Another new guy here.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker checking in. Figure its time I gave in. I know there seems to be more and more of us checking in lately but scouts honor, I'm a NW sports guy born and raised no worries fellas so take it easy on me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:sarcasm_on: ************
so here's my off season thoughts/plan:
-cut Flynn.
-irvin is a bust.
-we need to contact the elite sports trainers of the hawks..to make sure they know irvin needs to puts on muscle instead of fat so he doesn't lose his speed.
-everyone that's not a probowler needs to be asked to restructure immediately before our cap issue cause us to release clem and sid.
-this off season is a figment of our imagination, the long break has made the boards report crazy made up deals because we all know we need that rollover money..
:sarcasm_off:

ok the intro part was serious though. hope to not rub anyone off in the wrong way, I respect the heck out of a lot of your guys football knowledge/insight and look forward to adding what I can to the mix.

brief off season plan,
-sign a vet at dt. Hoping branch. But who knows with pete and js, I wouldn't put it past them to be in talks with some guy no ones really talking about.
-sign a corner on a one year deal. Or maybe even woodson/reed(dont know if they're available still), allow earl to slide to corner on passing downs :242735:
Draft
-2nd: te. i think this position will provide the most impact/upgrade at the (mccoys) position next season.
-3rd: LB. I think they will value someone athletic enough even if hes not highly touted, to bring in competition to replace hill.
-4th: DT. Bring in a big monster space eater for possible run support this season.
-5th: WR. They take a "chance" on a troubled/small school but high upside guy with size.
-6th: CB. someone quick. i would say honeybadger but i think hes projected higher?

I think they go with whatever they feel gives the best chance of an immediate impact for next season, and i wouldn't be surprised if any of the first 3 were switched depending on whatever their board looks like (wouldn't that be a sight to see), obviously I have no clue what they're really going to do, but hey..what else is there to do in the off season. Go hawks!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm not even gonna tackle your "offseason thoughts/plans", so I'll just say welcome!

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
ouch, that bad huh? well you know what they say about first impressions..crap welp thats that ..lol. thanks anyways guys

chris98251

Reaction score
Earl has CB speed but not tall enough to cover big receivers, his niche is being able to play deep zone and go after them in a deep route, they would hot read him and do a jump ball or an out and just throw it high for a completion a lot like Jennings had happen. Jennings never got really beat, just matched up badly to the size of the players.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Tailspin Hawk Fan":p7goqav5 said:
Hawkbrah ... Welcome to the board! Stick around and don't let opinions run ya off.

thanks for the kinds words my good sir. duly noted. As you can see in my op i have no issue with poking fun at myself, so i think ill be alright.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
chris98251":1x8don1i said:
Earl has CB speed but not tall enough to cover big receivers, his niche is being able to play deep zone and go after them in a deep route, they would hot read him and do a jump ball or an out and just throw it high for a completion a lot like Jennings had happen. Jennings never got really beat, just matched up badly to the size of the players.

pardon my abuse of proper football terminology as i intended to write nickle corner, covering the likes of guys like welker and so on. but ive read on here enough to know lots of people hate the idea regardless and thats ok :th2thumbs:

not that they are going for broke in the future with all these short term deals, but it seems like there really trying to win now, i think anythings a possibility right now, if a future vet future hof like woodson or reed knock on their door im sure theyd at least entertain the idea. but hey maybe im just going a little crazy with the madden-esk team they're putting together.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Call me old fashion but, I don't see how 8 sacks in your first year with virtually no moves is being a bust.

Anyway welcome!

Guardian

Reaction score
Wait, was just that last bullet point sarcastic? Or the whole off-season to-do list? (seriously, because there can be some crazy posts going on up in here) I'm hoping the later. Anyways, welcome aboard!

debevemos

Reaction score
Personally, I read that :sarcasm_off: as a reference to the entire list not the last bullet point. I don't think he was being serious until after that...

Largent80

Reaction score
Right after :sarcasm_on: he said it was serious. I personally don't care what he thinks of Bruce, but just to say welcome aboard.

drdiags

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

The intro part was before the "----" line, where he states he has born and raised in the PNW.

The Radish

Reaction score
Welcome to Seahawks.net

And remember anything anyone posts will immediately come under fire from someone or someones side.

Many forget here that all we have are opinions and yours and theirs is of equal value. For posters that forget that.........they find themselves at some other site.

:th2thumbs:

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Throwdown":2l37rpw7 said:
Call me old fashion but, I don't see how 8 sacks in your first year with virtually no moves is being a bust.

Anyway welcome!

i agree completely, and thank you. I love irvin and as long as he makes an impact like that (8 sacks) hes def playing his role well especially for the rookie, i love how js and pete chase unique talents like his and its been a breath of fresh air ever since they got here.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
debevemos":2l61au8x said:
Personally, I read that :sarcasm_off: as a reference to the entire list not the last bullet point. I don't think he was being serious until after that...

you nailed it. that whole first list was just poking a little fun at some of the awesome debates on this board over recent memory. i edited it with a sarcasm on button just to be clear. ive seen the sarcasm buttons used in different ways, but i should have been more clear as it was my first post and ya guys dont have much insight on my personality yet, my bad for the confusion guys! I can see how im getting a lot of shaking heads if you actually thought my first post was seriously calling irvin a bust lol.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
The Radish":2a6ii5zy said:
Welcome to Seahawks.net

And remember anything anyone posts will immediately come under fire from someone or someones side.

Many forget here that all we have are opinions and yours and theirs is of equal value. For posters that forget that.........they find themselves at some other site.

:th2thumbs:

thanks! and yes thats the beauty of opinions, every has a right to their own and it leads to some awesome discussions on here.