Do You Get The Feeling The Universe Is Converging?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure when the Genesis began. Was it the hiring of Pete Carroll? John Schneider? Many would say the day we took Russell Wilson in the 3rd round in April 2012.

Whenever that day was, it became the day the Universe started to align upon our city, our team, our fanbase. I know you can feel it too. The Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl. Soon.

I've never been more sure of it in my entire 44 years.

pehawk

Reaction score
I posted similar earlier in the week. I just KNOW.

uncle fester

Reaction score
You could argue a case for any one of a series of inidividual events since Pete was hired.

For me, it was Russell Wilson putting the team on his back, on the road, against Chicago, even though the D couldn't stop Cutler & Marshall. The snowball effect - of belief - that set off over the following weeks was stunning. I've never seen that before.

I firmly believe this team can now beat anyone.

CANHawk

Reaction score
It all started with Pete. The man had a plan and now it's coming to fruition. Glad to have been on board from the start of this ride.

...though I feel the need to wear my Shaun Alexander or Julian Peterson jersey out and about every now and then to prove I'm not a band wagoner.

sutz

Reaction score
IMHO, it was certainly earlier than the Wilson pickup. I'd put it when Pete was hired and brought in John. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth for their "failure" to find that franchise QB that conventional wisdom said was the most important thing, and therefore had to happen early in the process. After all, everybody knows you have to find that guy and then build a team around him, right? I mean, that's conventional wisdom, right? Well, Pete and John said, "No, we're not going to do it that way. We're going to build the basis for a strong team and add the QB when the time is right." The Wilson pick, whether it was kismet, fate, whatever, seems to have validated their method and philosophy.

Frankly, it's not so much that the universe is converging to me, it's more that the team of J&S decided from the get go that they were not going to be swayed by all the forces that would knock them off course and force them to change their basic philosophy and determined that they were going to bend the universe to fit their view of how to build a team. Sure looked kind of cheeky and cocky when they started. Now it looks like they might just know wth they are doing. ;)

Sure, maybe 'the universe is aligning.' But it looks a lot like P&J have been reaching out and dragging that universe into our fold. :)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Very good post full of good points sutz.

It's easy to just look at Wilson's arrival and declare him the savior.

I had forgotten all athe arguments about how the Seahawks would never win in modern era of football by installing a smash mouth ball control identity in Seattle.

All the 'lose to win' draft position arguments and all the rest.

What a ride.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hiring Pete Carroll may turn out to be the best decision this franchise has ever made. It already is in the Top 10, maybe even Top 5. Considering how many people were against it when it first happened, that's pretty amazing. That decision was the one that has been the catalyst for most of the team we now have.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Personally, I think the convergence began the second half of 2011 when this team started to consistently win games (even with Tarvaris Jackson as its QB). I think that was the point when it's possible to tell that the players were buying into Pete's philosophy and/or were comfortable in it despite the roster churn. Perhaps then you can point to the beginning of the 2011 season when it seems we'd shaken out all the players who weren't going to cut it.

I can't wait for this year.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
BEASTQUAKE altered the landscape. Literally.

Literally. We were a losing franchise with an historic team of losers in the playoffs with a losing record playing the Super Bowl Champions as the greatest home underdog in NFL playoff history an a coach whose rah-rah style wouldn't cut it in the NFL.

We were sure to fail.

gargantual

Reaction score
All great points so far in this thread which I agree with whole-heartedly. I DO think that PC & JS were trying looking to grab the right QB the whole time (both saying repeatedly that we weren't going to panic), and we just built the team as we were doing it....in other words following their plan all along.

seabowl

Reaction score
The Chicago game was the turning point. At the very moment Rice scored the OT touchdown you could have balanced an egg on its end.

JonRud

Reaction score
It does feel like this convergence/Quickening is occuring. I would just be cautious that no matter how great things look - it's still going to be difficult to win a Super Bowl. Still need to stay healthy, get some breaks, and the playoffs are 'one and done' and the games are usually close.

Right now things look brighter than they ever have in Seahawks history, but I am not counting on that meaning a Super Bowl victory until I see the Seahawks leading on the scoreoboard with the clock at 0:00.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think it began during Super Bowl XL. We lost in the most painful way imaginable. A few years later the team hit rock bottom for the first time since 1992..

It was setting us up for what was about to come :)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
When did it start? I'd go back to the Great Purge of 2010, beginning with the trade of Darryl Tapp to Philadelphia, continuing with the decision to cut bait on LenDale White after he thought he could slack off while playing for his old college coach, and then concluding with the fire sale on Labor Day weekend when we sent TJ Houshmandzadeh and so many others packing.

This helped us immeasurably in two different ways. First, it got rid of many of the mistakes of the Tim Ruskell error. Second, Pete set the tone for his new team and demonstrated that he would only accept players who were willing to bust their butts on every play in every practice and every game.

There are so many moments and decisions that got us to where we are today, but I think the move to overhaul the roster in 2010 laid the foundation for everything that's happened since.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
No, I don't believe the universe is converging.

I do, however, believe that Schneider, Carroll, and our players have been working their asses off at building a contender and that said hard work is very close to paying off handsomely.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1bclwxue said:
No, I don't believe the universe is converging.

I do, however, believe that Schneider, Carroll, and our players have been working their asses off at building a contender and that said hard work is very close to paying off handsomely.

That is literally the most literal comment I've read all day.

seabowl

Reaction score
The hiring of Tom Cable was a turning point as well. Before that we couldn't run for anything nor sustain a drive.

12thMode

Reaction score
Genesis 1:12

In the beginning the 12thMan God created

tanzania.png

Later the 12thMan God sacrificed his son

CharlieWhitehurst

3 Days Later his son rose again as our Savior

OOvfi

Revelations 2:14

In the end there will be a battle of good vs evil

6a0115709f071f970b017d3ca56c60970c.jpg