Even our Free Agent signings have the chip

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I think seattle has maximized its offseason beyond my wildest dreams they have played the market to their benefit. Signed the best playmaker in the NFL who many said was not worth the picks and would cause trouble. managed to get two free agents that are in their prime and producing at boarderline pro bowl levels for cheap 1-2 yr deals. These two free agents were passed over + deemed unworthy of the big money contracts and hype so they will definitely look to prove themselves in a big way this year. Normally when you sign a free agent you fear them slacking it or not having the same fire that pushed them to their level of production before they were paid. But Seattle got these guys on build up your stats for a season and wait til the market picks up deals, which means there will be no slacking just an all out effort to put up big numbers and be the Joe Flacco or Paul Kruger this season in the national spot light to set up a future pay day which is just fine with me.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Yes sir, fine with me too.

The best part is we still have the draft to go. JS/PC have proven they have a knack for mid rounders, so I'm curious as all get it what direction they take.

sutz

Reaction score
Let's just hope that they aren't selfish about getting personal stats and are team players.

Pete and John have been pretty good at avoiding those types so far, so I have expectations that this is not something to worry about too heavily, but it is a concern in the back of my mind. We have a pretty good team-oriented group of players for the most part and I'd like to maintain that.

So far, they seem to be saying and doing all the right things. This could be amagical year if even most of these guys stay healthy.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
sutz":mbio9xpr said:
Let's just hope that they aren't selfish about getting personal stats and are team players.

Pete and John have been pretty good at avoiding those types so far, so I have expectations that this is not something to worry about too heavily, but it is a concern in the back of my mind. We have a pretty good team-oriented group of players for the most part and I'd like to maintain that.

So far, they seem to be saying and doing all the right things. This could be amagical year if even most of these guys stay healthy.

They seem like they are good team mates(seen n read) n just want to get on a competitive team. guys i was talking about was mainly DE's Avril n Bennett wanting to get their sacks up for a bigger pay day in a year or two. which is a good thing for us did'nt mean they would do it in a selfish way just means they are gonna go all out this year to put themselfs in a better position next time they hit the market.

Latest posts