Got to love what NFL Network analysts are saying!

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I agree with them; god the off season is killing me this year!!!

Jason Smith":3j0n96c2 said:
Seahawks are completely loaded; Niners will fall back to the pack
What else does Seattle need? Now they're loaded everywhere. Percy Harvin and Cliff Avril were their two missing pieces. These are marquee players in their primes who will help them be even more explosive than they were a season ago.

Anquan Boldin and Steven Jackson are two veterans on the decline who have a little bit left in the tank, but they're not the difference-makers Harvin and Avril are. Especially Jackson -- is he going to be an upgrade over Michael Turner or is he going to be about the same? He's not a red-zone threat, and his production has been slowly decreasing the past three seasons. And Matt Ryan could see a Matthew Stafford-like bounce back to Earth this season after a big breakthrough in 2012.

For San Francisco, there's a bigger worry than its free agency moves. Mentally, it's a lot to get to the NFC Championship Game and lose, then get to the Super Bowl and lose the next season. I can't see San Francisco maintaining that mental edge that's needed over the course of the offseason, 16 more games and the playoffs to make it out of the NFC again. The Niners will keep playing the Super Bowl in their heads over and over, thinking, "When we get back this year, we're going to win it." Teams who do that look at their record in December and see 7-7.

San Francisco takes a step back this season, Atlanta treads water or falls off a little bit, and Seattle rises to make it to MetLife Stadium in February.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think we're in their heads. Not a chance will they beat us at home and I give us a decent chance of us beating them @SF. I am as concerned about the Rams as I am the Niners. We know SF is very concerned about both us and the Rams. St. Louis is in the best position to upset us, IMO. They are loading up, already have a hell-a-shish D-line and 2 of the first 22 picks in this draft. More importantly, nobody is talking about them. Seattle and SF are getting all of the press and I am sure that sits quite well with Jeff Fischer...as it pisses off his team. They make me nervous.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Yeah, the Rams are gonna be tough this year. The way I see it, the Niners are going to be tough, but declining over the next few years, the Seahawks are going to be in their prime and the Rams are a year behind us. Which means they'll be in the hunt for the division this season and it will be a three way race. 2014, I think the Niners are after a Wildcard spot and the division is between us and the Rams.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":3c2nsa3f said:
I agree with them; god the off season is killing me this year!!!

Jason Smith":3c2nsa3f said:
Seahawks are completely loaded; Niners will fall back to the pack
What else does Seattle need? Now they're loaded everywhere. Percy Harvin and Cliff Avril were their two missing pieces. These are marquee players in their primes who will help them be even more explosive than they were a season ago.

Anquan Boldin and Steven Jackson are two veterans on the decline who have a little bit left in the tank, but they're not the difference-makers Harvin and Avril are. Especially Jackson -- is he going to be an upgrade over Michael Turner or is he going to be about the same? He's not a red-zone threat, and his production has been slowly decreasing the past three seasons. And Matt Ryan could see a Matthew Stafford-like bounce back to Earth this season after a big breakthrough in 2012.

For San Francisco, there's a bigger worry than its free agency moves. Mentally, it's a lot to get to the NFC Championship Game and lose, then get to the Super Bowl and lose the next season. I can't see San Francisco maintaining that mental edge that's needed over the course of the offseason, 16 more games and the playoffs to make it out of the NFC again. The Niners will keep playing the Super Bowl in their heads over and over, thinking, "When we get back this year, we're going to win it." Teams who do that look at their record in December and see 7-7.

San Francisco takes a step back this season, Atlanta treads water or falls off a little bit, and Seattle rises to make it to MetLife Stadium in February.

With that said, let's not get into our own heads. . . too much.

w00t

Reaction score
damn I forgot the super bowl is in New York. Watch it snow LOL

chris98251

Reaction score
Well being pissed off about something has worked for this team since Pete has got here, having their ego's stroked is not what I want to see. I like that edge that being put down gives this team.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
focus, focus, focus ... don't count your chickens yet... let's remain focus

davidonmi

Reaction score
Clayton and Sando have both made points about this, SF's defense doesn't rotate, I mean that can't help but age players quicker then they normally would. Also I don't know how healthy Justin Smith will be and Aldon (who just had surgery btw) hasn't proven he can play without him. I think the 9ers have a declining defense, however their offense will still be great don't get me wrong

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya'll know we are in the Super Bowl this next year, and not because of how fantastic of a team we have...It's the only Super Bowl in the cold since Detroit. Apparently it's in the Football Gods Rule book.

For that reason alone, put all your life savings on a Vegas bet.

Seriously though, I do agree that the Rams are a team that needs to be paid attention to. Clearly nobody in the media is willing to do it. Hopefully the Seahawks aren't spending all of their time reading their press and actually focusing on their opponents. Well, we know one person for sure is...

Wilson: "Yes honey, I know it's only March but don't you see I have the Rams defense to contend with? I'll come to bed after I finish breaking down their entire roster and known tendencies beginning with their training camp footage from last year."

I do think their identity on offense takes a hit with that powerhouse Steven Jackson now gone. He WAS their offense for how many years? I don't think the absence of Jackson and the addition of whomever else they add in 2013 will suddenly catapult them into that dangerous of a team. I just don't. Not quite yet at least. 9-7 would be a mild surprise out of them in 2013.

I still think the 49ers are the favorites until we can beat them in their house. I don't even worry about at home. But if you want to show the entire planet that you are the CLEAR NFC favorite, you beat them in their house. No excuses.

Sweep those bitches, period.

two dog

Reaction score
I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. When you read your own press clippings,
that's when your off your guard. No hype, then tons of hype. "Super bowl
favorites" is a road sign on the road to nowhere.

That's on the one hand.

On the other hand, fans of a team that gets little national press can't help but
buy into the hype. I know I'm sure enjoying it. Writers who treated us like something
on the sole of their shoe are now jumping out in front of the Seahawk parade.
I like it..........but it scares me.

Atradees

Reaction score
I don't know about dismissing the 9ers. Last I saw they were pretty decent and on the rise.

Thumping our chest and proving it? Priceless.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Think of it as a by-product of winning. Crappy teams are never talked about positively in the offseason

Largent80

Reaction score
All of it is just talk and speculation. The Hawks need to go out and get it done.

It is pretty easy to spot a good team on the rise I might add.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to trust Pete to keep everyone's head in the game.

If Pete has any strengths, they start with an outstanding ability to keep a given player's focus on doing his job and ignoring outside influences. He'll come up with ways to keep things in perspective.