"Championship off-season"

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I've lost track of the number of Seahawks (players/coaches/etc) I've heard using this phrase in interviews, on Twitter, Facebook, etc. It's clear that is the central off-season theme. I've heard it recently from Carroll, Schneider, Wilson, Baldwin and Thomas to name a few.

I like it; I like the buy in.

:th2thumbs:

PGunning101

Reaction score
Russell Wilson said it in the press conference after the Falcons loss, or very shortly thereafter. Within a day. It caught on from there.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this was the challenge PC/JS put to the players individually during their season-ending interviews (to have a "championship off-season"). That's what I recall hearing/reading somewhere.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1tgq9a1p said:
I'm pretty sure this was the challenge PC/JS put to the guys during their season-ending interviews (to have a "championship off-season"). That's what I recall hearing/reading somewhere.

Yes, but coaches say stuff like that all the time. To see the buy in, and to me it sounds legit, is awesome.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":223i66hp said:
DavidSeven":223i66hp said:
I'm pretty sure this was the challenge PC/JS put to the guys during their season-ending interviews (to have a "championship off-season"). That's what I recall hearing/reading somewhere.

Yes, but coaches say stuff like that all the time. To see the buy in, and to me it sounds legit, is awesome.

Agreed.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Just don't want anybody calling is the Dream Team. We know how that turns out. Stay away, Vince Young!!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
It's easy to go undefeated in the off season, but last thing knew nobody's handing out trophies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aye, I actually think this is from Wilson himself. (I remember he's where I first heard it from; but what I mean is, I don't think Papa Pete put him up to it.)

Love it.