All-time favorite .net quote

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: All-time favorite .net quote
Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:59 am
  • CANHawk wrote:I miss Warner28. He got pretty fired up about the dumbest shit. Super sharp guy though.

Agree'd. One of the top 5 posters in .net history, imo.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:I miss Warner28. He got pretty fired up about the dumbest shit. Super sharp guy though.

Why did he leave?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:16 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:I miss Warner28. He got pretty fired up about the dumbest shit. Super sharp guy though.

Why did he leave?

He basically banned himself if I remember correctly. I might be wrong on the issue, but I think the endless QB debates drove him to lose his shit on here.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:26 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Red Bryant is terrible.

I wish we had a compilation of all of Dom's Red Bryant quotes. Most of which centered around him complaining about Red being a lazy fat ass who ate corn bread.

That's right!

Looks like I was spot on too because planter faciatis whatever is caused by an excess of cornbread in the bodies fat cells. We all know Red Bryant has alot of fat cells too.

I don't think that's fair. Red may NOT have any more fat cells than you or I. Maybe he just has REALLY fat fat cells.

You have the same number of bones in your neck as a Giraffe does - 9. Maybe the same principle applies.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am
  • cdallan wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:[quote="Scottemojo"]Red Bryant is terrible.

I wish we had a compilation of all of Dom's Red Bryant quotes. Most of which centered around him complaining about Red being a lazy fat ass who ate corn bread.

That's right!

Looks like I was spot on too because planter faciatis whatever is caused by an excess of cornbread in the bodies fat cells. We all know Red Bryant has alot of fat cells too.

I don't think that's fair. Red may NOT have any more fat cells than you or I. Maybe he just has REALLY fat fat cells.

You have the same number of bones in your neck as a Giraffe does - 9. Maybe the same principle applies.[/quote]

Show me a giraffe with plantar faciatis whatever.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:23 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    cdallan wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:[quote="SeaTown81"][quote="Scottemojo"]Red Bryant is terrible.

That's right!

You have the same number of bones in your neck as a Giraffe does - 9. Maybe the same principle applies.[/quote]

Show me a giraffe with plantar faciatis whatever.[/quote]

Not fair argument. A lame Giraffe is a dead Giraffe. If we introduced Lions into the VMAC during pre-season training, then I could see your point.

And I would definitely watch that "Hard Knocks".

cdallan
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:30 pm
  • cdallan wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    cdallan wrote:[quote="Tech Worlds"][quote="SeaTown81"][quote="Scottemojo"]Red Bryant is terrible.

That's right!

Show me a giraffe with plantar faciatis whatever.[/quote]

Not fair argument. A lame Giraffe is a dead Giraffe. If we introduced Lions into the VMAC during pre-season training, then I could see your point.

And I would definitely watch that "Hard Knocks".[/quote]

Then I guess we have come full circle because Red would eat the lion, the giraffe, then polish it off with a hefty helping of cornbread.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm
  • What is up with the lousy quoting the past few months?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    BASF wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Who was the guy who kept telling us "Don't blow sunshine up my ass"?

It was one of these old peoples, I know that for sure and it was during the 2011 season.

Warner28?

Nah he had a picture of himself in a chair by a river or something like that in his avy.

AKSeahawk.

When I first came to this board in '04 he was legendary in his ability to put folks into their place. He never backed out of an argument and could handle himself well. He was a stubborn old goat. I believe he has a website he spends more time on and thus stopped coming around. His brief re-appearance once Carroll came on-board was just a small sample of his old vinegar.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:48 pm
  • I found him hilarious, too bad he hasn't posted here since :(
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:51 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Why did he leave?

He basically decided that anyone who disagreed with him was an idiot, so he banned himself, then he came back with the sole purpose of winding everyone up. Then I think he banned himself again. He was an asshole who for some reason is much revered here. I used to like his posts a lot, and got into some healthy debates with him in the PWR, but he really thought he was never wrong, and would come up with some really ridiculous arguments to try to prove his points when he hadn't a leg to stand on.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:00 pm
  • He was a jerk. I thought he was quite smart but Jesus would he argue every element of everything.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Hey cdallan, you're taking this Red Bryant stuff entirely to seriously.

Techworlds is a lazy sob that spends his time floating around on a tug boat making everyone else do his work for him while he thinks up Red Bryant quotes.

:lol:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:11 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Hey cdallan, you're taking this Red Bryant stuff entirely to seriously.

Techworlds is a lazy sob that spends his time floating around on a tug boat making everyone else do his work for him while he thinks up Red Bryant quotes.

I just think Dom should pick on someone his own size.

cdallan
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:27 pm
  • cdallan wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Hey cdallan, you're taking this Red Bryant stuff entirely to seriously.

Hard to know if "Gary Coleman" or "Sally Struthers" is the way to go here....
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:14 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    cdallan wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Hey cdallan, you're taking this Red Bryant stuff entirely to seriously.

Hard to know if "Gary Coleman" or "Sally Struthers" is the way to go here....

What you talking about, Peaches?

cdallan
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:43 pm
  • These jerseys suck
    Last edited by djb28 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:44 pm
  • Warner28 was an ignorant poster and this place has been better ever since he left.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:18 pm
  • Yeah that guy just seemed angry all the time, no wonder he lives in a lawn chair by a river in Alaska by himself.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:35 pm
  • drdiags wrote:

drdiags wrote:

drdiags wrote:

What is up with the lousy quoting the past few months?

I have no idea. It's nuts, though.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:04 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:I have no idea. It's nuts, though.

Smart Alec ... :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers:

Figured it out.

You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 pm
  • cesame wrote:Warner28 was an ignorant poster and this place has been better ever since he left.

I always liked him. I think he was really smart, he just had a hard time arguing civilly. Man, he had some blow ups hahaha...
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:11 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I got shredded when I jokingly said I didn't know what Twitter was. That was pretty funny. Obviously I know what it is, I just haven't used it....yet
    At the time I thought it was harsh, now I just think it's funny. Especially the part where I was told I think I'm better than everyone because I don't use twitter. :?

Ahem... Obviously you're still harboring some resentment here.
    MissoulaHawk
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 am
  • "It's because he's playing scared" That single assessment was covering quite a few players for awhile. Holy cookie cutter, Batman!

;-)
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:27 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    cesame wrote:Warner28 was an ignorant poster and this place has been better ever since he left.

I always liked him. I think he was really smart, he just had a hard time arguing civilly. Man, he had some blow ups hahaha...

yeah he did. Very irrational blow ups, too. He is quite smart, but narrow-minded and immutable in his ideas. I miss him.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 am
  • Bakergirl wrote:Maybe not my all time fav, but one of the good ones.

HoustonHawk82 wrote:Holy crap balls, Batman!
    If this is how this place looks after one loss, just imagine how insane it will be after the second.

IIRC, I typed that one after reading a whole slew of "the sky has fallen" posts. Thanks for the mention Bakergirl.

Giving the theme of this thread a bit more thought, I've got to give CANhawk, Throwdown, and Jester all props for some of the best and gut-bustingly hilarious responses I've read on here over the years.

Deciding what posts are dead serious, and which are meant to be comedic jabs, when there are
    no emoticons to work with, is part of the mystique of this place.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 am
  • Wasn't Steve Harper AKA Kindome Karlesimo?
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:31 am
  • BlueTalons wrote:Wasn't Steve Harper AKA Kindome Karlesimo?

Dunno. Kingdome Karleesimo is the one who went and congratualted the Bears on beating us before our game during I think the 2006 season. He was subsequently called out publicly then banned. I miss him.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am
  • BlueTalons wrote:Wasn't Steve Harper AKA Kindome Karlesimo?

No. Two different people. Harper, for all of his difficulty getting along with others, was a legitimate fan.
    KK was a turncoat who claimed to be a fan, but spent all of his time dissing the team and its fans.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 pm
  • My friend is an executive within the Bengals organization and he told me that the Seahawks already gave Carson Palmer 75 billion dollars and traded 4 first round picks... wait, that sounds like too much? Oh, they just changed it to 17 million and 3 future picks... oh still too much? I saw them buying a house for him with Paul Allen... I mean, wait what do I need to change to make this legit sounding???
    Allweatherfan
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:15 pm
  • Allweatherfan wrote:My friend is an executive within the Bengals organization and he told me that the Seahawks already gave Carson Palmer 75 billion dollars and traded 4 first round picks... wait, that sounds like too much? Oh, they just changed it to 17 million and 3 future picks... oh still too much? I saw them buying a house for him with Paul Allen... I mean, wait what do I need to change to make this legit sounding???

I can help you with that...

Your best friend's daughter babysits for Carson Palmers sister's ex-husband.

HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:36 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I always liked him. I think he was really smart, he just had a hard time arguing civilly. Man, he had some blow ups hahaha...

I didn't, that's for sure; and yeah, he could not keep it civil when he was arguing with someone that just wouldn't agree with him or give up. I guess one could call it "forced escalation", lol.

cesame wrote:Warner28 was an ignorant poster and this place has been better ever since he left.

Ignorant poster? No. At least, not regularly; we're all ignorant once in a while. I definitely agree that the place has been better for his absence, though.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 pm
  • As I mentioned on page one of this thread, the cboom quote will always be my number one. However, "Clipboard Jesus" isn't far behind. Not sure if it originated here or not, but it was genius.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm
  • I believe Chargers fans were calling him CBJ before he was ever traded to us.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I believe Chargers fans were calling him CBJ before he was ever traded to us.

I always liked to call him Chaz. Dunno why. Just kinda looked like a Chaz...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm
  • cesame wrote:Warner28 was an ignorant poster and this place has been better ever since he left.

I was pretty taken aback when, after a game, he started a thread in the Smack Shack titled "Geekhawk is a dumb m...f..." (not censored, of course) all because I adroitly pointed out with my usual acerbic smartass wit how stupid the stuff he was posting in the Gameday forum was. Because it was. And it needed said. Nope, don't miss him at all. Hard to believe someone like that could live in such a beautiful place as Bend, OR.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:47 pm
  • Warner was not ignorant. Let's be fair.

He was quite smart. Just very, very, stubborn and he LOVED to debate to a fault.

Ignorant he was not.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:55 pm
  • "In Ruskell We Trust"
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Red Bryant is terrible.

That's right!

He's not fat! He's big boned! :mrgreen:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:56 am
  • "I think we got over the hump today. I told the team we don't have to talk about 1984 anymore"
    Paul Allen after the first playoff victory in 21 years.

I can still remember thinking "wow, its been 21 years?"
    kjreid
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:31 am
  • kjreid wrote:"I think we got over the hump today. I told the team we don't have to talk about 1984 anymore"
    Paul Allen after the first playoff victory in 21 years.

I can still remember thinking "wow, its been 21 years?"

I know, right?

Time flys when waiting for greatness to occur.

HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:18 am
  • Steve Harper - Fire Holmgren he can't coach and can't win here, is destroying our defense.

Whatyurprob - Lovejoy - Numourless argement threads as well as full threads on cooking and how he was an expert at several professions.

Raiderjohn

Fudd

Barbranne - who passed himself as a female for a very long time and got a kick out of it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 am
  • Was it Rocketman that launched himself off the board partly because of political rhetoric? (Old site?) Somebody help me here...
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:46 am
  • CANHawk wrote:I prefer to eat things that could once feel pain. You can really taste the fear.

Gold.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 am
  • BirdsCommaAngry wrote:"In Ruskell We Trust"

Timmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Another of my favs.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:49 am
  • If Matt Hasselbeck is the answer what the hell is the question
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:54 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:If Matt Hasselbeck is the answer what the hell is the question

Classic.

HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 am
  • "I installed some very high-end mini-blinds for Bill Gates"
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 am
  • And he got them from IKEA
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:10 am
  • RockHawk wrote:"I installed some very high-end mini-blinds for Bill Gates"

Instant classic.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information