Would anything less than an 8-0 home record be disappointing

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    FreshlySnipes wrote:no I would be ok with a superbowl.

Hey, Snipes, did you finish your research project?

Hope to get the info from the court sometime this week
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Veteran

• Going back to two years ago,how long is the current home winning streak?I am wondering if we are close to a club record?
    Canhawks
    NET Rookie

• Looking back,we lost our last home game of the previous season,so the streak stands at 8.
    Canhawks
    NET Rookie

• jewhawk wrote:The people saying 8-0 at home should be expected are drastically underestimating the variance of NFL games. If we are 90% to win each home game, we would be less than 50% to go 8-0 in those games. And 90% is a ridiculous over-estimation for how likely we are to win each game. A 90% favorite to win translates to a 17 point favorite in Vegas which is incredibly rare. From 2000 to 2011, there were a total of 13 NFL games where one team was favored by 17 or more. If you say we are 75% to win (translates to 8.5 point favorites) the 49ers and Saints games and 90% to win the others, we would be less than 30% to go 8-0 at home. If you say we are on average 80% to win each home game (translates to 10.5 point favorites), we would be less than 17% to go 8-0 at home.

Alright Spock! You convinced me. Full warp speed, this teams going undefeated in 2013!!!!!!
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information