Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Obo is no mo'
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:12 pm 
NET Veteran

He was a survivor, and a player that simply competed and survived for 7 years. I had respect for him but in the end his talent was surpassed by the depth on the team and the writing was on the wall.

His contract made him expendable. I think that survivor's mentality may be missed but there is a focus here that speaks of inevitability and Ben's time here was up.

He'll find a job as he competes and is an undoubtedly talented ST player. I'd not be surprised to see him surface in Jacksonville or with the NY Jets.

Thanks for your time here Obo. Good Luck going forward!

Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. Until the OLine is strengthened the team will remain weak.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Thanks for the time here Obo

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am 
NET Veteran

Mah boy Obo!

I'll always love that guy for playing through an injury against the Saints in the playoffs and having a solid game. The dude was a team player all throughout and gave up his body for the team numerous times. And an excellent, excellent gunner. If Lane can be as consistent as Obo was, he'll have a solid career for himself just as a gunner alone.

I really hope he catches on somewhere and has a bit of a revival. He deserves it.

Goodbye Ben! Best of luck for the rest of your life.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:56 am 
NET Veteran

Tech Worlds wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
How bizarre is this? Ben was #87...he has 87 receptions...and his career long is 87 yards.

He was also 87th on the depth chart.

Bizarre.

Damn, we got some seagulls in our midst. Don't wear dark clothing or they'll pepper you with excrement.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:12 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

FlyingGreg wrote:
How bizarre is this? Ben was #87...he has 87 receptions...and his career long is 87 yards.

Bizarre you say?

My wife and I were married in 1987. My first son was born on the 6th and the other son born on the 9th, leaving the 8 and 7 bracketed. My car has 87,000 miles on it as of today. I sold a car last month to a guy for $8700.

And it appears the Hawks decided to let Obo go on the 15th.... the sum of 8 and 7.

Spooky...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:15 am 
NET Veteran

HoustonHawk82 wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:

Bizarre you say?

My wife and I were married in 1987. My first son was born on the 6th and the other son born on the 9th, leaving the 8 and 7 bracketed. My car has 87,000 miles on it as of today. I sold a car last month to a guy for $8700.

And it appears the Hawks decided to let Obo go on the 15th.... the sum of 8 and 7.

Spooky...

Are we the same person? My wife and I married in 87, have 2 children born on the 6th and the 9th, and my car also has 87,000 EXACT (0 tenths!!) right now!

I'm off to church tomorrow, fellas.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:49 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

ClumsyLurk wrote:
HoustonHawk82 wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:

Bizarre you say?

Spooky...

Are we the same person? My wife and I married in 87, have 2 children born on the 6th and the 9th, and my car also has 87,000 EXACT (0 tenths!!) right now!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 am 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
ClumsyLurk wrote:
HoustonHawk82 wrote:

Bizarre you say?

Spooky...

8 + 7 + 8 = 23 !!!1!1!

or

- 1 + 9 + 8 + 7 = 23 !!!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

BullHawk33 wrote:
He's been around the bubble for the last few years but he was definitely one of the guys that had the right attitude...

He has been on the bubble every off-season since the year he was drafted in the 7th round.

jammerhawk wrote:
He was a survivor, and a player that simply competed and survived for 7 years. I had respect for him but in the end his talent was surpassed by the depth on the team and the writing was on the wall. His contract made him expendable. I think that survivor's mentality may be missed but there is a focus here that speaks of inevitability and Ben's time here was up.

True dat.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

He should have been cut after his TD celebration dance in NY.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]