New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the block by Red last year that led to the Sherman TD would have been legal under the new "over-load" rule, was more than 6 defenders on the holders side for the play in question?

Reaction score
I think he got a push too from somebody behind him, so, yeah, it would be...I think.

Reaction score
After checking out my video, yup, the we overloaded the right side, and Big Red got some push from behind from Maragos...so, yup, I believe it wouldn't have counted under the new rules. It'll be interesting to see how this effects the field goal coverage team...

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Dumb, what injuries occurred to cause this rule change? Pathetic, so much for creative special teams play calling.

Starrman44

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: May as well get rid of extra points, too. Why take a chance on someone getting hurt in the mosh pit that ensues after the snap. Wouldn't want the guy coming around the end and laying out to break a rib when he lands on the ground. Couldn't we get a foam pad to lay down in front of the kicker so the guy has a nice cushy place to land. :sarcasm_off:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Starrman44":32rw6z35 said:
:sarcasm_on: May as well get rid of extra points, too. Why take a chance on someone getting hurt in the mosh pit that ensues after the snap. Wouldn't want the guy coming around the end and laying out to break a rib when he lands on the ground. Couldn't we get a foam pad to lay down in front of the kicker so the guy has a nice cushy place to land. :sarcasm_off:
You know, you're onto something. Shouldn't we make the whole football field out of a nice cushy pad? And underneath all their equipment, the players should be wearing soft, thick, cushy pads. Those two things alone would not only help absorb the impact, it would slow the players down enough that the impacts wouldn't be so great to begin with.
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Winterfell

Reaction score
I think owners and head coaches around the league see how scary good the Seahawks are going to be next season so they're trying to do everything they can, even if it's "subtle policy changes" to bring us down as a team...

I mean, Red Bryant has been among the best in the league the past few years at blocking FGs, right? And as a team, our special teams unit has been beastly, right? With how our defense plays and how stingy we are with allowing points, even a FG could be do-or-die against us.

This new kicking rule is just another thing that can potentially take away from a dynamic playmaking part of our team.

The Radish

Reaction score
Its been against the rules for years for one player to help another physically.

Find some way to put some extra excitement in the game and they will make a rule against it.

:les:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Radish":1n15fdgl said:

Find some way to put some extra excitement in the game and they will make a rule against it.

Welcome to Rog Goodell's NFL!

RG apologists chiming in.....in 3....2.....1....

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21qa9tqo said:
The Radish":21qa9tqo said:

Welcome to Rog Goodell's NFL!

RG apologists chiming in.....in 3....2.....1....

Yea, because Rog is just waiving his magic wand and invoking new rules left and right **POOF** LET IT BE SO!

Blame these guys, they're the competition (rules) committee:

Co-Chair: Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons)
Co-Chair: Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams)
- Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers)
- Ken Whisenhunt (Arizona Cardinals)
- Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys)
- Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
- John Mara (New York Giants)
- Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
- Rick Smith (Houston Texans)

Or blame Paul Allen and the other 31 owners. They're the one's who approve the new rules.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3pqetyea said:
Yea, because Rog is just waiving his magic wand and invoking new rules left and right **POOF** LET IT BE SO!

Stop being such a mindless apologist, J. Geez. Sports Hernia can't be wrong.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zgdw6is said:
JSeahawks":2zgdw6is said:

Stop being such a mindless apologist, J. Geez. Sports Hernia can't be wrong.
Bitter party of one? Come on R, don't let our battles in the PWR forum carry over to this one, please?. I thought you had the capability to be able to separate that forum from the others, I'm hoping you prove that to be true. I view that forum like Vegas, what happens there stays there!

And FWIW, outside of J being a Duck, and fan of Rog, ;) I have no problems with him and he does a good job as a mod.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd be a lot more bitter and vindictive if I were letting the PWR carry over to here; but I improved with that, and haven't been given a forced temporary vacation in a couple of years, now; lol.