Obo is no mo'

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Obo is no mo'
Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:12 pm
  • He was a survivor, and a player that simply competed and survived for 7 years. I had respect for him but in the end his talent was surpassed by the depth on the team and the writing was on the wall.

His contract made him expendable. I think that survivor's mentality may be missed but there is a focus here that speaks of inevitability and Ben's time here was up.

He'll find a job as he competes and is an undoubtedly talented ST player. I'd not be surprised to see him surface in Jacksonville or with the NY Jets.

Thanks for your time here Obo. Good Luck going forward!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 pm
  • Thanks for the time here Obo
    Ninja Elf
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am
  • Mah boy Obo!

I'll always love that guy for playing through an injury against the Saints in the playoffs and having a solid game. The dude was a team player all throughout and gave up his body for the team numerous times. And an excellent, excellent gunner. If Lane can be as consistent as Obo was, he'll have a solid career for himself just as a gunner alone.

I really hope he catches on somewhere and has a bit of a revival. He deserves it.

Goodbye Ben! Best of luck for the rest of your life.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:56 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:How bizarre is this? Ben was #87...he has 87 receptions...and his career long is 87 yards.

He was also 87th on the depth chart.

Bizarre.

Damn, we got some seagulls in our midst. Don't wear dark clothing or they'll pepper you with excrement.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:12 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:How bizarre is this? Ben was #87...he has 87 receptions...and his career long is 87 yards.

Bizarre you say?

My wife and I were married in 1987. My first son was born on the 6th and the other son born on the 9th, leaving the 8 and 7 bracketed. My car has 87,000 miles on it as of today. I sold a car last month to a guy for $8700.

And it appears the Hawks decided to let Obo go on the 15th.... the sum of 8 and 7.

Spooky...
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:15 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:How bizarre is this? Ben was #87...he has 87 receptions...and his career long is 87 yards.

Bizarre you say?

My wife and I were married in 1987. My first son was born on the 6th and the other son born on the 9th, leaving the 8 and 7 bracketed. My car has 87,000 miles on it as of today. I sold a car last month to a guy for $8700.

And it appears the Hawks decided to let Obo go on the 15th.... the sum of 8 and 7.

Spooky...

Are we the same person? My wife and I married in 87, have 2 children born on the 6th and the 9th, and my car also has 87,000 EXACT (0 tenths!!) right now!

I'm off to church tomorrow, fellas.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:49 am
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:

Bizarre you say?

Spooky...

Are we the same person? My wife and I married in 87, have 2 children born on the 6th and the 9th, and my car also has 87,000 EXACT (0 tenths!!) right now!

CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    Bizarre you say?

Spooky...

8 + 7 + 8 = 23 !!!1!1!

or

- 1 + 9 + 8 + 7 = 23 !!!
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 am
  • BullHawk33 wrote:He's been around the bubble for the last few years but he was definitely one of the guys that had the right attitude...

He has been on the bubble every off-season since the year he was drafted in the 7th round.

jammerhawk wrote:He was a survivor, and a player that simply competed and survived for 7 years. I had respect for him but in the end his talent was surpassed by the depth on the team and the writing was on the wall. His contract made him expendable. I think that survivor's mentality may be missed but there is a focus here that speaks of inevitability and Ben's time here was up.

True dat.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 pm
  • He should have been cut after his TD celebration dance in NY.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Previous

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information