BLITZ's PubCrawl for MS

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
BLITZ's PubCrawl for MS
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 am
  • Is this weekend in Belltown. Anybody going?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Re: BLITZ's PubCrawl for MS
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 am
  • Blitz is a good friend of mine, so I will definitely be there.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:52 am

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04 pm
  • Dang, looks like it'd be fun. I'm in Leavenworth this weekend, though.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:58 pm
  • So how did the event turn out? I suffer from MS and love seeing people hosting events to find a cure. It's a monster of a disease that I personally battle with every day.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 pm
  • That article kind of confuses me... It said "Blitz" was diagnosed with MS 4 years ago. Are they trying to make a bad joke.... or did the guy who gets inside the Blitz costume get MS, and in which case why don't they mention his real name? Seems weird
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 pm
  • " off the field the man inside the costume has a passion towards fighting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) after being diagnosed with it four years ago"

The article seems clear that's the guy inside the costume that suffers from MS. Why his name wasn't used I don't know, could of been for any of a number of reasons.
    Holy Catfish! Touchdown Seahawks!
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:27 pm
  • A London Hawk wrote:" off the field the man inside the costume has a passion towards fighting Multiple Sclerosis (MS) after being diagnosed with it four years ago"

The article seems clear that's the guy inside the costume that suffers from MS. Why his name wasn't used I don't know, could of been for any of a number of reasons.

Rarely are mascots mentioned by name so they can have a life. Very common even in college ranks to keep those names on the quiet. In colleges its known well around the campus but I think you'll find most pro sports with a mascot keep the name private.

San Diego Chicken a classic example. Until long after a big time lawsuit between Chick and the ball team no one knew his name. It took a court fight for him to go out on his own cause the ball team decided it was their deal and it turned out the guy got the idea and sold the team on the idea of letting him try it out.

But that's another story
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm
  • My mother has MS, and I went last year. Lots of fun and for a good cause. Unfortunately, I won't be attending this year (cash shortage). I'll be hitting it up next year, just need to remember to put some paper aside.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information