Let me tell you one thing I don't "Got to love what NFL Netw

rjdriver

Reaction score
So I'm listening to Dennis Miller on the radio today and he has Rich Eisen on as a guest. I was loving what I was hearing from the both of them.
Things like-

DM- "Is it just me or is Seattle going to be an absolute beast"
RE- "I agree, I love what the Seahawks have done"

DM "Man, they are going to need like 8 golf carts standing by when the 49ers and Seahawks play, it's going to be a battle"

Then Eisen ruined everything by saying:

"Ya, we are absolutely hoping for a Sehawks/Niners Thursday night matchup in primetime"

Which means they will probably get it. How can you absolutely ruin the best rivalry game of the year by putting it on with four days rest. Someone will have a distinct advantage due to previous week location/opponent. I don't care if that is us this time, fans deserve that game with a full weeks rest. All this safety crap talk followed by putting these games on Thursdays really rubs me the wrong way.

I wish I had a link. I was in my car listening. I bet the odds are >50% that we have one of those games on a Thursday. What do ya'all think?

Rat

Reaction score
They'll have to fight MNF for it. I suppose they could do both, but that seems unlikely.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I actually REALLY REALLY like it. Of course I already figure we'll open our season in San Francisco this year, since the Mariners have a home game that weekend. This would mean that if we do get a Thursday Night Prime Time game against the Niners, it would be at home. I just don't want our Thursday Night game to be on the road no matter who we play.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Agree completely with the OP. Statictiscal analysis bears out the absurd advantage to the home team on a Thursday night game. And the 'product' is so much worse, as well.

JKent82

Reaction score
Gross. I love their coverage, but not worth the drop in quality.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I love the Thursday night games. However, I totally agree. The home team get's a major advantage. If Seattle was to host TNF than I think SEattle wins easily. If we have to go down their AGAIN it will be a struggle.

jewhawk

Reaction score
Of the 13 TNF games last year, 9 were divisional games and only 1 was out of conference. I wish the NFL would schedule less critical games for Thursdays because it's such a ridiculous advantage for whoever gets the Thursday home games.

Cruser74

Reaction score
As a season ticket holder I prefer the afternoon games for work purposes. The crowd does bring it when it is a prime time game. If it is an away game I don't care when it's played.

Erebus

Reaction score
Not sure how you can hate Rich Eisen for wanting to see a Seahawks/49ers game on his network. Most (not all) TNF games are divisional games. Why would he want to see us embarrass the Rams or Cards? It wouldn't make for exciting TV to the average fan.

If we play SF again on TNF (and we do have to play a TNF game), it will probably be a home game this time, which we will win.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
rjdriver":100mtsk8 said:
So I'm listening to Dennis Miller on the radio today
And we can stop right there. Whatever happened after that, you very richly deserved it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If they want to do Thursday night games, they need to make them fair. Both teams coming off of Byes the week before.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Cannot stand the Thursday games. Just a royal pain in the arse for all concerned.

1. Nothing to look forward to on Sunday

2. Have to take a day off work on Friday to have any chance of watching the damn game at 1-5am

3. Short week is a killer

4. By about week 4 they stop being interesting -- it's hard enough trying to match-up good games for MNF.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2jmmq4qm said:
rjdriver":2jmmq4qm said:
So I'm listening to Dennis Miller on the radio today
And we can stop right there. Whatever happened after that, you very richly deserved it.

Touché. I deserve that, but for what it's worth. He was all over the Hawks. Couldn't stop talking about how awesome they should be. Seemed pretty knowledgable as well, a real football fan. Bagged on the commish too.

Ever since I let my Sirius expire, I'll listen to anything.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Oh my God, stop whining; I like prime time games. Preferably Sunday Night or Monday Night, but Thursday works, too. As long as they don't screw us by giving the 49ers 73 days rest prior to that game, and we get 4.