ESPN.com Power Rankings

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Win Forever! We are the Champions! I'm the King of the world!

kidhawk

Reaction score
As far as polls goes the look at how they voted was interesting

[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/94662[/urltargetblank]

Looks like there were 5 voters and there were 3 voters voting for us and one for Denver, and one for Atlanta. The Niners received ZERO first place votes. Of the two people who didn't vote us number 1, one had us 2nd and the Niners third and the other had the Niners 2nd and us third, so 4 out of 5 had us winning the division basically.

Man I can't wait to get through this off season and get so stuff that actually means something

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
We're too high. We didn't even make it to the NFC championship game and need to prove it first before being called #1. The highest we should be is #3 imo

Decimation

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":cozq11jh said:
We're too high. We didn't even make it to the NFC championship game and need to prove it first before being called #1. The highest we should be is #3 imo
Agreed 100%. Power rankings mean nothing anyways, but it's nice that we're a known threat.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2hdpp1mu said:
Last time we were #1 was the offseason rankings in 2006...after we lost the SB.
We didn't lose the SB. It was stolen from us. We crushed those guys.

kidhawk

Reaction score
For those who hate these rankings, just wait a bit. After the draft, pete and john will have them all scratching their heads and they'll all be claiming how great the Niners or some other team's draft was and we'll drop back down a few notches.

tek5

Reaction score
Decimation":2tstwihq said:
therealjohncarlson":2tstwihq said:
Agreed 100%. Power rankings mean nothing anyways, but it's nice that we're a known threat.
I disagree, I've always hated the power rankings where the previous champ is ranked number one even if they've lost pieces. We were close last year and we've made some serious upgrades and we know what rookies we'll get will get a chance to play if they perform in the preseason. No team scares me right now. Homer glasses off, I'd still think we're #1.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Power Rankings are stupid. But this is still pretty cool to see.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
tek5":3h23fbaz said:
Decimation":3h23fbaz said:
therealjohncarlson":3h23fbaz said:
I disagree, I've always hated the power rankings where the previous champ is ranked number one even if they've lost pieces. We were close last year and we've made some serious upgrades and we know what rookies we'll get will get a chance to play if they perform in the preseason. No team scares me right now. Homer glasses off, I'd still think we're #1.

I agree with this... i think looking at last year the best teams not to win the Super Bowl were Denver, Seattle and San Fran.. the Ravens have disintegrated. its rationale to look elsewhere. I think alot of people expected a Manning led Broncos to beat the Ravens that nights, as well as the Seahawks to beat the Falcons and set up that 9ers game.

Considering the changes, having any version of the Broncos, Seahawks and 9ers 1-2-3 makes alot of sense.

For those saying "lets just wait until the games are played"

its the offseason, this is an internet fan board... why cant we pontificate, speculate and prematurely celebrate? FFS let people have their fun (whether it be whining on about potential cap issues or deciding if we have our 5th Super Bowl victory parade in Anchorage or Juneau?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3j3ecfaj said:

its the offseason, this is an internet fan board... why cant we pontificate, speculate and prematurely celebrate? FFS let people have their fun (whether it be whining on about potential cap issues or deciding if we have our 5th Super Bowl victory parade in Anchorage or Juneau?

I actually both agree and disagree with this 100%. I know it sounds strange, but I never put any "stock" into these power rankings. They are nothing more than someone elses opinion. The only difference between the opinions in the power poll and anyone else, is that these people are paid to analyze the game. With that said, although I see no reason to put any stock into it, this is still a fan message board for the Seattle Seahawks, and if we didn't talk about these things in here, it would certainly make the off season go by even slower than normal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
kidhawk":29mqd2fu said:
Uncle Si":29mqd2fu said:

I actually both agree and disagree with this 100%. I know it sounds strange, but I never put any "stock" into these power rankings. They are nothing more than someone elses opinion. The only difference between the opinions in the power poll and anyone else, is that these people are paid to analyze the game. With that said, although I see no reason to put any stock into it, this is still a fan message board for the Seattle Seahawks, and if we didn't talk about these things in here, it would certainly make the off season go by even slower than normal.

I know exactly what you mean. I dont honestly believe that our #1 ranking in March means i should clear out vacation time in Seattle in mid February. I meant it more as an overall.... all of this stuff is open for discussion and none of it means anything until Sundays in September. it just seems every thread has a "lets not get carried away." or "cant we wait until the games?" as if over excitement (whether positive or negative) on a message board will somehow effect the outcomes of those games.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The Outfield":kj8398h9 said:
Gah. I don't like high expectations.

Hawks are a team based on competition - who better to compete with than your own and eveyrone else's high expectations?

Latest posts