NFL Network is clueless....lol

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
NFL Network is clueless....lol
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 am
  • So, I am watching the show today and the ticker says who we lost, who we gained ,etc....And our need? OL...I just couldn't help but laugh. Our OL is far from elite but I would not call it a need. Man, they are clueless...
    Our need is DLine(pass rush), and OLB(Hilll replacement), and nickel CB(Trufant replacement). I think the last one could be on our roster and/or can be drafted.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Re: NFL Network is clueless....lol
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:20 am
  • I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

Haha, who am I kidding. Eastcoastmediabias!
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 am
  • One could argue we need an OL better than what we saw from Moffitt and Sweezy last season.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am
  • They've been saying it for a long time.

It's based on the early season impression of Giacomini. Basically, he struggled spectacularly early, and then nothing was heard of him again. So their collective recollection is from his penalty issues.

That and we have a 7th round pick playing a lot at RG. Obviously we can't have that either.

It really is just due to having no ability to follow the team in depth and not using local sources to give you in depth insight. It's a shallow analysis of what we are. I'm guessing it's not unlike most teams they cover. We just don't know better to see where they fall short there too.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:36 am
  • Once again, I said the OL was FAR FROM ELITE but it's not a need IMO. Could we use some depth or more talent at G? You bet, but our needs are what I posted .
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 am
  • We have 2 all pros , a 1st rd draft pick off injury coming back, that has played well when healthy . The RT is average but has growth room. A better line than average
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am
  • At best, OL is 3rd on our list of needs. I'm not surprised, lol.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:Once again, I said the OL was FAR FROM ELITE but it's not a need IMO. Could we use some depth or more talent at G? You bet, but our needs are what I posted .

That's pretty wishy washy. If it's far from elite, it's a need. Let's not sugar coat it.

It might not be a "huge" need to you, but it's a need. And it will be addressed in some form or fashion.

I'm not getting the fuss over what NFL Network said. Teams have multiple needs, not just one.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:At best, OL is 3rd on our list of needs. I'm not surprised, lol.

Yep.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am
  • I dunno. I think if we had almost any other QB besides Russell last season, we'd all be screaming for OL. Remember how many times he was dancing around in the backfield evading sacks? I don't think it is, but I could see why some would label it as a need.
    Last edited by razgriz737 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 am
  • I can see PCJS getting another OL player in this draft that is more than serviceable that will add to the mix. As the competition for spots improves, the weakest link gets released. They have went OL in every draft since taking over and those players are on the team, playing well and getting better under Tom Cable. NFLN obviously just has their own idea of need, because OBVIOUSLY the running game struggled and Wilson was getting PowerDriven into the turf every game.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:Once again, I said the OL was FAR FROM ELITE but it's not a need IMO. Could we use some depth or more talent at G? You bet, but our needs are what I posted .

That's pretty wishy washy. If it's far from elite, it's a need. Let's not sugar coat it.

It might not be a "huge" need to you, but it's a need. And it will be addressed in some form or fashion.

I'm not getting the fuss over what NFL Network said. Teams have multiple needs, not just one.

No fuss. I found it funny. Ya know...LOL. And I do know most teams have multiple needs... :roll:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 am
  • Run blocking is much better than pass blocking. It will be interesting to see if we can get Carp back in and have a steady line throughout the season for once.

I'm hoping a full off-season and lots of reps can help Sweezy - he has potential but was in way over his head last season.

Wilson was running for his life far too often last season.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:02 am
  • Of course OL is a need; would you be surprised if we drafted a lineman or two? As fans we love to be optimistic about our guys but take a step back and look at it from a national perspective or as a fan of another team.

Carpenter, Sweezy, and Moffit have as many questions surrounding them as any group of guards in the NFL. I like Giacomini too, but it's equally silly to imagine him locked in as our RT next year.

Heck, we even have a small need at CB. There is the competition at nickel to consider as well as having players with upside on the roster for 2014 if salary negotiations do not go well.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:06 am
  • AgentDib wrote:Of course OL is a need; would you be surprised if we drafted a lineman or two? As fans we love to be optimistic about our guys but take a step back and look at it from a national perspective or as a fan of another team.

Carpenter, Sweezy, and Moffit have as many questions surrounding them as any group of guards in the NFL. I like Giacomini too, but it's equally silly to imagine him locked in as our RT next year.

Heck, we even have a small need at CB. There is the competition at nickel to consider as well as having players with upside on the roster for 2014 if salary negotiations do not go well.

Yep, exactly. Not sure how people who watched this team last season didn't see the issues we had on the O line. They are good, but there is definite room for improvement.

Stability and cohesion would go a long way.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 am
  • I wouldn't be surprised or upset if we drafted OL. That doesn't change the fact that our most glaring weakness is DL. Just be prepared for it. If the offense can be dominant we do have a good enough defense to get us there. To get the D to an elite level we all know PASS RUSH is a must. That's all. Have a great day. I am outta here for now.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 am
  • Yesterday their ticker said that the Hawks lost Chris Clemons to Miami (they re-signed their safety with the same name).
    We have not come here by chance. I do not believe in chance. I do not see coincidence,
    I see providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to be here. It is our destiny.
    BBlades89
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 am
  • Of course we don't need to improve the offensive line. I can't remember one time where it hurt us and we were unable to get a first down at say 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1.........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 am
  • Not really a huge need I agree, contract wise though we should look for some cheaper options for Paul McQuiston, Breno, and Omiyale. Adding say 3 rookies or 1 UDFA, 1 draft pick, 1 low cost veteran will save quite a bit of cap space. That gives us a lot of leeway in resigning starters in the future and adding another big piece for the DLine.

We could stand pat for another season though, not too terrible of a position to be in for an offensive line.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

You know they are based in Los Angeles right? Just sayin.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 am
  • razgriz737 wrote:I dunno. I think if we had almost any other QB besides Russell last season, we'd all be screaming for OL. Remember how many times he was dancing around in the backfield evading sacks?......

Good point but also remember how many times he had time and had to dance around waiting and waiting for some WR, any WR to get open. The addition of Harvin will help that a LOT. And as for the OL, I agree with others here that the run blocking is better than the pass blocking and there is definitely room for improvement, especially at G.

GO ZAGS!!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:25 pm
  • There are needs, and then there are needs. OL? Sure, we'll probably draft at least one, maybe two since we have some extra picks left. We'll probably even bring in a couple of UDFAs to camp. But I tend to define needs based at least a little bit on where we draft and I don't expect us to spend second day draft picks on OL, at least not rd 2-3. So yeah, a need, but not the biggest need, which is where we would expect the higher picks we have left to be spent.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

LA's got the disease now, too? Guess the analysts brought it with them. Damn.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

NFL.com is a stones throw from my house, and I actually peed on it during the shortened preseason.

Back to the original topic I agree with Andrea on the needs she listed. However, I think we should look for a diamond in the rough OL every year.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:I dunno. I think if we had almost any other QB besides Russell last season, we'd all be screaming for OL. Remember how many times he was dancing around in the backfield evading sacks?......

Good point but also remember how many times he had time and had to dance around waiting and waiting for some WR, any WR to get open. The addition of Harvin will help that a LOT. And as for the OL, I agree with others here that the run blocking is better than the pass blocking and there is definitely room for improvement, especially at G.

As I recall, I was pretty impressed by how FEW holding penalties we had given how much time Wilson held the ball looking for a receiver and practically running sideline to sideline lol.

Gotta give the O line some credit. I was a LT in school, and pass blocking for someone who's running around back there with the ball looking for a WR is tough. Hard to keep track of where he is at any given moment while focusing on your block.
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:NFL.com is a stones throw from my house, and I actually peed on it during the shortened preseason

I KNEW that was you.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:07 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Back to the original topic I agree with Andrea on the needs she listed. However, I think we should look for a diamond in the rough OL every year.

Which they've done so far IIRC. I expect one or two late round picks of OL, plus maybe some UDFA action. Our line is in decent shape, we have time to coach some guys up.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:10 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:NFL.com is a stones throw from my house, and I actually peed on it during the shortened preseason

I KNEW that was you.

You could say I was Pissed Off.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:29 pm
  • The right side of the line needs to be upgraded some way
    seahawks3732
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member