Flynn likely to be back

General Manager

Reaction score
This according to JC via 710. Clayton said he won't be cut there not going to pay him 4mill dollars to let him walk and then have to find another QB. There's still a chance he could be traded we'll see.

kidhawk

Reaction score
General Manager":17305ehq said:
This according to JC via 710. Clayton said he won't be cut there not going to pay him 4mill dollars to let him walk and then have to find another QB. There's still a chance he could be traded we'll see.

this is known :stirthepot:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Nice gig for him... earning $7.25m to do barely anything.

He must be resigned to being a career backup by now. When this contract ends he'll be 30. Wonder if they offer him an extra year to spread out some of this salary?

themunn

Reaction score
He won't be cut but someone will offer up a trade for him in the draft, no doubt.
Probably to swap picks rather than give them up, or if we really want a player and bundle in a few of our own picks to move up.

OP
OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
I never thought he would be cut but some here actually entertainesd the idea.

kidhawk

Reaction score
General Manager":1a4x8bdl said:

There will always be some who entertain ideas that aren't going to happen.

Just yesterday Pete said that Clemons role was still safe with this team after the Avril signing. Then we sign Bennett and those people started popping off again about how Clemons was a goner. You just have to roll with it sometimes.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3jwtqmv9 said:

He must be resigned to being a career backup by now. When this contract ends he'll be 30. Wonder if they offer him an extra year to spread out some of this salary?
According to Schneider that's not the case. Said that while Flynn is a great teammate he wants to be a starter somewhere. Said Flynn isn't satisfied with being a backup.

mikeak

Reaction score
Trading him takes the guaranteed money off the table and allows us to sign someone else and save money. Cutting him for 2013 simply doesn't save enough to make it worth it. Cutting him for 2014 must most definately be on the table as it makes more financial sense there

all been discussed

JKent82

Reaction score
I honestly expect him to be traded soon. I know everything is going the other way, but I feel like someone is gonna come calling.

This is partially due to the last few days of action, I'm expecting sudden unexpected joy.

mikeak

Reaction score
JKent82":1ue8jizp said:
I honestly expect him to be traded soon. I know everything is going the other way, but I feel like someone is gonna come calling.

This is partially due to the last few days of action, I'm expecting sudden unexpected joy.

I am expecting about 100 - I told you so once he gets traded........

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
General Manager":271y8ggk said:

Yes because it's an option for the team to save money.

I'm surprised you're not all for cutting the guy... given that he's neither tall or fast.

Hawkfan77":271y8ggk said:
theENGLISHseahawk":271y8ggk said:

According to Schneider that's not the case. Said that while Flynn is a great teammate he wants to be a starter somewhere. Said Flynn isn't satisfied with being a backup.

He better get used to the idea, then.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":11pzwt80 said:

We get it... You hate flynn.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3agfobln said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3agfobln said:

We get it... You hate flynn.

I don't rate him, no. But if we're talking like teenage girls, yes I 'hate' him.

And I'll be glad when we're able to move on from talking about his contract and whether we can trade him or not.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Given how the market got flooded with average talents like Cassell, Fitzgerald, and Kolb, it doesn't surprise me that Flynn is likely to stay.

Cutting him would save us money, but open an unnecessary hole. Trading him is a far better option, but what other team out there is going to take on Flynn's contract with Fitzgerald and Kolb still available?

I'd prefer if Flynn were traded elsewhere, but I just don't see it happening this season.

razor150

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2mhgxaxo said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2mhgxaxo said:

Any QB, any player in fact, worth having isn't satisfied being a back up. Any player satisfied being a back up should be sent packing fast.

KentuckyHawk

Reaction score
This has always been the most likely scenario to me, just based off of pure salary cap logic. Cutting Flynn this year only saves $1.25 million in cap space. Factor in finding another competent backup and its probably a wash, at best. Cutting him next year, however, saves us $6.25 million under the cap. He'll be gone, one way or another, at the start of free agency next year, barring a restructured deal.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3ieqplyt said:
JKent82":3ieqplyt said:

I am expecting about 100 - I told you so once he gets traded........

Well, I'll go on record as saying I highly doubt we will be able to trade him and he will be competing with one of our draft picks for the backup job this August.