What FA d-linemen still available do you want?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Just looking through the signings yesterday and who's still on the table, there are still some good names out there. I think it's interesting to note that Harvin's cap hit in 2013 is only $4.9million, leaving plenty of cap space this year to sign a couple more big names and bolster our depth with the draft.

This IS the fourth year of the four year rebuild that PC/JS described so that small cap hit from Harvin might be by design. I'm hoping we sign one or two established d-linemen to really give ourselves a shot at the big one this year.

Still on the board worth talking about...

Michael Bennet, DE, 27

Cliff Avril, DE, 26 SIGNED WITH SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

John Abraham, DE, 35

Marcus Spears, DE, 30

Osi Umenyiora, DE, 31

Dwight Freeney, DE, 33

Alan Branch, DT, 28

Richard Seymour, DT, 33

Sammie Lee Hill, DT, 26 signed with Titans

Roy Miller, DT, 26

I know this draft is going to be deep in the d-line department, but should we spend some here? Other positions worth considering are going to be LB, RG, RT.

McGruff

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3o4z31pi said:
Just looking through the signings yesterday and who's still on the table, there are still some good names out there. I think it's interesting to note that Harvin's cap hit in 2013 is only $4.9million, leaving plenty of cap space this year to sign a couple more big names and bolster our depth with the draft.

This IS the fourth year of the four year rebuild that PC/JS described so that small cap hit from Harvin might be by design. I'm hoping we sign one or two established d-linemen to really give ourselves a shot at the big one this year.

Still on the board worth talking about...

Michael Bennet, DE, 27

Cliff Avril, DE, 33

John Abraham, DE, 35

Richard Seymour, DT, 33

Sammie Lee Hill, DT, 26

Roy Miller, DT, 26

I know this draft is going to be deep in the d-line department, but should we spend some here? Other positions worth considering are going to be LB, RG, RT.

You're missing the best DT on the market still.

Alan Branch.

'D take Branch and Bennett. Second place would be Branch and Abe.

In short . . . We need Branch.

OP
OP
JGfromtheNW

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Ahhhhh you're right, I did miss Branch. I think at this point he is a must to re-sign.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Re-sign Branch and get Bennett back. He would still be on the roster if Mora/Ruskell weren't such idiots.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I think re-signing Branch is a bigger priority now that Jones in gone. He's been a pretty consistent force in the middle for us. doesn't get the crazy penetration I'd like to see in the passing situations, but he gets the job done. We could do a helluva lot worse than big Alan Branch...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While one of Osi, Abraham, and Freeney would be nice, I'd like to see them stick with younger plan. Go for Michael Bennett, DE and Sammie Lee Hill at DT. That way they can have somebody for more than just 1-2 years.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think Quinn is going to have some say in any pursuit of any of these guys. I would love to be a fly on the wall at VMAC today.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawkfan68":37slxt09 said:
While one of Osi, Abraham, and Freeney would be nice, I'd like to see them stick with younger plan. Go for Michael Bennett, DE and Sammie Lee Hill at DT. That way they can have somebody for more than just 1-2 years.

I'd prefer going younger as well, but younger often also costs more money.

TheArtOfHops

Reaction score
sammie lee hill signed to titans.

Get Branch and Abraham on board then attack the draft with Quinns picks for the DL.

SDHawk

Reaction score
DT Alan Branch, DE/DT Israel Idonije and OLB/LEO Connor Barwin

all for under $3.5m a year each

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'd really like to retain Branch, and getting Bennett would be nice.