Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 am 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:17 am
Posts: 2434
Location: San Antonio, TX by way of Kalispell, MT
I just may have to go to the Houston game again this season.. 09 was not a pretty site.. Houston/Seattle game should be a good one...

we are going to be good, but lets stay healthy first before we start booking hotel rooms in Manhattan

_________________
_____________________

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2774
davidonmi wrote:
Clayton and Sando have both made points about this, SF's defense doesn't rotate, I mean that can't help but age players quicker then they normally would. Also I don't know how healthy Justin Smith will be and Aldon (who just had surgery btw) hasn't proven he can play without him. I think the 9ers have a declining defense, however their offense will still be great don't get me wrong



Frank Gore, born May 14 1983. There's their offensive juggernaut and Kaepernick without him will be Aldon Smith without Justin Smith 2.0.

If you haven't done the math. Gore will be 30 years old in less than 2 months and if you follow the careers of RB's and the age barrier that 30 years old represents, it is just as likely we will see a significant drop off from Gore soon as well and with it Kaepernick will be exposed.

If I were a Niner fan I would very very worried. They can pull the wool over their eye's all they want but way to many things are adding up.

Loss of multiple key players in FA? Check.

Existing elite players (the best two on the team) hitting massive age barriers? Check.

Harbaugh over playing his veterans and not giving younger players playing time? Check.

A very powerful division rival who looked like the better team at the end of last season making key moves in FA to only get better? Check

Right now there are two facts (paper facts but facts none the less) The Niners are weaker then they were at the end of last season due to age and loss of key personnel and the Seahawks are stronger than they were at the end of last season for exactly the opposite reasons.

If your an intelligent Niners fan ( I know oxymoron) you are praying that Justin Smith and Frank Gore can last another season. That Balke finds suitable replacements in the draft. That Boldin is what he was in the playoffs and not what he was all season long. That someone steps up and fills the critical need at nose tackle were they lost their starter and backup. That you can find a suitable replacement TE and Safety. That Manningham will be able to play next season. More than probably anything else, they are hoping that the Seahawks moves in FA somehow don't work out but they know as well as we do that the moves we made in FA will only make us better.

The problem is, they need all of that to happen, not just one or two things and the odds of that are near zero. I can't wait to see things unravel for Harbaugh and company. It will be sweet to see him and the Niners organization melt back to mediocrity or worse.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 am 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18007
Location: Spokane, Wa.
I'll wager Gore looks like a bright eyed bushy tailed 24 year old against us. He's always seemed to have our number.

But 30 does seem to be the number that starts many downhill in running backs.

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:28 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21074
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Gore 6 carries for 24 yards in our December game. Hahahaha...what happened?

They got their asses behind that is what happened, and they had better get used to it this year.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:31 am 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18007
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Largent80 wrote:
Gore 6 carries for 24 yards in our December game. Hahahaha...what happened?

They got their asses behind that is what happened, and they had better get used to it this year.



Yes they had to quit running in that game in the first quarter. But one game does not change the fact that he has blistered us many times. As I recall once for over 200 yards.

Everyone seems to think that one game is going to change everything involving our 2 teams and I disagree. I can't think of any team that wants to beat us more now.

:roll:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 3966
Location: Port Townsend, WA
kidhawk wrote:
Geez man, I don't know if my feelings should be hurt...you dislike me so much that you don't even want to post in my thread and gotta start your own :laugh:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66656


What, you're pushing 10K posts and expect me never to miss one?!? You know love and hate, they aren't opposites kidhawk, they are brethren. When I become indifferent, then you widdwe feewings can be hurt! :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 3966
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Aros wrote:
Scares me too.

Scares. Me. Too.



You know, I do see your point here and for a minute it is tempting to agree, but I don't and here's why; I really think these guys are young, hungry, and we have the coach who can keep them focused. If we are to become a "Dynasty" like I know we all would dealy love to see, this is the kind of press our guys are gonna have to learn to hear and push themselves to exceed the hype.

Plus, after having been a fan since I was a small child at the very start, it just feels too damn good to finally get some respect and not have to already have sewed up a playoff spot to get it. This is the freakin' offseason, not even that close to the draft and they're blowing out horn; what Bizarro world is this anyway?!?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 1018
Location: Utah
Let's look at the last 8 Super Bowl winners

Pittsburgh*
Indianapolis
NYG
Pittsburgh
New Orleans
Saints
Packers
Giants
Ravens

Of those; One (Indianapolis) would have been considered easy preseason favorites to win the Super Bowl. Pre seaon favorites mean nothing. We have to win tough road games next year, let's do that, stay healthy, and let the chips fall where they may.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:41 pm
Posts: 150
Do not worry or be fearful , our metamorphosis is almost complete. Go Hawks.

_________________
Pinch me, I'm dreamin right?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
The Radish wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
Gore 6 carries for 24 yards in our December game. Hahahaha...what happened?

They got their asses behind that is what happened, and they had better get used to it this year.



Yes they had to quit running in that game in the first quarter. But one game does not change the fact that he has blistered us many times. As I recall once for over 200 yards.

Everyone seems to think that one game is going to change everything involving our 2 teams and I disagree. I can't think of any team that wants to beat us more now.

:roll:


Alex Smith would have made the game much closer and got Gore into it. The problem was the QB change that led to an offensive change. Smith handed off to Gore so quick off the snap that he was at full speed in the second level in the blink of an eye, this is the type of ground game we are weak to. You take away that advantage and even though you still have a good OL our defense can contain a RB much better.

Gore is miscast with Kap in the shotgun and Gore behind him and even though they don't run a full time pistol formation, it does take snaps away from Gore's bread and butter, and he's at that point in his career where he's getting too old to learn new tricks. Harbaugh has a lot of work to do turning Gore back into Gore, and getting Kaepernick ready to improve on his reads and decision making.

As for the chip on our shoulder...this is where PC wanted us drafting the personalities that he did. For better or worse, we're not the underdog anymore, by design.

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:12 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: Auburn, WA
As long as none of the players start talking dream team BS, I don't mind it. Russell Wilson is the leader now and all he cares about is winning and improving.

This team had needs and they addressed them. It will not change the personality or focus of this team. A team that was playing some pretty damn good football as the season ended.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2998
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
I think, rather than turning Gore back into Gore, Harbaugh will just start to favor Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James in the running game.

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9850
I'm going to rock out with my Hawk out!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:56 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 937
Location: Marysville, WA
Media attention. After all these years we are finally a hot topic in the NFL.

I prefer a superbowl victory any day. Hope these talking heads are right.... I for one believe they are this time :th2thumbs:

_________________
WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
Smelly McUgly wrote:
I think, rather than turning Gore back into Gore, Harbaugh will just start to favor Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James in the running game.


Fair enough. I assume he will feature Frank Gore next year, but that may not be the case.

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8676
Location: Is Everything
They can't be idiots one day and geniuses the next.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:51 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18007
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Lady Talon wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:
I think, rather than turning Gore back into Gore, Harbaugh will just start to favor Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James in the running game.


Fair enough. I assume he will feature Frank Gore next year, but that may not be the case.



You know LT,,,I have to read your posts quickly cause watching your avatar makes my shoulder hurt.

:D

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2998
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
Lady Talon wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:
I think, rather than turning Gore back into Gore, Harbaugh will just start to favor Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James in the running game.


Fair enough. I assume he will feature Frank Gore next year, but that may not be the case.


That's a fair assumption, and I likely should have explained myself better instead of being shorter than I intended.

What I have seen of Hunter suggests that he is Gore-lite with more of a burst. Part of the reason for what I think will happen is that Hunter will get more carries to keep Gore fresh for the playoffs, and the other part is that LMJ can act as a poor-man's Percy Harvin that gives SF a bit more in the option game. They can do all sorts of crazy stuff back there considering LMJ's versatility.

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
The Radish wrote:
Lady Talon wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:
I think, rather than turning Gore back into Gore, Harbaugh will just start to favor Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James in the running game.


Fair enough. I assume he will feature Frank Gore next year, but that may not be the case.



You know LT,,,I have to read your posts quickly cause watching your avatar makes my shoulder hurt.

:D


LOL should I feel guilty and rub it for you? :P

Why does a blonde wear shoulder pads? I've heard it my whole life. Might as well embrace it. :D

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:48 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18007
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Why does a blonde wear shoulder pads? I've heard it my whole life. Might as well embrace it.

You don't dare do that cause we all know a blonde can't have the football knowledge you seem to. Its not only bad for your image, its bad for ours. lol


:roll:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
A blonde woman certainly can have football knowledge. Was raised on the hawks and could be found on the couch every sunday cursing with dad. Football isn't rocket science. :P

A blonde that gathers football knowledge just has to discard an equal amount of knowledge that normally would be reserved for another useful skill in her mind. In my case, any hope of choosing a man worth anyone's time was deleted when I decided I love football.

This can be proven with empirical evidence since I decided to marry (and divorce) a Jets fan.

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:06 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:12 am
Posts: 108
Last years team for the most part was very healthy,the one factor that really scares me is injuries,it scares the hell out of me!Other than that we will be battling it out for the long haul. :th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:07 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am
Posts: 341
FlyingGreg wrote:
BigMeach wrote:
The Hawks have Fisher's number. No worries.


Except for the first game against the Rams last season, right?

:P


We blew that game ourselves. We do have fisher's number, but if we beat ourselves it's our own fault.

_________________
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:39 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2774
Canhawks wrote:
Last years team for the most part was very healthy,the one factor that really scares me is injuries,it scares the hell out of me!Other than that we will be battling it out for the long haul. :th2thumbs:


Aggressive style of play promotes health. Seems weird but goes to the thinking of when you are trying to not get hurt is usually when it happens. Look at the Holmgren era for a good example. Does this mean we won't have injuries? Of course not but I do feel there is a tie between the style of play and the health factor.

The other side of this is depth of which we are pretty stacked. Example being the Niners when Justin Smith went down and they had no one ready to step in and in large part because they don't give their backups many reps. We play so many different position groups and players throughout that we can absorb injury better than most teams. Hopefully we don't have to.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3181
Here's the thing that worries me: the Hawks have typically had a road game stigma. The Niners haven't, at least under Harbaugh.

I know we addressed this to a certain extent last year, but we also lost to teams like Detroit and Miami on the road when we had comfortable leads.

STL's DL has owned our OL that last 2 times we met, and we've really done nothing as of yet to upgrade our OL. Carpenter is still a question mark, Sweezy and Moffit both need to improve (which I think will happen), and popular theory suggests we need more coninuity on the line, although injuries didn't hurt us too badly last year. I think the Rams lost a big part of their running game, and they are going to have to rely on mostly rookie WRs to improve their passing game, which isn't always feasible the 1st year out. The biggest addition they had was Long in FA....they've needed to address their OL for a while. Moving Saffold over to RT is also an upgrade at that spot. These games will be a dog fight.

The Niners still have a better front 7 than we do I think, although that gap is closing as our youth gets more experience. Our back end is miles ahead of theirs right now, and they're looking to the draft (see above comment on rookies) and aging veterans to shore up that back end. It looks like our offense will start to have some mismatches to their defense, as we didn't have any trouble running on them last year. Our weapons should gash their secondary, and Wilson will be better in both games, not just the home game. I think Kaepernick will get better; I watched a lot of Wolfpack football and I liked that pick. For as good as our defenses are, I think these games might end up being higher scoring than most would think.

I honestly see us winning the division, but here's the rub: as good as the division is getting, EVERY game will count if we want homefield advantage. We have the best team I've ever seen in Hawks uniforms going into a season, but expectations and results will need to be sky high.....it will take at least 12 games to win the division this year. That doesn't lend to us throwing games away on the road, which historically we've done.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7223
Location: Eastern Washington
rjdriver wrote:
Let's look at the last 8 Super Bowl winners

Pittsburgh*
Indianapolis
NYG
Pittsburgh
New Orleans
Saints
Packers
Giants
Ravens

Um, two of those need an asterisk, not just one. Coincidentally, the other one that needs it is also Pittsburgh.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 3966
Location: Port Townsend, WA
BlueTalon wrote:
rjdriver wrote:
Let's look at the last 8 Super Bowl winners

Pittsburgh*
Indianapolis
NYG
Pittsburgh
New Orleans
Saints
Packers
Giants
Ravens

Um, two of those need an asterisk, not just one. Coincidentally, the other one that needs it is also Pittsburgh.


Yes, I agree. It wasn't as blatant, but the refs were pretty clearly giving more leeway to the Stealers in their officiating in that game. Had the zebras done a better job, I suspect the Stealers would have at least one, likely two less rings. We should have won and so should the Cardinals have.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Galen96, godzillarad, Google [Bot], gulliver, Seanhawk, SoulfishHawk, themunn, TXHawk, YaktownHawK and 79 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.