Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10124
Location: Vancouver, WA
razgriz737 wrote:
I dunno. I think if we had almost any other QB besides Russell last season, we'd all be screaming for OL. Remember how many times he was dancing around in the backfield evading sacks?......

Good point but also remember how many times he had time and had to dance around waiting and waiting for some WR, any WR to get open. The addition of Harvin will help that a LOT. And as for the OL, I agree with others here that the run blocking is better than the pass blocking and there is definitely room for improvement, especially at G.




GO ZAGS!!

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:25 pm 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9530
Location: Monroe, WA
There are needs, and then there are needs. OL? Sure, we'll probably draft at least one, maybe two since we have some extra picks left. We'll probably even bring in a couple of UDFAs to camp. But I tend to define needs based at least a little bit on where we draft and I don't expect us to spend second day draft picks on OL, at least not rd 2-3. So yeah, a need, but not the biggest need, which is where we would expect the higher picks we have left to be spent.

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

Haha, who am I kidding. Eastcoastmediabias!


You know they are based in Los Angeles right? Just sayin.


LA's got the disease now, too? Guess the analysts brought it with them. Damn.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21036
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

Haha, who am I kidding. Eastcoastmediabias!


You know they are based in Los Angeles right? Just sayin.


NFL.com is a stones throw from my house, and I actually peed on it during the shortened preseason.

Back to the original topic I agree with Andrea on the needs she listed. However, I think we should look for a diamond in the rough OL every year.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 384
Location: Memphis (Displaced Seattleite)
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
razgriz737 wrote:
I dunno. I think if we had almost any other QB besides Russell last season, we'd all be screaming for OL. Remember how many times he was dancing around in the backfield evading sacks?......

Good point but also remember how many times he had time and had to dance around waiting and waiting for some WR, any WR to get open. The addition of Harvin will help that a LOT. And as for the OL, I agree with others here that the run blocking is better than the pass blocking and there is definitely room for improvement, especially at G.


As I recall, I was pretty impressed by how FEW holding penalties we had given how much time Wilson held the ball looking for a receiver and practically running sideline to sideline lol.

Gotta give the O line some credit. I was a LT in school, and pass blocking for someone who's running around back there with the ball looking for a WR is tough. Hard to keep track of where he is at any given moment while focusing on your block.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7405
Location: CVN-68
Largent80 wrote:
NFL.com is a stones throw from my house, and I actually peed on it during the shortened preseason


I KNEW that was you.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:07 pm 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9530
Location: Monroe, WA
Largent80 wrote:
Back to the original topic I agree with Andrea on the needs she listed. However, I think we should look for a diamond in the rough OL every year.


Which they've done so far IIRC. I expect one or two late round picks of OL, plus maybe some UDFA action. Our line is in decent shape, we have time to coach some guys up.

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:10 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21036
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
FlyingGreg wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
NFL.com is a stones throw from my house, and I actually peed on it during the shortened preseason


I KNEW that was you.


You could say I was Pissed Off.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:29 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 am
Posts: 88
Location: Green Brook, New Jersey
The right side of the line needs to be upgraded some way


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], grizbob, hawknation2014, legend38, therealjohncarlson, Yahoo [Bot] and 62 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.