BLITZ's PubCrawl for MS

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Blitz is a good friend of mine, so I will definitely be there.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
So how did the event turn out? I suffer from MS and love seeing people hosting events to find a cure. It's a monster of a disease that I personally battle with every day.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
That article kind of confuses me... It said "Blitz" was diagnosed with MS 4 years ago. Are they trying to make a bad joke.... or did the guy who gets inside the Blitz costume get MS, and in which case why don't they mention his real name? Seems weird

A London Hawk

Reaction score
" off the field the man inside the costume has a passion towards fighting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) after being diagnosed with it four years ago"

The article seems clear that's the guy inside the costume that suffers from MS. Why his name wasn't used I don't know, could of been for any of a number of reasons.

The Radish

Reaction score
A London Hawk":14lrl6po said:
" off the field the man inside the costume has a passion towards fighting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) after being diagnosed with it four years ago"

The article seems clear that's the guy inside the costume that suffers from MS. Why his name wasn't used I don't know, could of been for any of a number of reasons.

Rarely are mascots mentioned by name so they can have a life. Very common even in college ranks to keep those names on the quiet. In colleges its known well around the campus but I think you'll find most pro sports with a mascot keep the name private.

San Diego Chicken a classic example. Until long after a big time lawsuit between Chick and the ball team no one knew his name. It took a court fight for him to go out on his own cause the ball team decided it was their deal and it turned out the guy got the idea and sold the team on the idea of letting him try it out.

But that's another story

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
My mother has MS, and I went last year. Lots of fun and for a good cause. Unfortunately, I won't be attending this year (cash shortage). I'll be hitting it up next year, just need to remember to put some paper aside.