Would anything less than an 8-0 home record be disappointing

davidonmi

Reaction score
Outside of SF, i don't see one team on our home schedule I'm scared of, Tampa and NO have no defense, St. Louis is still somewhat flawed. If the hawks won 8 home games with that home schedule last year, they should this year

nsport

Reaction score
I'll take 12-0. 2 Preseason, 8-0 regular season, and 2 post season wins.

themunn

Reaction score
I mean it shouldn't be expected, but I'd be very disappointed if we lost any home games this year.

The strongest homefield advantage in the league and superbowl favourites shouldn't be losing any home games at all

bellingerga

Reaction score
All Teams lose games but somehow seahawks fans don't seem to realize that sometimes. Can't wait for the epic meltdown of doom on this board when that happens.

garydrake425

Reaction score
themunn":1hxa9d5k said:
I mean it shouldn't be expected, but I'd be very disappointed if we lost any home games this year.

The strongest homefield advantage in the league and superbowl favourites shouldn't be losing any home games at all

I'm with this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
davidonmi":a9hnevs4 said:
Outside of SF, i don't see one team on our home schedule I'm scared of, Tampa and NO have no defense, St. Louis is still somewhat flawed. If the hawks won 8 home games with that home schedule last year, they should this year

I wouldnt even be afraid of SF at home Kraeprnick will crap the bed again, the guy looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I expect them to go 10-0 at home (playoffs included).

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
At this point any loss is a disappointment because i think this team can take on anyone, but at the same time only one team has gone undefeated and i dont see it happening again. All i want this season is to go into the playoffs with momentum.

AWESOM-O

Reaction score
As an objective observer I really am having a hard time envisioning Seattle losing a single game at home. Yes, theoretically the 49ers are a good enough team to do it. Then again... 42-13. So I doubt see that, either. Otherwise, you take a relatively easy home schedule (49ERS, RAMS, CARDINALS, SAINTS, BUCCANEERS, VIKINGS, TITANS, JAGUARS), the most effective and vociferous "12th-man" in the NFL, and a supremely talented team and you've got one that shouldn't- and probably won't- lose a single home game all year.

The 49ers appear to have the scheduling advantage because San Francisco gets to face the two best teams in the AFC South at home (the Texans and Colts), while the Seahawks have to go on the road for those two contests. But Seattle, all things being equal, is a superior team to both Houston and Indianapolis and could still beat both, even away from home. But at home? Seattle is absolutely invulnerable- I don't expect a single home loss in 2013. If they get past- or once again trounce- San Francisco... there shouldn't be any other potential stumbling blocks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I expect us to win them all at home. I would be disappointed with a home loss, but in looking at it, the two teams most likely to beat us would be SF and STL.

Yes, we trounced SF at the end of last year, but we had a blocked FG returned for a TD, and Davis and Manningham both got knocked out with injury, and their best player (J. Smith) was out for that game. Those events probably won't reoccur again, so while I expect us to beat them, I don't expect another blow out.

The Rams DL owns our OL, and our OL is the exact same as last year. Overall, we're a better team but we struggled to beat them while we were white hot last year, and they beat us at STL (although they struggled to beat us). Either way, we won't blow them out either.

So while I'm as confident as the next fan, I don't think it will be a cake walk and in expecting close games, you have to reasonable expect it's very possible to lose.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
BlueTalon":xqfpry54 said:
Yes, disappointing. I am disappointed with any loss.

This. ^^

bellingerga":xqfpry54 said:
All Teams lose games but somehow seahawks fans don't seem to realize that sometimes. Can't wait for the epic meltdown of doom on this board when that happens.

And this. ^^

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Every loss is a disappointment and always has been. I expect to go undefeated at home each year and take the losses very personally.

As expectations go: less than 13 wins on the season will be a disappointment to me and less than 12 will be an EXTREME disappointment. (Unless 11 wins somehow wins the #1 seed in the NFC which would indicate some strong competition throughout the Conference). I'm not AS concerned where those losses come from because 12 or 13 wins in an NFL season is quite an accomplishment.

One thing that is uniquely fun is that Russell Wilson has NEVER lost a Seattle start in his career.
10-0 currently.
How incredible would it be if he were to add 12 more wins to that tally?

By the way. I predict Vegas will have our over/under for total wins set at 11.5. Last year we were 7.5.....

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
We lose one at home this year, to the 8-8 Rams, on a fluke.

Home field advantage in the playoffs gets us to the first of six superbowls (4wins) in the Wilson era.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle only had 3 close games at home last year. The Packers, Patriots, and Rams. And honestly, I didn't feel the Rams game was truly close- Seattle just kind of got in their own way but by the time they straightened things out it was pretty clear they were going to win. I think we'd probably beat the Rams by 17 if there had been a 5th quarter. The Packers and Patriots were two elite teams that play well on the road, and they faced Seattle before they added the read option wrinkle and before Wilson truly took off at QB.

Here is the list of next year's home opponents:

San Francisco: A probable win
St. Louis: A probable win
Arizona: An extremely likely win
New Orleans: A probable win
Tampa Bay: A very likely win
Jacksonville: An extremely likely win
Tennessee: An extremely likely win
Minnesota: A probable win

I think SF, STL, and NO will present a challenge, but will probably all be wins. The rest will all be easy to moderately easy wins.

I think people forget that Seattle was playing at a historically high level in their final 10 games. We're talking 2007 Patriots level. And that was before the events of this offseason. You could make a very reasonable case that the 2013 Seahawks could end up being the best football team in NFL history. This is a team that should have won 13 games last season (FO) and probably just added a win or two with their additions already.

I think we'll lose a couple of games on the road. We'll be 13-3 or 14-2 overall. I think we will win the division with more ease than people seem to be expecting.

And while it's fair to read all this and think "homer!", the fact is, Seattle will never have a better collection of talent than they will in 2013. After next year, salary cap realities will begin to set in and we'll gradually start losing players. Soon we'll have to pay Okung and Thomas and they won't be cheap. Then we'll have to sign Sherman to megabucks. Then it's probably Joe Flacco money for Wilson. We'll probably have something like 70% of our 2013 talent level in 2016, most likely. And around that same time, you'll probably see Lynch's career winding down. If there is a year to make a run at "23-0", 2013 is the year to do it.

Latest posts