Is Anybody Going To Every Game On The Schedule?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
It's a dream to nearly all of us I imagine. To follow the Seahawks for an entire season. Home and Away. I had big plans years ago. Had the title of the book in mind. Themes identified. A rough outline set to paper. Funds set aside. Youth on my side. Then, abruptly, all that was cast aside in favor of a sultry U of Chicago temptress with a great rack, a PhD in Anthropology (present-day Mayans) bipolar disorder and an ecstasy/narcotic habit that knew no bounds save those imposed by judges and doctors.

Now. 10? 12? Years removed from that episode and on the eve of a season of unprecedented promise, I think of some guy we met this past December. In Toronto. A lone Seahawks fan three rows behind Tech, MysterMatt and I. He was there, like us, to attend and enjoy and chronicle the Seahawks victory over the Buffalo Bills. We spoke briefly during the game and it turns out he had been traveling 'with' the team all year long. Had attended every single game home and away, usually alone. Instant Seahawks royalty in my eyes. I'm guessing he was in his early thirties and I believe he said he held a job with Microsoft. We had intended to all celebrate the victory together post-game and learn more about his adventures but in the euphoria (and stupor) that followed the game those intentions were waylaid. And we lost touch.

I told him about .NET (always surprised how many Seahawks fans don't know about this place!)..

So I am curious if he or anyone else here has some grand plans and the means to carry it out this year??

I cannot imagine a more thrilling adventure-and I've had a few-than to follow the Seahawks game after game during this Championship Season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It would certainly be supremely memorable if you did it in a year we ended up bringing our first Lombardi home in. Good luck finding a partner in crime.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":12tjd269 said:
It would certainly be supremely memorable if you did it in a year we ended up bringing our first Lombardi home in. Good luck finding a partner in crime.

Thanks, but there's no way I could do it this year. Well, that's not entirely true, but it would require epic sacrifice and uncertainty. An it would likely be one of the greatest memories and accomplishments of my life. But Im not kidding myself, here. I am just curious if anyone else is gonna do it. There are people out there as wild or wilder than us. That kid in Toronto is living proof.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if i hadn't opted to get married, buy a house, a new car, and become a parent all within the past two years - I would strongly have considered this!

HawksFTW

Reaction score
I have made it to 5 away games once, 4 twice, and 3 five times, and 1-2 games more times than I can count off the top of my head. The smallest group that we had was 4 people. It takes a lot of dedication to make it work with that many people. If it was just one or two people, in my experience, it shouldn't be all that difficult or expensive. I am retiring here in a couple years, and I have already to talked my wife into doing exactly that. Writing a book about it is a good idea, a small documentary even would be nice. Thanks for the ideas, I will put them to good use.

hidn

Reaction score
If I lived in Washington, I would be all over this.

Unfortunately, plane tickets for the wife and I to Washington every weekend would add about $7k, which is just so incredibly difficult to justify.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hidn":1qc9b8im said:

Unfortunately, plane tickets for the wife and I to Washington every weekend would add about $7k, which is just so incredibly difficult to justify.

Everybody's situation is dofferent, but that is an expense that you and I don't share. 8 years ago I took a second job working for an airline which enables me to fly for free. Free. I am paid peanuts but I fly for free. That's how I have been able to travel as extensively as I have and attend as many games as I have. I consider it one of the wisest decisions of my adult life. In 2012 I boarded an aircraft for leisure 89 times. And flew 129,000 miles.

As you can imagine, It makes being a Seahawks fan living in the Midwest and/or away from Washington much more satisfying.

rjdriver

Reaction score
bestfightstory":vu57i3ep said:
hidn":vu57i3ep said:

Everybody's situation is dofferent, but that is an expense that you and I don't share. 8 years ago I took a second job working for an airline which enables me to fly for free. Free. I am paid peanuts but I fly for free. That's how I have been able to travel as extensively as I have and attend as many games as I have. I consider it one of the wisest decisions of my adult life. In 2012 I boarded an aircraft for leisure 89 times. And flew 129,000 miles.

As you can imagine, It makes being a Seahawks fan living in the Midwest and/or away from Washington much more satisfying.

I non rev too BFS. Although the other expenses preclude me from going to multiple games, this is the year I hit a road game with you guys. I made myself a promise. Would like to travel to one home and one away, but for sure am going on whatever the consensus .net road trip is this year. It will be my yearly pilgrimage.

rjdriver

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1fcte3mw said:
hidn":1fcte3mw said:

Oh....

And my airline gig is my first and only job. You are right about the peanuts part....which is exactly why seeing every game lies far in the future for me

The Radish

Reaction score
Like BFS I talk to most everyone I see in Hawk gear if its possible. And always mention .net usually a couple of times.

Don't know if its ever gotten anyone here but it makes me feel better.

:les:

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
rjdriver":1mkmh5xl said:
I non rev too BFS. Although the other expenses preclude me from going to multiple games, this is the year I hit a road game with you guys. I made myself a promise. Would like to travel to one home and one away, but for sure am going on whatever the consensus .net road trip is this year. It will be my yearly pilgrimage.

Right On! Welcome aboard!!

Subzero717

Reaction score
Does Paul Allen make every game home and away?

I for one, can't afford the money end or the time.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I freaking wish. Got my season tickets of course. Maybe when I retire in 30 years I can pull something like that off

Largent80

Reaction score
For most in the real world, we do not get free airline tickets. It is hard enough to afford game tickets and hotel rooms and still have a house to return to afterward.

I am finally, after 5 years after moving from Seattle, going to go to a game at home. This took a lot of saving/planning just to get to 1 game.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Largent80":1ee0404q said:
For most in the real world, we do not get free airline tickets. It is hard enough to afford game tickets and hotel rooms and still have a house to return to afterward.

I am finally, after 5 years after moving from Seattle, going to go to a game at home. This took a lot of saving/planning just to get to 1 game.

Most of us in "the real world" don't get 16-1 odds on a season win total and collect an imaginary $16,000 either ....

Largent80

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3i0iyvpl said:
Largent80":3i0iyvpl said:

Most of us in "the real world" don't get 16-1 odds on a season win total and collect an imaginary $16,000 either ....

Jealousy is not your strongest suit. Stick with Incorrect, or similar.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
My goal is to see one away game every year & make it a different team each time until I see all other 31 teams. Been doing this for eight years so far and have seen the Hawks play at the 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Saints, and Ravens. This year I'll tick off the Texans.

Might have to try to bump this up to two games a year, otherwise I'll be pretty damn old by the time I complete my mission.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":3a18qxt5 said:
My goal is to see one away game every year & make it a different team each time until I see all other 31 teams. Been doing this for eight years so far and have seen the Hawks play at the 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Saints, and Ravens. This year I'll tick off the Texans.

Might have to try to bump this up to two games a year, otherwise I'll be pretty damn old by the time I complete my mission.

Be sure to contribute your thoughts once the schedule is released in April. Deciding which road games to attend is always a lot of fun!

Latest posts