out which sucks kinda, but it also brings Seahawks football to the eyes of future little Seahawk fans. Living up here in the PNW, we already have to deal with stupid whiner and faider fans who claim they were fans "before Seattle had a team" and they probably already polluted this area with their demon seed (and fandom). Bring it on I say, if nothing else it creates a buzz and that alone to me is fun!
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• AF_Hawk wrote:I like it and hate it. The noise it creates when this kind of exposure brings the bandwagoners out which sucks kinda, but it also brings Seahawks football to the eyes of future little Seahawk fans. Living up here in the PNW, we already have to deal with stupid whiner and faider fans who claim they were fans "before Seattle had a team" and they probably already polluted this area with their demon seed (and fandom). Bring it on I say, if nothing else it creates a buzz and that alone to me is fun!

I only hate it.

Nothing good comes from distracting extraneous media attention and expectations.........especially for a young team like the Hawks.

It's going to be a challenge for Pete to keep this team grounded and focused in 2013. I much prefer the underdog role to the front runner role.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Welcome to all.

Who knows what the ride will bring? A lot of pain, joy and pride over the years. Just waiting to see if I can get a taste of what it feels like seeing the guys raising the Lombardi. Just buried my brother-in-law, a lifelong Bills fan, who went early due to the big "C".

4 chances missed with the aim of a kicker denying him that feeling. I hope as many as possible are able to witness this. No guarantees. Don't forget to hoist one for the brudas that aren't there.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• bmorepunk wrote:If you're older than 30 a good test of whether or not you were a bandwagon fan is if you were still with the team when John Elway consistently destroyed it. I still have nightmares about Horse Face and that stupid smile.

I guess this team can have bandwagon fans if you look at how successful they have been over the last decade. Before that...ugh.

Yeah,, the Horse face and those huge teeth. Wyman or someone like Terry Wooden chasing him out of bounds and right before he goes out, he wings the ball 50 yards downfield to a wide open Vance Johnson for the late score.

Now mind you, sometimes Stormin Norm would nail a game winner on the following drive, but sometimes he didn't..

DOH! Damn I used to truly hate that Elway.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:Ok, i guess I'll be a Seahawks fan too. Is there room for me on the bandwagon?

sorry... its looks like its kinda full right now

therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Ok, i guess I'll be a Seahawks fan too. Is there room for me on the bandwagon?

sorry... its looks like its kinda full right now

We're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Was a casual Seahawk fan for maybe a year or two until I moved back to Seattle in Jun 2012. Promised myself upon moving back I would buy season tickets, I did, and got treated to an undefeated home game record (including preseason games). I already renewed my season tix for next year. Am I band wagon fan?
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

• gspin2k1 wrote:Was a casual Seahawk fan for maybe a year or two until I moved back to Seattle in Jun 2012. Promised myself upon moving back I would buy season tickets, I did, and got treated to an undefeated home game record (including preseason games). I already renewed my season tix for next year. Am I band wagon fan?

Yes
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• ivotuk wrote:Man, I remember stumbling across this site, summer of 2004 I think it was. It was my first attempt at finding a Seahawk forum and I found a bunch but after reading through all of them, I knew which one I liked, problem was, I forgot the name of it and didn't save the link. So I had to do some digging an I remember being a little bit anxious that I wasn't going to find it again. Once I did though, I was stuck here, like a Remora, stuck to the bottom of a Stingray, helplessly, and happily following along where ever it took me.

To those that are new, welcome aboard, we look forward to your input and ideas. :th2thumbs:

I know what you mean, I remember stumbling across this site, well before it became .net that is, back in 2001 when I was living in Hong Kong. I searched high and low for a fan forum.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but the site back in the day split, with Aros taking over this site.

With him as well as a few old timers this has become the best place for Hawks fans to gather on the net
    AshamanMat
    NET Starter

• All this whining about band wagon fans. You have no idea until later.

Get on the ground floor with those of us that approve new members.

Now that's sometimes weird.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Throwdown wrote:IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I've been paying close attention (watching every game, knowing as many stats as possible) to the hawks since 2000 (I considered myself a fan before that but that's when I started playing h.s. football and knew what the hell was going on, lol) and I used to think we were going to win the Superbowl if we won a game or I'd think that we were eternally doomed if we lost. It was like I had a case of seahawk bipolarism - but I was really just naive (more GREEN than blue, haha).. I think it's a natural progression - you get to the point where you've seen enough scenerios play out - for better or worse - that you start understanding that you can't gauge a team and where they stand in the grand scheme of things in any given week.. That being said, I still get that over-excited "we're the best team to lace 'em up" feeling after a win but now I'm smart enough (maybe experienced enough is a better way of putting it, lol) to keep it in perspective.

As my old coach used to say, "Focus on the task at hand, forget old results, and move on to what's next."

Then again this is my 3rd post so I'm not sure if I qualify for such bold proclamations about what a real fan is! :)
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad

• Some of you seem unclear what a bandwagon, or "fair weather" fan is. It's simply someone that only cheers and pays attention to the team when they're winning. In the sucky seasons they go AWOL, while die-hards suffer along with our team through every soul-crushing defeat. Some die-hards feel they've earned the glory of a winning season as a result of all their suffering, and feel the bandwagon fans don't deserve it because they didn't earn it. I'm not one of them. I say the more the merrier! Climb aboard and make some noise, there's plenty of room! And I freely admit that I am a fair-weather Mariners fan. When they're kickin' ass, I'm all in. When they suck, like they have the last decade-plus, I don't watch any of their games, ever. But if this upcoming season turns out like some are saying it will, I'll dust off my old Edgar Martinez authentic jersey and hop on. But they'll still suck... again...

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• I've always been under the impression that a bandwagon fan is someone who changes allegiances to teams from week to week and season to season. A fair weather fan is someone who doesn't necessarily change which team they root for but they only care about a team with passing interest (say they're in the playoffs or made a big comeback and it's on sportscenter or something) and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Some die-hards can become hostile towards those they perceive has being an inferior fan because they feel they've invested more time, energy, and emotion than the other guy.. "How dare they try and take part in this glorious moment when they haven't endured the tragic defeats?!" I think right there is where people can chill out.. If you're a die hard then you KNOW how ecstatic you feel when things are going good so why would you even care what the other guy feels? You know it's not as sweet for them as it is for you! So I say sign up / hop on the wagon and get while the gettin is good because every extra seahawk fan is one less potential 9'er fan, and say it with me - GO HAWKS!!!
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad

• seaNOmercy wrote:I've always been under the impression that a bandwagon fan is someone who changes allegiances to teams from week to week and season to season. A fair weather fan is someone who doesn't necessarily change which team they root for but they only care about a team with passing interest (say they're in the playoffs or made a big comeback and it's on sportscenter or something) and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Some die-hards can become hostile towards those they perceive has being an inferior fan because they feel they've invested more time, energy, and emotion than the other guy.. "How dare they try and take part in this glorious moment when they haven't endured the tragic defeats?!" I think right there is where people can chill out.. If you're a die hard then you KNOW how ecstatic you feel when things are going good so why would you even care what the other guy feels? You know it's not as sweet for them as it is for you! So I say sign up / hop on the wagon and get while the gettin is good because every extra seahawk fan is one less potential 9'er fan, and say it with me - GO HAWKS!!!

You're basically describing the same kind of fan with 2 different words.

But as Bill says, the original band wagon fan is one who really owes no allegience to any team. Kind of like ninnir fans. There have been thousands of them wouldn't be caught dead being a fan until the last 2 years when they are winning again.

Seahawks have lots of those. People that would never have come here or mentioned the Seahawks. Now they are showing up in droves pretending they are knowledgable football fans when in reality they are goggle exspurts.

But it takes all kinds of fans to support a team through various times. You just need to expect it and take them with a grain of salt. After all they are here until the next losing season when its "oh the same old Seahawks" and they go of the map again.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Besides Radish needs the exercise kicking them out of here occationally to get his heart rate up and polish his boots.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The Radish wrote:
    seaNOmercy wrote:I've always been under the impression that a bandwagon fan is someone who changes allegiances to teams from week to week and season to season. A fair weather fan is someone who doesn't necessarily change which team they root for but they only care about a team with passing interest (say they're in the playoffs or made a big comeback and it's on sportscenter or something) and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Some die-hards can become hostile towards those they perceive has being an inferior fan because they feel they've invested more time, energy, and emotion than the other guy.. "How dare they try and take part in this glorious moment when they haven't endured the tragic defeats?!" I think right there is where people can chill out.. If you're a die hard then you KNOW how ecstatic you feel when things are going good so why would you even care what the other guy feels? You know it's not as sweet for them as it is for you! So I say sign up / hop on the wagon and get while the gettin is good because every extra seahawk fan is one less potential 9'er fan, and say it with me - GO HAWKS!!!

You're basically describing the same kind of fan with 2 different words.

But as Bill says, the original band wagon fan is one who really owes no allegience to any team. Kind of like ninnir fans. There have been thousands of them wouldn't be caught dead being a fan until the last 2 years when they are winning again.

Seahawks have lots of those. People that would never have come here or mentioned the Seahawks. Now they are showing up in droves pretending they are knowledgable football fans when in reality they are goggle exspurts.

But it takes all kinds of fans to support a team through various times. You just need to expect it and take them with a grain of salt. After all they are here until the next losing season when its "oh the same old Seahawks" and they go of the map again.

The distinction I was making was that a bandwagon fan CHANGES teams as it suites them and a fairweather fan roots for ONE team as it suites them. That's why I used 2 different words, that subtle difference makes them distinct from one another. Maybe I should have omitted the word "necessarily" in my description of a fairweather fan but I thought it was pretty clear what I was getting at. The point was entirely moot to begin with as I was just rewording what BlueThunder said... It would have been easier to just say, "Why would a die-hard fan care?".

On to the next thread!
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad

• seaNOmercy wrote:The distinction I was making was that a bandwagon fan CHANGES teams as it suites them and a fairweather fan roots for ONE team as it suites them. That's why I used 2 different words, that subtle difference makes them distinct from one another. Maybe I should have omitted the word "necessarily" in my description of a fairweather fan but I thought it was pretty clear what I was getting at. The point was entirely moot to begin with as I was just rewording what BlueThunder said... It would have been easier to just say, "Why would a die-hard fan care?".

On to the next thread!

to put it more simply:

Bandwagon fan - supports whoever is winning (so would have supported the Pats, Colts, Saints, Packers etc over last decade)
    Fairweather fan - only supports their team when it is winning but doesn't care about football any other time (niner fans)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

this entire board goes into meltdown every time we lose
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Oh man, I hate the type of bandwagon fan that just floats around to the latest powerhouse team so they can quasi-celebrate the championship game every year. It's like they never want to experience defeat... I mean it sucks when your team is mediocre, but that's what true allegiance is... sticking with 'em through thick and thin. I don't even understand the mindset of that type of "fan". The 49er dynasty years is a perfect example. They had millions of those types all around the country. Along with them just buying championships in the pre-salary cap years, that's where my deep-rooted hatred of that team began, way before the Seahawks even joined the NFC. And no, Niners fans, this isn't a thread to argue about buying championships...

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• themunn wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.

Incorrect. Most of us are level headed. A lot of game day only posters like Toronto or Mcbobly do have toddler meltdowns.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.

Incorrect. Most of us are level headed. A lot of game day only posters like Toronto or Mcbobly do have toddler meltdowns.

Most of the game day only posters go into meltdown if we go behind at any point. I wish the game day forum posts didn't disappear forever, topics from the end of the first quarter against the Bears, Rams and Redskins would make some good light reading when I feel down
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• If you think the game day posts are bad you should see the game day chat.

The very definition of bi-polar.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Oh well all you superior fans that don't meltdown during games.

I frickin freak out. Always have, always will.

I guess that makes those of us bandwagoners.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I had season tickets in 76 and still do, but just found this board lately, do I qualify as bandwagoner?

Hunter :lol:
    HUNTER
    NET Bench Warmer

• yo yo wuts good maafoos bandwagon or not i been a fan since the ricky waters..waren moon era oh kennedy was the shiitt...its takeover time y shut down incoming fans lol..lets goo SEAhawks :2:
    hawkersuppp23
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawkersuppp23 wrote:yo yo wuts good maafoos bandwagon or not i been a fan since the ricky waters..waren moon era oh kennedy was the shiitt...its takeover time y shut down incoming fans lol..lets goo SEAhawks :2:

this guy sounds like a niner spy
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:
    hawkersuppp23 wrote:yo yo wuts good maafoos bandwagon or not i been a fan since the ricky waters..waren moon era oh kennedy was the shiitt...its takeover time y shut down incoming fans lol..lets goo SEAhawks :2:

lets goo SEAhawks! hahahahahahaha

Snazel is that you? Or is it Dave?

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• It's too bad this forum doesn't keep old posts.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• The Radish wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:
    hawkersuppp23 wrote:yo yo wuts good maafoos bandwagon or not i been a fan since the ricky waters..waren moon era oh kennedy was the shiitt...its takeover time y shut down incoming fans lol..lets goo SEAhawks :2:

lets goo SEAhawks! hahahahahahaha

Snazel is that you? Or is it Dave?

Yeah, I know huh? I mean, I love my Seahawks, but not enough to "goo" 'em... Sheesh... :mrgreen:

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Just going to make resale tickets even more expensive. I will definitely have to get them when they go on sale this year at Seahawks.com.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• So since I'm so new, I'm a bandwagon fan, but I wasn't screaming for Flynn every time we lost a game early on in the season. So where does that put me? level-headed bandwagon fan?
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    themunn wrote:

Man you really gotta see Fox0r in the chat, that stuff is COMEDY!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I'm kind of new here. My first post was after the Dolphins game and I DECLARED that the Seahawks would beat the Bears. Everyone thought I was on crack and laughed at me :(.
    gadgor
    NET Practice Squad

• gadgor wrote:I'm kind of new here. My first post was after the Dolphins game and I DECLARED that the Seahawks would beat the Bears. Everyone thought I was on crack and laughed at me :(.

Its okay, I said we would lose again after that... No one wanted to believe me.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• gspin2k1 wrote:So since I'm so new, I'm a bandwagon fan, but I wasn't screaming for Flynn every time we lost a game early on in the season. So where does that put me? level-headed bandwagon fan?

Can't call newbies bandwagonaires cause we don't know their team backgrounds. For now we're just happy to have you here with us.

:th2thumbs:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Previous

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information